Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I've been up a couple of hours.
Today I will take care of my first of the month things that the storms put back.
Hope all have a good Monday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
2:36 pm

Good afternoon.
The repair "men" were here.....took them all of 20 minutes to replace a $33.00 igniter in my dryer..it cost me $170.00.....AND thank the Lord my DH was home---HE had to replace the hose that removes the air & extra lint to the outside. Good news is he also vacuumed the floor when he moved the dryer.

Washing a load of clothes now.....

Tina...I should get to taking care of some paperwork as well.......thanks for reminding me.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
7 pm here.

That's a nasty repair bill, yikes.

I spent the day at the hospital with GG. She has been beyond sick to the point where I was getting scared. Finally got a doctor to listen to me and treat her with antibiotics...if I can get them to stay in her.

I also mailed our taxes this morning...I'm 'on the ball' this year.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
5:31 pm central

Clothes cleaned & dried. Supper made & eaten.

WE went in & had our taxes done Friday. We do not have them back yet----when we do I will mail them off, OR the accountant will e-mail them in..we shall see.

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
9:43 PM Monday

Sunny, how is GG? Glad you took her to the ER.

Junie, you're moving??? To where? If I know this it has flown out of my head.

My sister in West Virginia got some of the noreasters wind and blew part of their roof off.

Nana I shred stuff constantly. We need a larger one.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
10:52 pm central

My daughter with the triplets (and the little boy) wants us to move down by her, as she needs the extra help. Then too we are not getting any younger, and neither of our girls live close enough to us to help if we had a problem. So we will be moving to Southern Missouri. I will keep you all posted.

My Daughter who lives in Virginia about 30 miles from D.C. had 65 MPH winds. It shook her roof & she was sure they were gonna lose it, but when all was said & done they had their roof, and everyone was ok. Thank goodness the worst hit when my SIL was home. They have no one but themselves out there.

sweet dreams everyone. wavy

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad everyone was safe, Carol.
Good night, sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks, Tina.

I cannot sleep. I am currently watching Psyche.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Those Nor'Easters are awful...we see a few of them every year here as well. I am glad that all of your family is safe...roofs can be fixed kissie

Dh and I woke up sick this a.m....and he woke up with a black eye with no reason. Strangest thing ever.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
8:15 am
Good Morning!

I wonder why your DH would have broken blood vessels. That would cause a black eye, right ? I hope everyone feels better soon.

See you all this afternoon/ evening.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I will make something of this day. I will see later if I am proud of it.
Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
11:08 am central 3/6/18

Hey Junie your moving down my way, maybe. I live in a small town outside of Branson called Kimberling City. It would be great if when you get down this way we could meet up for coffee or something. Where will you be? Just know you will trade a lot of snow for a lot of stone...you'll get it when you get here.

I have been really busy with work, so missed you guys a couple of days.

I read Sunflowers saying a black eye for no reason. You might google that, could be signs of something serious, like high blood pressure or something as simple as rubbing your eyes in the middle of the night. I too hope DH feels better soon.

Here's wishing all a good day, cold and sunny here. Oh and really windy...till we meet again! wavy

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, I'm trying to make something of my day too. It's raining here so it's going on inside. Right now I'm eating a hot dog so I can't say I'm feeling proud but it sure is good :) As usual Shelley is chasing her head to catch her tail. I thought when Darbi went to college that some of her picking up and dropping off would stop but it seems it's actually gotten worse. This afternoon I'll either have to pick Aubry up and take her to piano lessons or pick Colby up after ball practice.

Sunny, sorry you guys are sick. Seems the bug has moved into your house and won't leave until your weather warms up. I'm with Mary about suggesting DH get that eye checked out.

Good to see you Mary. Don't work too hard.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
Good afternoon !

Mary, My daughter lives in Scott City...scott county. about 15 minutes from Cape Girardeau, MO We will be living in that area.

One of my friends here at ceramics thinks we are making a mistake but we feel this is something we should be doing. Not to mention our oldest DD wants us to very badly. The DH of our baby (she is 31 and has 3 boys) does not want us to, because of we do they cannot come home(from Virginia) have a place to say while visiting family here, and his parents are now about 45 minutes firm here, and it will be 2-1/2 hours between the 2 parents houses when we move.

Home from ceramics---I need a nap.....

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
That's a lot to think about Junie and I will say that sometimes it's nice to live in driving and visiting distance rather than going over and picking up from school or babysitting distance from the grandchildren.

What are you working on in ceramics these days? Have you checked to see if there will be a convenient place to where you're moving?

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
I hear you Sheri, but with living 2-2/2 to 3 hrs away is too far.

