Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#405242 Mar 13th, 2020 at 08:55 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I hope you are all well. We are chugging along. Staying in has us more outside than previously. Between raindrops we are getting some outdoor stuff accomplished. Living in the boonies has benefits.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #405243 Mar 13th, 2020 at 12:35 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks for the new Coffeehouse Tina.

School was cancelled again today...this March snow is never ending. It seems that every 3 or 4 days it snows at least a foot.

I am glad that the outdoor chores are getting done for you Tina.

They have closed all schools and day cares in the neighboring province for two weeks, any public gathering of over 100 people has to be cancelled as well. Our Prime Minister's wife has tested positive for the Coronavirus...he is really starting to clamp down because of this.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Tina #405244 Mar 13th, 2020 at 03:28 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Today our president finally called this a national emergency but I'm not seeing much in the way of national plans yet, We'll see. Our governor has a better handle on it all. I'm looking to hunker down for at least 2 months. But could be longer. And I'm ready.
Were your stores cleared out when you went last, Sunny?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405245 Mar 13th, 2020 at 07:10 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I went to the local Dollar General on Wednesday and they were well stocked, as the supply tractor trailer has just been there in Monday. But I went today again on Friday and almost all the TP and such was gone. The grocery store was in good shape though. I will say the socio-economic scale in the town where the Dollar General and the Grocery is is not such that people can buy much up ahead.
Last night, Val and Brian finished out stocking up for us. Tomorrow I will buy meat at the local small meat market, then except for the necessary outings, we will be staying in for a good while.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #405246 Mar 13th, 2020 at 08:44 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sweet Dreams, Tina..Sleep well.

________

Tina #405247 Mar 13th, 2020 at 09:11 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Is Val's school staying open, Carol?
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405248 Mar 14th, 2020 at 12:38 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I guess it is....for now anyway....she is coming by tomorrow with my Amazon order...! Will be sure to talk to her about it.

I cannot sleep, so this is my mid--night walk thru.

I hope you all are having sweet dreams.

________

Tina #405249 Mar 14th, 2020 at 03:55 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Tina, my local store and pharmacy were out of Lysol and sanitizer(thankfully I always buy and keep that here ahead)...food stocks were o.k. but DD was at Walmart and she said that they can't keep the shelves stocked.

I was watching the news where it was showing shelves completely bare and no one can find toilet paper anywhere. One lady was begging for someone to sell her a can of infant formula and diapers because someone wiped the shelf clean. Those poor babies.

We got a call last night from the school board, all schools in the province of New Brunswick are now closed for two weeks starting Monday....there will be lots of children in need of baby sitters.

Tina #405250 Mar 14th, 2020 at 08:26 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, and children that rely on the breakfast and lunches served at school are going to be hurting. Los Angeles schools are out until further notice. I feel for their kids. And donated to a local food bank. They are hurting too.
Good morning. Happy Pi Day. I'm starting with a cherry turnover. That counts as a hand pi, right?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405251 Mar 14th, 2020 at 10:59 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,

Well so far in boonies of Az we are doing ok... with my lousy immune system my doc said stay home... so am doing that..hubby went last week and stocked us up on lots of staples , we had a lot of some stuff anyway from out once every 2 months trips to the Costco.. he just bought extra of the stuff we use a lot so we wouldn't have to go out if it gets really bad... I feel for people who can't do this... I think it may get worse before it gets better... we are keeping an eye on lady next door , she lives alone and while she has a daughter here she is kind of a flake and expects her Mom to fix her problems...
Have a good day all... hope everyone is well and stays that way...
Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #405252 Mar 14th, 2020 at 03:23 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Back where I used to live, they have cancelled school for at least ,2 weeks.Thry have set up several places around the 3 area towns that will have breakfast and lunch foods for all school kids. Hopefully they are spread out do the kids or adults can easily get food. That will help a lot, I am sure.

________

Tina #405253 Mar 14th, 2020 at 03:52 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, Ours go to schools and the local parks to spread them out. The kids are told to line up loosely with space between them and sent up individually to get a sack lunch. In their lunch bags are a sandwich, mostly bologna (with no condiments ), a banana and an apple and milk.. Then the kids can take them home but most congregate in age groups at various picnic tables to eat and visit. It seems to defeat the out of school thing. I worry about the kids that can't get to the parks or schools for the lunches though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405254 Mar 14th, 2020 at 11:42 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405255 Mar 15th, 2020 at 06:49 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Food banks are so abused here that not too many donate. It is frustrating because if only those who were in real need used them then they would be taken care of so well. We donate to DH's church because they know who is in real need and do a drop off to them directly.

As crazy as this sounds, a single parent with two kids on welfare and government subsidies takes in the same amount as my husband working. It boggles the mind to think about it..

I heard a woman say that she sends her kids to school with no breakfast and lunch because why spend the money if she doesn't have to. What life lessons are these to teach kids.

They have just announced here for all persons over 70 to quarantine themselves for their safety.

