Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello, this is my very first post and very first time using a forum so I am sorry if I posted this in an incorrect location. I purchased a Eureka lemon tree at the Philadelphia flower Show. The tree came in awful media which retained water and was very light. I watered the tree once I got home and it did not dry out by any means a week later. I assumed it was overwatered as the previous media it was in did not dry out whatsoever. The tree was also planted above the crown. I brushed off soil particles around the crown.

I have taken the tree and I had transferred it to a bigger pot with a roughly 1/2 coarse bark 1/4 peat moss, and 1/4 cacti/succulent mix. Before I put the plant in the new pot I checked for root rot. It did not show signs of rot, but the root sheath was easy to pull off which helped to confirm my overwatering. I did not water the plant after transplanting but will do so tomorrow. I wanted to let the root region to dry out before. Now, 3 days after transplanting I feel it is looking worse than before. Is this tree able to be recovered?

I attached a few pictures:

The things to note are the drooping leaves of the tree, of which the actual branches are starting to droop as well- could I have gone too far in the underwatering direction now? There are also a weird set of brown spots on the twig. I used my hand lens to show it.

Thanks in advance for the advice. This is my first time on a forum, or even caring for a citrus tree. I hope I can save my plant and let it grow happy smile

IMG_20200402_151452.jpg (224.74 KB, 17 downloads)
IMG_20200402_151558.jpg (190.59 KB, 15 downloads)
IMG_20200402_155541.jpg (102.27 KB, 16 downloads)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Your tree is in transplant shock, let it be and water once a week...I hope it makes it through.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
1 member likes this: Gremelin

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in November
Gardening in December
Gardening in January

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,787
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,005
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image