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I loved living close to the kids while they were younger , helping with the babysitting , but we just had to get somewhere we could afford to live and make our money last...Nicoli called me today to help with a Language Arts question he had... poetry, I didn't like it in school and still don't but hoping I made sense for him, he said he understood what they wanted so hope he really did...

I am working in my office, cleaning out big filing cabinet... want to go get a couple storage boxes to file the last 22 years of tax papers we have... I know we don't have to keep that far back but hubby wants too. , just want them out of filing cabinet... would empty a whole drawer. did get my current small files ready for this years bills and receipts.. office is still a mess.... but getting more organized slowly...

Well it's late , even the dog went to bed so guess I will too.. want to hang some pictures tomorrow... and work on more office stuff, shredder is really getting a workout... have a good night all... hope every feels better tomorrow Sunny, wish I could send you all out close to 80's this week... though we should get some much needed rain too...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
Hello Nana !! how have you been,

Moving to Missouri will be better for us money wise as well. Their taxes in Missouri are nowhere near as high as ours are in Illinois. My advice to anyone considering moving to Illinois is 1) Don't & 2) if you insist in doing so, DO NOT Even consider Madison county. Well unless you like giving money away to the state.

My DH keeps talking of being there to pick up kids after school of the evenings. And while that is true, my DD pointed out that as we age, if we needed a driver to go to a Drs. appt. or were suddenly ill, they live 2 to 3 hours away..and if we lived by them it would be no big deal to take a day or part of a day off to take us to whatever.

This is more a thing we think we should do, not one we so much want to do.

Sweet Dreams to you all

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Hi, Nana. It is good to hear from you more. I am glad you are having a warmer winter.
I got a few things done today. So I am satisfied.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all...this flu bug is kicking our butts. I'll catch up and chat later when I'm feeling better.

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Did I mention that I messaged Belinda (suzydaze maybe??) on FB and asked about dodge. She said dodge told her she was going totally offline, FB, forums, email, everything and she hasn't had contact since. I usually receive a Christmas card from her and an email when she receives mine but I didn't this year. I'm going to send another card today. Hope she's ok.

Taking ToDeTa to the vet today. I think she needs hormones and maybe thyroid medicine.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Get well soon, Sunny.
Good morning. Got to see what today has in store for us. Hope it is a good one.
Happy Wednesday all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
8:18 am 3/7/18
Wow Nana, 80's/ don't you live in Colorado? 80's sound so wonderful...I can't wait for open window/door weather!!

Sunflowers, I had Influenza B and still have the cough. I've heard it takes weeks to get over that part. I was in bed for about 10 days and can't remember the last time I was in bed that long. In fact, I have probably never taken off more than 2 days in a row from work in the last 9 years. Even my vacations are not a solid 5 days in a row with no interruptions. point is, take good care of yourself, that flu is nothing to mess with..

Junie, Scott City is about 5 hours away from me. i am in southwest MO and Scott City is in the southeast MO. We lived at Lake of the Ozarks for about 8 years. We had a house on the lake with a dock and we could get in our boat to go out to eat because most of the restaurants are on the lake and quicker to get to by boat. I love fishing and could just walk right out to my dock and fish to my little hearts content. Grandkids loved it, BUT I was so far away from everyone, 4.5 hours that I only got to see them about 3 times a year. I told my hubby, I wanted to be back closer to kids and grandkids, so we decided on Table Rock Lake area and here we are...I love it. I get to see everyone so much more. They are only 1.5 hours away and we can go see them too. My sister even moved from Texas and lives about 5 mins from me. It worked out great for us. I hope whatever you decided makes you happy.

Bestofour, I love hot dogs with chili. mmmmm!

Ok so what does DD and DH mean? help

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
11:47 am central
Here ya go Mary:

DH = Dear Husband
DD = Dear Daughter
GG = Grand Girl
GB = Grand Boy

I hope that helps.

so how far are you from me now..I live 45 minutes NE of St. Louis just inside of Illinois. 20 minutes NE of Edwardsville, IL

Sheri: good luck at the vet's. I think I may have gotten a Christmas card from Dodge--I know I got a card between Halloween & Thanksgiving. She made mo mention to me about the no internet thing. I think I to will send her a card as well. Hopefully one of us will get an answer.

Sunny: take care of you and yours. I hope the flu or whatever is soon gone.

Tina: I wish you and yours a great day !!

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

LOL. MJ,
Well to bring you up to date , we are now back in Az... moved last Labor Day weekend... was getting way to cold for me up there, made me hurt a lot and be housebound in the winter most of time... so after a yr and a half of talking to hubby, he hated leaving kids and grands... so did I but boys are getting older , all teens now and really don't need us all that much now.. oldest grandson has a baby now with his fiancé, youngest grandsons are 12 now, 15 grands and 5 great grands now.... time flies!