Tina #405256 Mar 15th, 2020 at 10:17 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
And my state has closed down.Everything is shut down here. No gatherings over 250 people. Social distancing is a fact, not just a good idea. Disneyland is closed for awhile. It has only closed twice before : one day when JFK died and one other day. It has never closed for anything else in its 60+ years.. That should tell you how important the 'distancing' thing is here. One has died and we cannot get enough tests from the Feds. The more tests the more the numbers go up and the numbers are not good politics. This is a disaster.
I am proud of all who are staying home and being sensible. For some living in apartments it means living closer than they like. But it doesn't mean lockdown like prison. They can still go out and run if that is their thing. Just should stay away from the steamy, sweaty gym (if it's even open). I like what my state is doing.
I remember polio, but just barely. The Spanish Flu of 1918 is a better clue. It swept the world and seemed OK with a few more deaths than usual. Then it morphed and came through again. Not OK. It took about a third of the population or more. They didn't keep records as well back then.
We don't have enough beds or ventilators in hospitals. This has barely begun. The Tsunami is coming.
I am glad that you listened to me when I first talked about it. I hope you all stay safe.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405257 Mar 15th, 2020 at 10:30 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I am glad that you are prepared and I hope that friends and family took heed to your warnings as well Tina kissie

They are talking about restricting travel between provinces here...that will be a mess in itself since everything is trucked in or out. I am going to load up on citrus juices/canned fruit tomorrow....fresh/frozen fruit will be impossible to find. It's already at prices that are impossible. I paid $10 for a dozen oranges the other day...it was a wonderful treat though.

Sunflowers #405258 Mar 15th, 2020 at 11:35 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
The way I hear it about the testing kits is the private sector that makes them is ramping up production, but are not there yet. The federal government does not make them.

I am glad that the powers that be in California are taking such good care of it's citizens Tina. AND I thank the Lord that you told us what you did, when you did so we here got a jump on this mess.
Thank you again, Tina. We owe you a lot.

I am going out tomorrow to get the second shingles vaccination, ( they are a series of 2 remember) while I still can go out. I will call the pharmacy first, though.

________

Tina #405259 Mar 15th, 2020 at 03:04 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
The government does not make the test kits. But they have to OK them for use.. And then they had to check the results of every single one that came up positive before it would 'count'. And they have not been able to keep up. There are major universities working on them and A bunch ready to use that are not certified. But our state is going to use them and post their own results. The CDC has been cut over the last three years so it's nearly useless. The FDA has been cut too. The pandemic team that was set up during the N1H1 epidemic was obliterated. The federal government is failing all of us.
The house worked with the administration all week to fund a bunch of things that would help for a start on this. On Friday night the house passed the bill. But it's got to wait for the senate to pass it and the president to sign it. The senate took off Thursday afternoon for a 3 day weekend. Maybe they will get around to it Monday. I hope it doesn't sit with the other 390something bills the house has sent to them that are collecting dust.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405260 Mar 15th, 2020 at 03:42 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sunny, I hope you can find your fruit at reasonable prices. I wish you could grow your own. I remember my mother's stories of the fresh fruits and veggies in Chicago growing up. There were few and none affordable. When my grandmother moved to California, she planted fruit trees. My mother followed her out a year or two later and did the same.
I don't believe they would restrict goods from going across province lines. Mostly just people. Let us know what they decide. Interrupting the supply chain any more than necessary would be wrong.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405261 Mar 15th, 2020 at 04:15 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I wish we could grow more items here as well Tina. I suppose that we should be glad to get what we can with such a short growing season....every little bit counts.

All the tests here in Canada have to be confirmed by one lab in Winnipeg, Manitoba....it is going to be a long process.

Tina #405262 Mar 15th, 2020 at 05:32 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I can see why. It is to keep count of this. And that is a good, necessary thing. But ours want to be sole keepers of the numbers for their own reasons. Not so good. Our Governor won't let the numbers be spun. Neither will others. It's a kind of fight. The tests will be given to the government for verification and counting but we will keep our numbers also.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405263 Mar 15th, 2020 at 09:05 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405264 Mar 15th, 2020 at 09:28 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sweet Dreams 💤

________

Tina #405265 Mar 16th, 2020 at 05:00 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all. GB is here so bacon is on the menu for the morning.....and lots of coffee for me lol

Sunflowers #405266 Mar 16th, 2020 at 06:46 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning !

Yay for bacon. You are a good Grammy, Sunny.
And yay for coffee.
We have plenty of coffee. That was high on the priority list.
What I should have bought was.more water. We use it for coffee and I drink it. I may have Val to deliver some down the road.

________

Tina #405267 Mar 16th, 2020 at 07:48 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Is there something wrong with your tap water, Carol?
Good morning. I don't know what is on my menu today. But I think I'll be cooking something.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405268 Mar 16th, 2020 at 08:04 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
No my water is fine, but there are 2 issues. 1) we have a water softener and with my heart condition I am not drinking it. 2) And then the single serve portion of our coffee maker will get ruined if we use water-softened water in it.. Our water ruined our Keurig, so we got this dual coffee maker. We are trying to take care of it. AND sad thing is most people around here that have water softener water, have one spigot that has plain water, we do not. The people that lived here before us did many things " differently" sad to say.

________

Tina #405269 Mar 16th, 2020 at 12:30 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,

We are all fine here in southern AZ, I am staying home as much as I can and hubby is doing the shopping, that was our usual anyway but being more careful now... he did go out a couple weeks ago and we stocked up more than usual.. we use bottled water here too , our tap water is very salty tasting so I won't drink it for that reason... even out dog gets bottled.. he won't drink the tap either...

