Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
2-27-18 CST 10:31 pm

OK Sunny--I must be "it" b/c I opened up the new CH LOL

Now we can chat on......

Mary, besides the coneflower, I also like the Echinacea. of course there are different varieties of both, so IMO they are a good choice.. There are a few other perennials that I like but they are invasive so I shy away.

I also like Russian Sage, a Stoke's Aster that I have had since 2008 and a Miniature Butterfly Bush. The stake says it can get to between 36 - 48 inches high but mine hovers around 30 inches. very pretty.

I try to plant new perennials each season but then I fill in with whatever pretty annual that I see that year.

I will say goodnight now. Sweet Dreams wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
10:45 pm
Nana, it is very good to see you!
Sweet dreams, Carol.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
6:53 am for me.

Nana, it was good to hear from you. What's the price on beef there? We just sold a cow the other day to a buyer...I'd have gotten twice the price if I was allowed to sell to the public.

Mary, my favorite season is spring/Fall. I get snow at least 6 months of the year here.

Today is a half day of school...meetings for the school board in the afternoon. DH is going to try take the afternoon off so we can go shop for car insurance. Our claim jumped by over $300 a year...with no tickets or reason. Wish me luck.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
8:55 am

I posted at 8:39 am Grrrrrrrrr

I will try again.

Nana it was so very good to hear from you. I am so pleased that your foot is doing well. YAY !!

I got a good night's sleep last night..so all is good here.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
8:25 am PST
Good cold morning. I got hung up on the news before coming in.
Today I have to go out and about.
I hope everyone has a great day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
I will look at all the flowers you mentioned, Echinacea, which variety? The sage and the aster too, the butterfly bush, I have one, just planted last year and hoping it comes back.
Tam - WOWZERS!! Snow 6 months out of the year??? I would not last the first winter. I guess if you grow up in that, you just get used to it. Being a southern belle, from Texas, that is way too much cold weather for me. It is beautiful though, I must admit.

Back to work for me...

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
11:14 pm 2-28-18 CST

I have many varieties, Mary.

Green envy, White swan, Little Annie (short) and 2 double coneflowers---1) Coconut Lime 2) Pink Double Delight. I also have a purple one, but I do not have it's name.
The one purple one I have had for over 15 years..when my 38 yr old DD was 15 she worked in a plant nursery. One day she brought home some small plants off of her employer's compost heap---I have kept them going since then. When we moved back on 2004/05 I took several plants with me. :)

I am soon headed to bed..see you all tomorrow..

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all.

School is cancelled...it is storming again. The old saying is that if March comes in like a lion....it will go out like a lamb lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
I hope the lion/lamb thing is true because the lion is supposed to attack here this evening..
I am going out this morning to be ready for it.
I hope all have a good day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
so what is the correct way to comment on this forum? Should I use Quick Reply or Reply at the bottom or the last comment? This time I used Quick Reply.

I am so ready for some warm sunny weather. Again, it is cloudy here today and I miss seeing the sun. I think the hi will be around 60, which I know is a lot warmer than some of you guys, so why am I complaining?

Junie Girl, I will look at all of the flowers you mentioned above and see which ones might work for me. Thanks for the listing. I also need to figure out when I need to cut my azaleas back, pretty sure this month.

Going to California office at the end of March, made all my reservations yesterday. I wish I could get my hubby to travel with me, we have a dog, so he stays home with her and refuses to board her. I kind of hate the idea of boarding her too for a week, but would really love it, if he would go with me at least one time...

Well this post sounds like I am never satisfied! Thank you Lord for this day! Amen!

Have a great one everybody!

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Mary, in my area we prune azaleas right after they bloom. I have a few encores that, since they bloom all year, I prune whenever they look like they need it.

Curious as to what type of work you do. Seems nice you can work from home but then travel some too.

Our March temperatures are supposed to be warm.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
10:32 am central

Mary, look up on the right-hand side of the forum under "Gardening Links". There are some guidelines listed by months.That many help you.

As far as posting correctly either works. if you wish to use emoji's click on full editor which is located at the bottom of the quick reply.
all of your options will be listed at the top. of the message box.

Mary, a road trip how nice.

Sunny, another lost day...I am hoping they will forgive all the lost days this year. If they do not soon there will be little to no summer vacation..at least it sounds that way.

would love to go out today, but I have no reasons to leave the house

________

Full Editor!! dance This will be fun!

Bestofour, I work for a company that brokers groceries. So we buy groceries in one part of the US and sell to someone in another part of the US. We also have a few things we manufacture ourselves, but really just got into that in the last year or so. I do all the financials, banking etc. I go to the corporate office in Redlands, CA about 4-5 times a year. I am very blessed to be able to work out of my home.
I will look at my azaleas, pretty sure i have encores. 2 of my bushes I planted right as the season ended the year before and never cut them back, so they are pretty tall and scraggly looking.

Juniegirl, thanks for the gardening link heads up. I will look at that. Your in Worden IL and I looked at the weather there compared to here. next few days we are a lot alike, I am probably 5 degrees higher, but pretty close. I am thinking you said, "would love to go out today", well isn't that reason enough??? why

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
Mary, well yes that is reason enough, but with the hubby retired now, I tend to stay home more than when he was working.

YAY for full editor ! party

________

JunieGirl, my husband is retired too. He stays pretty busy with projects though. I do very little without him. About the only thing I do is sometimes grocery shop alone, but not even that very often. Of course, my business trips, he stays home, but for the most part, we are always together...wouldn't have it any other way! He is my best friend!

Night to all! Sweet dreams!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
10:58 pm
Mary, I am happy for you.

G'nite everyone. wavy

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
5 a.m. here.