Its cold in Colo still by the way, 53* right now... and that's the high... 75 here right now... much nicer...!

In my office right now, shredding old papers... will only let me do 15 or so in a row so get a break every minute or so... wish I still had my other shredder , would alternate, but gave it to dd when we left...hubby set up a tv in here for me with a box so I can watch tv too,,, so nice of him... think it will take me a week to shred all this stuff.. did 4 trash bags so far, couldn't sit long enough before we left with my foot down to do it, or would have... couldn't do much else with a broken ankle in a cast all that time... oh yes we came down here last yr the end of March and I didn't see a sunken living room, stepped down and broke ankle in 3 places, had to had to have surgery to set it and stay with in laws for 5 weeks till I was cleared to travel back up ... spent rest of summer healing and going back and forth to AZ for checkups... finally got cast off , did physical therapy and we finished house stuff to sell it, sold in one day and here we are!

I have way to much junk in this office, have a box filled for donation too.. old spiral notebooks( boys homeschool) just stuff! why do we collect stuff?

Well got another bag full, letting shredder cool down again... at this rate I will be in here for a month! LOL!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
Nana: Thanks for the reminder...golly you were all very busy, weren't you ? I know why I keep stuff--some is b/c it reminds me when the girls were home & some reminds me of alll the other in-laws & grands....Plus it seems every time I discard something I need it w/in the week..you know I need it soon enough that I remember throwing it away...

sunny but cold here.....

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Hello. I got some phone calls made. this morning. And some housecleaning.
So it has been a good day. I'll see what I can do this afternoon.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
Good for you, Tina..

I did little...I so wish Rod would do something away from home. I do little to nothing and I am sure it is b/c I am used to doing all my work when everyone is gone & I am alone....

Supper in the oven, ...we will go to church tonight.

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
TodeTa is in renal failure. We're going to have to put her to sleep.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
5:52 pm

Oh my, so sorry Sheri. You have my sympathies.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh, I am so sorry, Sheri. She had a good life with you.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope glad you got to be productive today.
I didn't do too bad myself. Now I'm zoning.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Sending my condolences Sheri kissie

I haven't done much of anything lately. Our counter top looks like a pharmacy...and nothing is working. Having the three of us sick at the same time is exhausting.

There are also three Nor'Easter storms in our area from Wednesday through to Sunday. We woke up covered in ice this a.m. with heavy snow on it's way. I can't wait for March to be over.

I'm such a complainer lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry, Sunny. I hope it passes soon.
Good morning.
I had a bad night again. Tonight will be better.
I hope everyone has a super Thursday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Sunny whatever this illness is people are having a hard time getting completely over it. My sister and several people at church get better (they think) only have it return in a few days and then the cycle repeats. Back and forth to the doctor without much results. I think it just has to run it's own course. Sorry about your weather. Just makes everything worse doesn't it.

Johnny is in denial about ToDeTa. She was given fluids yesterday so she seems perked up today and in his mind she's all better and the labs and doctor are wrong. He won't even listen to the fact that she's being poisoned by her own toxins because her kidneys aren't filtering because "look Sheri. She is peeing." The doctor told us that vomiting was a sign that things are very bad and she has vomited once which Johnny says she's done ever since she was born. I feel sorry for her because I think he's going to let her suffer because he can't face it. Seems mean to say it but I hope she just falls over dead today before it gets any worse.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is not mean or cruel. It is what would be best for the dog and Johnny.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
I agree with Tina, Sheri. That is not mean or cruel. It would be better for ToDeTa to just fade away & easier on Johnny as well. I do so hope that this all works out for you all. It is a sad & hard thing to do. But sometimes it is the necessary thing to be done. I will be thinking of you all.

My DH is the same way about his pets. When we had to put down our Border Collie, Jenny, he said he was not ever doing that again. Well then Dante` (our Australian Shepard mix) came to the point where the vet said it was time. I was worried Rod thought I was going to the vet by myself with Dante`.. BUT luckily he went along.

Tonight I get to watch a new "The Big Bang Theory". YAY for Thursday nights.

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
My friend in Maine has over 15 inches of snow.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
Nice Graphic, James !!! shewinks

MY Daughter in VA had some snow but it was 45*F there today & what snow she had, melted.

Plants N Pots got around 16 inches on her deck as of this morning, and so I assume everywhere else too.

I am headed to sleep now. Sweet Dreams to you all.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams, ladies. I did nap today but I'm getting sleepy too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image