I worry about my kids in Colo.. daughter and grandson work in a grocery store and they have to clean the checkstands every hour.. I am praying they don't get sick but scared it's almost a given.. pray for everyone actually... we aren't going out to sis in laws either.. her hubby thinks it's all made up and still has all his cronies there everyday drinking beer in his barn.. she is diabetic and non of us are young so that's worrisome to me.. told her to add us to her people who can pick up her insulin at the drugstore so she doesn't have to come into town but he told her that was not necessary.... hope she did it anyway...

Well off to clean house some and find a new book to download...I read way to fast!

Take care all.... Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #405270 Mar 16th, 2020 at 04:32 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I'm glad that I'm naturally a hermit type. I don't know what my family is up to so no stories. Keep safe, Sherri.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405271 Mar 16th, 2020 at 05:41 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well, the pandemonium has hit here....our stores are stripped bare. I went today and could not even get fresh milk...they told me to go back tomorrow after 10 a.m. the truck will be in. I plan to get some by the bag and freeze it.

Tina #405272 Mar 16th, 2020 at 07:31 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you can get it, Sunny. I truly do.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405273 Mar 16th, 2020 at 07:47 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
They are not saying for 2 weeks any more. It is "at least" two weeks.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405274 Mar 16th, 2020 at 07:51 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
They are not saying for 2 weeks any more. It is "at least" two weeks.
Yes, I caught that. TPTB here are saying the schools will be closed to at least April 3 .
It would probably be smart to leave the schools closed until next fall.. or run them all summer and close back down on the late winter.

________

JunieGirl #405275 Mar 16th, 2020 at 08:04 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I have errands to run tomorrow..they need to be done so I can then stay in.
So, I will say goodnight niw. " See" you all tomorrow.

Nite-Nite

________

Tina #405276 Mar 16th, 2020 at 09:27 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, Carol. I'm not going anywhere tomorrow. well. except to the dumpster and to check my mail.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405277 Mar 16th, 2020 at 10:22 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sleep well, Tina.I

Nite nite wavy

________

JunieGirl #405278 Mar 17th, 2020 at 06:02 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning.!

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

________

Tina #405279 Mar 17th, 2020 at 09:21 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, Happy St, Patrick's Day.
And top O' the morn to all.
Did you find all you needed on your errands yesterday, Carol?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405280 Mar 17th, 2020 at 10:57 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes I did and I also found iut, if I wrapped it correctly, I could send my DD hand sanitizer as long as I put the bottle in a zip top bag and packaged it correctly. I did and it cost me $19.00 to send it prioity...but then, my DD cannot find any in Virginia.

Now to see if it gets there.....

________

Tina #405281 Mar 17th, 2020 at 11:56 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Did you get some for yourself too? That stuff is nearly priceless here. I have several quart containers here. One less than before because I donated some to the resort next door.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405282 Mar 17th, 2020 at 01:09 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
When we were at Sam's, Val and I each got 2 qt containers be of hand sanitizer. And I also got 2 regular size bottles. Plus I had ,2 regular ones at home already. I sent one of the qt bottles to Emily along with my bottle of aloevera so she can make some if need be.

________

Tina #405283 Mar 17th, 2020 at 04:00 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I'm glad you stocked up. I cooked today so I don't have to for a couple of days.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405284 Mar 17th, 2020 at 04:17 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
If I could I would be cooking like that as well. I would live on soup and 1 pot meals......But Rod does not do soups and not many one pot meals.
What yummy thing did you make ?

________

JunieGirl #405285 Mar 17th, 2020 at 09:44 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am going to sleep soon..sleep well everyone.

________

Tina #405286 Mar 17th, 2020 at 10:09 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I made chicken and pasta with peas and carrots and cheese sauce, Sweet dreams.

Last edited by Tina; Mar 17th, 2020 at 10:16 PM.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405287 Mar 18th, 2020 at 04:27 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I am glad that you are all well. I never got to the store yesterday due to a storm but they say the local store gets their supply truck in tomorrow.....I'll be there for sure to get lots of milk.

I have a litre bottle of sanitizer here..I bought it this Fall, as well as travel size ones. It is liquid gold for sure Tina.

Tina #405288 Mar 18th, 2020 at 10:27 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, it is. I don't use it myslf. I've got lots of soap and water. And I have to keep Jonni from bathing in it. (exaggerating)
Our schools are out til the summer. And maybe next fall. We shall see.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405289 Mar 18th, 2020 at 01:27 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hello.sorry I have not been in. My body is not too happy about my setting my 2nd shingles vaccination. I have been sleeping.

I have been using both soap & water and sanitizer. There are normal sized bottles of sanitizer in each vehicle now

Not that we will be going anywhere much.

I know it is Wednesday, but in this house it is Taco Tuesday tonight.
Tina your meal sounds yummy. Thanks for sharing what it was with us.

________

Tina #405291 Mar 18th, 2020 at 02:29 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, I'm just glad you didn't ask for a recipe. I don't use them as a rule unless baking. And it often happens that I use what is available.I use peas and carrots a lot because it's about the only vegetables I can get down Ted. It's a texture thing with him.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405292 Mar 18th, 2020 at 03:42 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
LOL. I thought to ask for a recipe..but then thought better of it. It is all good. We all " wing" our recipes at times...as far as Ted goes, I say do what works.

