Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#399626 Jun 20th, 2018 at 03:13 AM
amelie Offline OP
OP Offline
I pulled out some plants in front of my house. They were planted way too close to the house and way too close together and were really starting to look dull. I found some smaller shrubs that I like but have not purchased yet. I just want to design a landscape in front of my house. I want to improve the curb appeal of my house. I have purchased lawn equipments from Mississauga. I am planning to create a landscape on my own when I get any ideas. My house is a red brick cape cod style house with 12-foot beds on each side of the front door. I was in search of ideas for designing a landscape design that is suitable for a red brick house. I also want a foundation in front of my house. My neighbor suggested softening the corners of the house to make it larger. So I planted some shrubs and bushes in the corner. Can you share some landscaping and front foundation ideas for my house? Do I need to hire a landscape professional?

Last edited by Gremelin; Aug 17th, 2018 at 12:58 PM.
amelie #399664 Jun 23rd, 2018 at 06:59 AM
I think it is better to hire a landscape pro so the design will surely complement your red brick home.

moelena #399671 Jun 23rd, 2018 at 01:08 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I tend to agree with moelena, as a professional will better able to assess the situation.

As a side note: a few years ago a family member had a landscaping business in to help them plan the landscaping for their new home. Then they somehow got the plans and did the work themselves. Perhaps you could buy plans from a company ???

I will say I had one business in to submit a plan for my new kitchen and they gave me the plans for my consideration---I kept them but did not go with them--could be landscapers do the same???

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,861
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image