________

Tina #405293 Mar 18th, 2020 at 03:42 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
LOL. I thought to ask for a recipe..but then thought better of it. It is all good. We all " wing" our recipes at times...as far as Ted goes, I say do what works.

________

Tina #405294 Mar 18th, 2020 at 06:58 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
So, do you have the girls this week, Carol? Is Val's school still open?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405295 Mar 18th, 2020 at 07:44 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
No no girls OR picking up Henry anymore, until further notice. Valarie had half a day of school today before her school closing, but as Henry's last day of school was yesterday at noon, she to!d them she will not be out in anymore. Until school resumes....so no kids here at all. Val also thinks the schools will not reopen until fall. I guess they will just promote everyone as if they finished the school year. Henry's school as well.

Valarie's school did put out a notice that the seniors should bring in their photos and such for Graduation, by today at noon. Graduation will supposedly still take place on May 3 rd. We will see.

BUT I am not allowed to be near the kids now...and it is anyone's guess when we will get to see them again. Thank goodness for Marco Polo and Skype.

________

Tina #405296 Mar 18th, 2020 at 08:54 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
That is best for you, Carol. You Don't need to get this. The kids might but it seems much easier on them.
I sent Tangela to look for a few items in the store tonight. Well, I asked her yesterday and she went this afternoon/evening. I pay her for doing this both for her time and for gas and car expenses. Tonight I also handed her a hundred ones and she said "what's this for?". I told her it was hazardous duty pay. I'm running out of larger bills so she gets a plethora of ones. She isn't objecting. grin

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405297 Mar 19th, 2020 at 04:26 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
lol Tina, we call that stripper money here since we don't have dollar bills in Canada. People will get them in from the bank in U.S. currency to bring to strip clubs for bachelor parties.

My mother landed here yesterday and GG told her not to visit. My mother got offended and GG told her that if she is still going to bingo's and such that she is not supposed to visit other people dragging germs. My mother will not stay home, she runs to the grocery store every day to gather scratch tickets and such. Although it might have been rude for GG to say it...at this time, it is the absolute truth.

I hope this pandemic is over soon. Keep those Skype calls going every day with the kids if you can Junie kissie

Tina #405298 Mar 19th, 2020 at 05:58 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yep, I will, Sunny...I have not yet but I will be doing that.

Yay for $1.00 bills. It spends like larger bills, Tina. You are a good Momma and she is a good DD. My Val said if I need something to let them know and they will go out and get it..For now, we are ok. The time will come though.

________

Tina #405299 Mar 19th, 2020 at 09:40 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I loaded up on milk and fresh fruit/veggies....we are good for a month.

Sunflowers #405300 Mar 19th, 2020 at 11:02 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good for you, Sunny. We only have about a qt.of fresh milk, about a qt of sfrawberries, and 4 apples. I may have Val go to the grocery for us in a few days. As luck would have it the strawberries were on my list as the girls had requested them last werk. Now Grandma gets to eat them.

________

Tina #405301 Mar 19th, 2020 at 11:31 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, I spent a few years only spending twenties and saving all the change. And then counting the smaller bills and socking them away. But I figure I don't need to keep more than a shoe box full of ones so it was time to share them. And no better place/reason to share.
I saw the border was closed to non-commercial traffic, Sunny. I am glad we were able to do that with amity. We'll keep our covid and you'll keep yours. I think you'll be the winner of that in the end. This is going to last months.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405302 Mar 19th, 2020 at 11:37 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Happy spring to all!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
1 member likes this: JunieGirl
Tina #405303 Mar 19th, 2020 at 11:42 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
We all should have done that Tina. You were very wise.
My dad did something like that. He was always waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak. Every.month when his money came in he would take a portion out in cash and put it in his and mom's a safety deposit box. Mom tried to do such now, but as there is just Ieas income, and my brother is handling her bills and such it is not so easy for herss to do.
If dad were alive now, he would be so happy to be able to take care of his whole family..money complete with garden crops to share. He was always preparing.

________

Tina #405304 Mar 19th, 2020 at 04:11 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
A very smart father you had. I enjoyed just watching it grow. What got me started was failures of different banks around the world. Like ib Greece a few years ago when the government just shut the banks down and basically took peoples' money. Or Venezuela when their oil crashed. I decided I needed a cushion.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405305 Mar 19th, 2020 at 04:37 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Checking in.... just finally got around to making sure bank got SS payments... they did so now bill pymts can go out... hubby wants me to give him a tutorial on how I pay the bills incase I get sick... so will try and write it all down for him tomorrow... most of it is automatic so that part is easy...

We are pretty much set here, we had done a Costco run before it got bad and since it's normal for us to buy 3 months of stuff we had the paper stuff and freezer loaded... he did go out and buy some canned and cleaner stuff we can always use so we have enough to share with the lady next door if we need to... I think it will get worse before it gets better so I would much rather have it ready than not and it will always get used … my inlaws here tend to believe it just won't happen so really hope they are better prepared than it sounds like... they are Trumpers and believe he has it all under control...….. we are staying in and as isolated as we can... we are looking out for next door lady , she is older too and her daughter expects her to watch her kids for her still... she finally told her she couldn't do it... they are little kids 7 and a yr old... that's just a lot for a person over 75... the daughter doesn't work either … she just needs to be away from them sometimes... I would tell her it doesn't work that way.. can't put them away like dolls you are tired of playing with... LOL!
Well got to go do another load of laundry and get that out of the way... so far all is well down her at the bottom of AZ..
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #405306 Mar 19th, 2020 at 06:39 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It's very good of you to check in, Sherri. I'm glad that you are staying safe.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Nana's15 #405307 Mar 19th, 2020 at 06:42 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yea, the people who do not believe it will, or is happening, will Be the death of us ( so to speak). And it is not only Trump supporters who believe that way. But as for me and mine, we are staying indoors. I have enough for at least a.month give or take..and I can have my DD drop stuff off for me on the weekends. (her.4 kids are home and her DH works IT for one of the local hospitals so he is at work all the time.) So the only time she will likely go out for us is on the weekends.

I am glad that you are prepared as well, Nana.

Thanks Tina. Daddy was a smart man. He also bought 20 acres in the country so his whole family would have a p!ace to live and be safe at for incase.......the land is now owned by my mom and us 3 kids. I am glad that you have a cushion, Tina. I think that is always a good idea.

________

Tina #405308 Mar 19th, 2020 at 06:52 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
We are under a statewide shelter in place order now.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405309 Mar 19th, 2020 at 06:57 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
That is wise, Tina. I am glad That you are ready.

NBC news has an hour report on now about covid 19. They began with your stay at home order.

________

Tina #405310 Mar 19th, 2020 at 09:10 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, The shelter order just happened about half an hour before that show started. I watched it MSNBC.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405311 Mar 19th, 2020 at 09:24 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Glad you're prepared Tina. How does that work?

I live on a highway and the traffic hasn't slowed one bit. Where is everyone going since so many places are closed?

Tina #405312 Mar 19th, 2020 at 09:28 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sweet Dreams Tina.

We are just getting the storms they promised us for today.

I will say good night as well. Sleep well everyone !

________

Tina #405313 Mar 19th, 2020 at 10:36 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been sheltering in place for over a month, Sheri. I only went out on the 1st to bank and shop. I only went out once in Feb to bank and shop. Age 65+ has been shelter in place for a week or two. No visiting nursing homes or senior living facilities. If you have a dog to walk or something like, you can walk them or just go for a walk for exercise. The idea is not to spread it to anyone. It is a legally enforceable order. Even when Tangela comes by with my shopping, she carries things in and leaves them by the door and leaves. No sitting and visiting. We do our visiting on the phone.
The next level up would be quarantine. Where we would have to stay in our house with no going out. Then they'd have to organize people to bring food to the door. Probably the National Guard. Also legally enforceable.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405314 Mar 19th, 2020 at 10:57 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
No, I also went out in Feb to do my car stuff, Towed it to the shop and went the next day to pick it up and drive it across the street for new tires. I knew I had been out another time in Feb but couldn't remember.
Now I'll be able to sleep. Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405315 Mar 19th, 2020 at 11:36 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well thanks to you, Tina,I went out and shopped a few times, and then I got all my necessary errands done such as mailing my east coast DD a few needed items, and getting my 2 nd shingles shot. My hair needs cut, but oh well, I will get it done in time.

It is 1:35 and I am wide awake...SMH

________

Tina #405316 Mar 20th, 2020 at 12:15 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
We cannot get a haircut, Here. It is considered a non-essential service requiring too close contact between customer and barber or stylist. I saw a funny tweet by someone saying that in three or four weeks we'll be able to see everyone's natural hair color. Funny.
Last time for me. Sweet dreams.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405317 Mar 20th, 2020 at 04:23 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I am glad that everyone popped in.

Things are closing slowly here, we have eleven cases in our province. All non essential places have closed such as clothing stores, hair salons and such.....restaurants are take out only. We also have a bigger problem with the borders closing....the truck drivers are refusing to cross the border even though they are allowed due to the fact that as soon as they cross they have no health insurance. All health insurance coverage has terminated from Canada to the U.S.

They also instated a one hour 'old age' shopping hour at the grocery stores. Only the elderly and disabled are allowed in for the first hour after the deep cleaning of the store overnight.

I am stocked to the brim so we are taken care of that way. Oh, and we are having a freezing rain storm at the moment...that should keep people at home.

Sunflowers #405318 Mar 20th, 2020 at 06:33 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning, Sunny and Tina.

My DH said he guessed that US truck drivers would have to bring the goods that you want to Canada then. I hope our 2 countries can work out a deal.

I do not think that we can get haircuts here either. The quarantine thing is not mandatory yet, as there are no cases real close here, but as the point is to prevent that from happening at all, many places are closing or offering drive thru services only. We also have the first hour open just for Seniors at Grocery Stores, Dollar General, and Wal-Mart as well.

________

Tina #405319 Mar 20th, 2020 at 09:22 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I am thinking they might have to do a transfer between drivers and trucks at the border.

It certainly won't get easier any time soon. The PM of our country just announced that he will be sending a $300 check per child to each family....every little bit helps.

Tina #405320 Mar 20th, 2020 at 10:42 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. The borders are also harming the US citizens who cross the border for needed meds. Like insulin. Something will have to be worked out for sure.
They say in eight weeks, Cali can see 56% if the population infected. That is over 20M people in this state alone. And why we are so tight with our physical freedoms. I am not objecting, yet. We are commandeering a lot of spaces and empty buildings for temp hospital usage. And a few motels too.
This will not be over in two weeks.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405321 Mar 20th, 2020 at 12:13 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
We were told to stock essentials for two weeks, yesterday we were told for one month....maybe the people stockpiling toilet paper aren't that crazy after all.

People will just not stay home....I had to tell my mother again yesterday to go home, she comes here after going from store to store to buy lottery tickets. I keep my door locked now.

Tina #405322 Mar 20th, 2020 at 02:22 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Where is your GS, Sunny? Is he weathering the school closure with you or still with your DD?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #405324 Mar 20th, 2020 at 07:10 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers
.maybe the people stockpiling toilet paper aren't that crazy after all.
See, I never did look at it like that was crazy..1) I use the bathroom around 3 times just within the first say 90 minutes I am up..plus, perhaps we will be at this 2 weeks, Or 4 weeks, and perhaps .more..since we do not know how long we will be on lockdowns, Who can tell us how much is too much...esp someone my age..who may or may not be able to go out again in the near or far future. I only wish I had of gotten more canned goods oh well. Right now we are ok..eventually we may be eating strange but we are ok...

________

JunieGirl #405325 Mar 20th, 2020 at 09:42 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good night. Sweet Dreams

________

Tina #405326 Mar 20th, 2020 at 10:35 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I have enough tp for awhile. I hope it lasts long enough or people decide they have enough and stop squirreling it away.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405327 Mar 21st, 2020 at 04:40 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
It's the people that stockpile, then resell at horrid prices that make me upset. madd

Tina #405328 Mar 21st, 2020 at 09:06 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, price gouging deserves a certain kind of karma.
Now, I stockpile stuff, in general. But it's with a mindset of sharing. I can't stand the idea of eating my beans and rice surrounded by hungry people. Or, for those that can't stomach beans, my pasta and chicken.
Do you sew? Have a working machine? They are putting out calls for surgical masks. I wish I had a working sewing machine.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405329 Mar 21st, 2020 at 10:18 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Where is Carol? If you don't check in soon, I'm going to get worried.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405330 Mar 21st, 2020 at 01:13 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sorry, Tina..my DH had things he wanted to do, then my BIL and his wife called us.

We are fine...here there are phone numbers to call if you witness price gouging. They even had a segment about a man and his friend who went around to various stores in a 300 mile area of us who would walk into a store, buy all the hand sanitizer and wipes and whatever else. They intended to sell it all at a profit..before Amazon took the item down, he had a bottle of sanitizer up for $70.00. He didn't have much to say when they interviewed him, but it was clear that if he had of sold anything he would have gone to jail. He did answer when they asked him what he was going to do with his "stash"..as I remember, his answer was, I am going to donate it..
Poor guy had no choice..LOL

________

Tina #405331 Mar 21st, 2020 at 01:52 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, I've seen that story around. Right to an apology last night. Despicable.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405332 Mar 21st, 2020 at 03:06 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes it certainly was despicable, Tina.

Last load of clothes for today is in the dryer. I really need to wash dishes, I just do not feel like it...there is always tomorrow to do them.

________

Tina #405333 Mar 21st, 2020 at 08:15 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
In a library:
Please note, The Post-Apocalyptical Fiction section has been moved to Current Affairs

You need some laughter, especially in a bad time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405334 Mar 21st, 2020 at 08:59 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes, yes we do, and THAT made me smile,........and laugh ! Tina, thanks

________

Tina #405335 Mar 21st, 2020 at 11:19 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. Keep safe.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405336 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 07:15 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405337 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 07:40 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well, I didn't come in and say goodnight. My bad.....

Good morning. I need to go warm up my coffee. I wish everyone a good day.

________

Tina #405338 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 08:14 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all.

I have declared the week ahead, 'housecleaning week'....if we need to be indoors because of the virus (and our terrible weather) then I may as well put it to use and start washing walls and such.

Tina #405339 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 09:15 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
And I am going to go through my food storage and start packaging things up for my neighbors. I wish I could actually cook for them. But that is not a good idea.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405340 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 11:40 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
That is a good idea, Sunny. that way if someone or you, gets sick you have a starting pls e.. Tina, you are such a good person. Just, please keep enough for you and yours....this may well last awhile...

________

Tina #405341 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 01:59 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, there is plenty to share. And to feed my family too. And It is time to share before anything ages.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405342 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 06:02 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well then I applaude your generosity, Tina.

________

Tina #405343 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 06:44 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
This is what I bought the stuff for, Carol. In case of an earthquake or some other disaster that leaves us stuck and unable to go to the store. And I'm not feeding my family with hungry neighbors looking on. So I bought enough to share.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405344 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 06:50 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
That was very nice of you, Tina. Your family should proud.

________

Tina #405345 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 08:08 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It was not niceness and not much to be proud of. It is what people do in these times.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405346 Mar 22nd, 2020 at 10:13 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well, it is all how one looks at the situation. Many people would look at the food they had and think well good, I am all set for what comes. You on the other hand are thinking of others. If nothing else, I am proud of you.

I am very tired and it is well over time for me to go to sleep.

Sweet Dreams.

________

Tina #405347 Mar 23rd, 2020 at 04:29 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
kissie Tina...you are a wonderful neighbor and friend.

I don't know how long this will last but I do hope that people here start taking it serious....my mother called here again yesterday mad because we won't let her visit. She won't stay home...she was at the grocery store twice on Friday and once on Saturday just 'to get out of the house'. touched

Sunflowers #405348 Mar 23rd, 2020 at 06:35 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning toddy

See, Tina, it is not just me. Your neighbors are very lucky people indeed.

Sunny, I hope your Momma does not learn the hard way about the virus. Best case scenario, after this is iver, she will think that you over-reacted. I say that because if she does then she did not get sick. Saddest part is there are many people with her mindset.

Doesn't she watch TV ?

________

Tina #405349 Mar 23rd, 2020 at 07:49 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning, Two more states have instituted stay home rules. There are not enough tests and such for everyone. What a mess. I hope more people get it and stay home.
A doctor in the Senate was at an event earlier this month with a couple of people that later, tested positive. He decided to get himself tested. Meanwhile, while awaiting the results he had meetings with his fellow senators and lunched with them and went to the senate pool for a swim and....
He tested positive. Now half the senate needs to quarantine when we need them working on virus and economic things. Sheesh!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405351 Mar 23rd, 2020 at 07:28 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Coming in to say goodnight. I am not headed to bed, however, my tablet only has 11% battery life left...so I will see you in the morning. Sleep well my friends.

________

Tina #405352 Mar 23rd, 2020 at 07:47 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, Carol.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405353 Mar 23rd, 2020 at 09:50 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
It rained here today and turned chilly. I didn't go anywhere but I know lots of people who are running around like it's a fun vacation. Shelley is keeping her brood home but she has to go to the grocery store in the morning. Colby is a 17 year old boy and has been trying to keep it under control and Shelley has a schedule, but the snacks are almost gone. I told her I'd go for her but she's got gloves and Tracy has the correct types of mask that he has to use for his type of poultry houses, and she's taking bins so they can be wiped down when she brings them home, so hopefully she'll be safe.

Tina #405354 Mar 23rd, 2020 at 11:25 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
We have rainstorm after rainstorm rolling through and cool. I like it but not the cool so much. Keep healthy, Sheri.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405355 Mar 24th, 2020 at 04:35 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
It won't stop snowing...ugh, I need the end of April to get here quicker. I'll take some warm rain if any of you want to share.

DH turns 50 today....he is officially an old man. lol

Junie, no my mother does not watch tv....the reason why? She won't pay for cable. She'd rather spend her money on gambling. How I came off of her, I'll never know....you'll never find a more different mother/daughter combo.

Tina #405356 Mar 24th, 2020 at 07:27 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Happy birthday to your DH, Sunny. May he have many blessings.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405357 Mar 24th, 2020 at 09:30 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning/ afternoon to you all.

Sheri, I am glad your family is taking this pandemic seriously..many are not, and that may be the ruination of us all. Stay safe.

Happy 50th to your DH, Sunny...I wish him a wonderful 🎂..I guess you will be making the cake this year, huh ? About your Mom..I bet you take after your Dad, huh ??? I know I am more like my Dad than my Mom. Rod would like to get rid of our TV...but That will not happen I assure you.
I hope April comes soon as well. I "very much dislike" winter and all the nasty weather it brings.

Tina..it is pouring rain here as well..and also, every once in awhile it thunders for good measure. I keep telling myself that it is not ice...gotta get thru it someway...

________

JunieGirl #405358 Mar 24th, 2020 at 09:17 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
All is quiet here now. No rain is forecast for tomorrow, but it is supposed to be foggy.

I have an appointment that I must keep tomorrow. I leave early so I wi?l be I tomorrow when I return.

Sleep well folks.

________

Tina #405359 Mar 24th, 2020 at 11:11 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, Carol.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405360 Mar 25th, 2020 at 08:13 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning waiting on my tests now..I wish everyone a good day.

________

Tina #405361 Mar 25th, 2020 at 09:43 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I bought DH's cake from Dairy Queen weeks ago, it was hidden in the freezer....he was a happy man.

Good luck on the tests Junie.

Tina, how is all your family fairing out?

Tina #405362 Mar 25th, 2020 at 09:49 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
We are doing well, Sunny. Not so everybody. We've had our first covid-19 death in the county yesterday. Of 35 tested positive. No details yet or I haven't heard them. LA got it's first and a shocker "cause it was a 17 year old boy with no pre-existing conditions. His dad is also is hospital with it. That was the first of several, 4 I think.
It is sad.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405363 Mar 25th, 2020 at 10:23 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Checking in... we are well and doing ok here in south AZ... it's made it to our little town... I am home for good now.. hubby does the errands but we stocked up weeks ago and bought extra then too..he is home for the duration now.. we to are keeping and eye on our next door neighbor, she is a widow , in her 70's, has a daughter but she leaves her 8 yr old with her all the time... he exhausts her but she won't say no... don't know what she will do if they mandatory quarantine us... We made sure our wills and life insurance policies were up to date too... everything was ok but you never know... can't be to careful... scary times right now...

On a happier note one of hubby's last trips out , he went and got about 8 roses bushes to plant in back yard , all colors and so pretty.. most everything back there was just greenery so gives a little color .. we just celebrated his birthday and our anniversary too .. so was our present to ourselves...

My kids check in every couple days... they are ok... oldest is in NY and they closed down so they work from home now... so glad worried most about them... son's in Co and his dealership closed the service dept down except for emergency stuff so he is working mostly from home too... schools are closed so twins are probably climbing the walls.. autistic kids don't like changes in schedules … youngest dd I worry most about, works in grocery store and so does her oldest son... she worked 75 hours last week... I think people that have to work with public now deserve big bonuses and hazard pay... they close the reg down every 20 min and wipe it all down with bleach, cleaner and make cust stand 6 feet apart to wait to go to registers... I just read that the stores are putting in barriers too to separate them even more... hope that helps...

Well got to clean up this office... need to file and put stuff away... not my favorite job at all!

Stay safe all... Nana....

[Linked Image]
Tina #405364 Mar 25th, 2020 at 11:11 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good going, Sherri. You're doing it right.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405365 Mar 25th, 2020 at 09:51 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405366 Mar 25th, 2020 at 10:02 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sweet Dreams Tina.

Sweet Dreams everyone..sleep well.

________

Tina #405367 Mar 26th, 2020 at 04:35 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Tina, 17 and healthy and the virus overtook him? That should put the fear in everyone fully. Poor lad.

People are still roaming here..well not at my house but they are using my brother-in-laws house as a drop in center. He's a pot head and has a pool table in his living room...if he gets sick, no one in this house is going to look after him. thumbup

It is getting a bit milder here...I wish the snow was gone, we can't even go for a walk because the snow is beyond the edges of the driving lanes...there is not even a sight of the 'sidewalk'. I wish I spent the extra money for those snow shoes.

Sunflowers #405368 Mar 26th, 2020 at 07:37 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes Tina.I have a question..is this 17 yr old boy alive yet...Sorry I did not understand. But I agree...hopefully Brooksville begin to understand.

I will say somel people who do not " get this" are just not understanding the situation....my cousin thought that this viruses not real just a political ploy..thankfully we talk so she now gets it. Then she didn't fully understand the social distancing..she now understands that as well...I will say when I was out yesterday, people were not practicing social distancing...not that I saw....

Plus I have a question..if you can be contagious for 14 days before you show symptoms, just how many people who were screened yesterday when we were out were actually contagious ?...

________

Tina #405369 Mar 26th, 2020 at 10:40 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
No, the 17 year old died. Yes, the virus incubates in you for up to 14 days before showing symptoms. Yes you can be spreading it around before you know you have it. I do not know how many people had it yesterday where you were and neither does anyone else. This is why I'm sheltering in place.
Or I should say Shelter in Peace. I like that much better.
I will also say that people appear to be shedding the live virus for a couple of weeks after they recover so may still be contagious. I'll be mighty surprised if anyone is packing churches on Easter. (2 weeks & 3 days)
I'll also say I'd be surprised if I show up before May's end. I am in hiding until the numbers come down. Number of new cases. Number of deaths. Number of pop-up tent hospitals. Number of temporary morgues. And even then, I'll be getting ready for it all to come around next fall for round 2.
I feel very sorry for people living where the governors don.t feel that it is a problem and are not shutting it down. Those are the places it will hit the worst.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405370 Mar 26th, 2020 at 10:54 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Now I have a question or two. Who/what is Brooksville? And what were you screened for?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405371 Mar 26th, 2020 at 10:23 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I have no idea what Brooksville is. I went back and read it and I have no idea what I was trying to say. the autocorrect on this kindle fire is the pits...I takes me several times redoing a post to get the words to be what I typed. It often changes after I hit "post reply".

Now, I had some diagnostic mammograms done. I called twice to try to cancel..I explained my high risk factors and while I could have canceled the nurse I spoke to recommended that I not cancel my tests, she said it would be a long time before I could come back....So we went..we did not stop on the way up, or on the way back..no meals were had until we were home and had showered, and put clean clothes on.
I am just fine by the way.....
We have not been to church since the first Sunday in March...I think it will be summer or possibly fall before we go back. My old church in IL was having services by appt. Up to a few weeks ago. There could be no more than 50 people in church and while families could sit together, others had to sit 6 feet apart. There were several services added to the schedule to accomplish this. They are now holding services via the internet as is our new church here.

Goodnight, sleep well, my friends.

________

Tina #405372 Mar 26th, 2020 at 10:54 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, Carol. Maybe it's a good thing you got your mammo in before the hospitals are slammed. I am glad you are taking good care of you.

m

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405373 Mar 27th, 2020 at 06:43 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning.

Thanks Tina. I thought it best to go ahead and get the testing done. And now I can rekax, so as long as I am ok in 2 werks, it was the wise decision.

It is a washing clothes and cleaning the bathrooms kind of day here. BUT first ciffee.

________

Tina #405374 Mar 27th, 2020 at 07:17 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Happy Friday to all. I hope everyone has a great day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #405378 Mar 27th, 2020 at 09:43 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'm going to open a new Coffeehouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLOSED~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,873
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image