I've got a sick girl again...sore throat and gastro. here has been no school due to the snow and March break starts Monday.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is damp out but a few degrees warmer than it has been. I like warmer.
I will stay in today. And laundry.
I hope everyone has a great Friday

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
9:24 AM

Sunny sorry about your sick girl but glad she's not having to miss a required school day. How does the system make up so many weather days? We have a few days already in our schedule that we can use but then they take away Easter holidays and we've even had to go on Saturday.

Warm but extremely windy here today.

Going to get my hair flattened. I've been wearing it curly, which Johnny likes, but it's a little frizzy from the rain yesterday so flat it will be for the weekend.

Going to Darbi's game tomorrow so I'm making cookies for her today.

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all,

Up early today, hubby left for Colorado today, taking our tax stuff up to our guy, didn't want to mail it...
will be a turn around trip, will see the kids... and come back,,, we are going up again in a couple weeks for spring break , have a real visit with kids and friends... hopefully won't be to cold.... it's been chilly here the last few days but supposed to be 75 in a couple days...

I have been doing laundry today,,, will clean house too and still working on getting office organized ,really need to get rid of lots of old crap... shredder is getting lots of use...

When hubby comes back we are going to plant a few pots of flowers for the back yard... it's been landscaped nicely but want to add some color... need to get some bamboo curtains for patio too... will need the shade when it gets warmer... hubby is going to add a couple outdoor ceiling fans too to help it stay cool out there...

Well off to fold some laundry and change load ... have a good day al!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
4:24pm

Sheri...I like straight hair....I bet it looks nice on you.

Sunny, I hop e that GG is better soon.

Nana, Sounds as if things are going well for you...so happy to hear it.

Tina--laundry. good for you !! I should not have commented on my washer/dryer the other day when Sunny's washer died. The heating element died on my dryer. Repairman is coming out on Monday.

Took taxes in to get done today--fun trip... NOT !

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
10:35 PM

It was so windy today that it made it freezing outside even though it wasn't really freezing. Supposed to be windy again tomorrow.

Junie, I like my hair straight too but it's so hard to get it straight and then if it's at all humid it's hard to keep it straight.

Aubry came over this afternoon and we made Darbi cookies. We've decided not to go to the game tomorrow because I think it's supposed to be windy again and I'm not sitting in the wind.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Brr, it's windy here too. And cold. I am going to snuggle up an get warm.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
10:01 cst here

Originally Posted by Bestofour
10:35 PM
Aubry came over this afternoon and we made Darbi cookies. We've decided not to go to the game tomorrow because I think it's supposed to be windy again and I'm not sitting in the wind.

Hey, the cookies are made already though, right ??? and golly "someone" will have to eat them.....LOL (enjoy!)

Going to sleep soon---so g' nite to you all...

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'm getting freezing rain this a.m. I still haven't cleared all the mess from the 'two day' storm either....oh well, with this weather it's not like I will be going anywhere.

I see on the news that the weather is terrible everywhere this week...keep safe and warm.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
7:27 am Central Time zone.

Good morning ! breakfast

It is dry & sunshiny here---in the 50's---but my DD on the east coast is getting it badly---mainly VERY high winds that are scary strong as well. I have not seen her on Facebook this morning yet..I hope all is well Thank goodness her DH is home for this.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.I hope everyone keeps safe in their weather.
Happy Saturday to all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
10:26 AM EST

The cookies are made and Darbi's other grandpa will take them to her today. The wind stopped last night and it was still as could be so I thought we might go but it's started back up this morning and it's 45° so I'm staying put in my house. When Ginger played in college we sat in the freezing cold so many times I can't even remember. At one game Johnny and I were the only spectators and every once in a while I'd have to go into the bathroom and turn on the hand dryer to get a little warm. It was so cold I don't know how the girls were able to catch the ball. I'll let Darbi's mother and dad do that during her college years.

Hate you're getting freezing rain Sunny.

Gotta get started around here.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
9:34 am

Good choice, Sheri.

I have so much drainage, and it is bothering me big time. I have a lot I could do but we will see what happens.

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,

Gee I feel guilty it is supposed to be around 70 today and sun is out... do hope it warms up soon for you all...

Hubby is on his way back , got a late start , so may spend night in NM ... it's a long drive....and most of its pretty boring ,lots of empty desert ...

We will be planting some flowers soon.. not till end of March... and in pots.. when we go back up to Colo I will pick up the house plants I left with Carrie..
did get a new philodendron here a couple weeks ago...miss having my greenery around...

Well off to run the vacuum and dust the house... then work on sorting thru office stuff some more... shredder is getting a workout .. getting rid of old crap..

Have a good day all.

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
10:29 pm central

Do not feel guilty. It was in the 60's in Illinois today..but then in the 30's tonight--and then rain next week. We will all get our good weather...eventually any way.....

So glad that you can plant so early, even if it is in pots.....I am envious of you all. Carol will be doing no real planting this year..as I do not know when we will be moving.
But then I guess I have to keep my flowerbed looking nice don't I ?? YAY for that...

G'nite & sweet dreams to you all.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Seet dreams, Carol.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Gee Gals, can you share some of those ice temps?

DH just came in to tell me that I have a flat tire on my car. The garages are closed and my 'dummy tire' won't suffice to take GG to the doctor in town tomorrow.

DH is on his way to help another farmer who had his barn roof fall in...that's the third one this year.

Hoping Sunday is a better day for y'all.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
I don't have much warmth to share right now, Sunny. Or I would.
I hope everyone slept well, last night.
Have a wonderful Sunday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning---my computer first froze, well it would not do anything but light up, then would not start after I turned it off. I waited 5 minutes & then it came back on...slowly.

Sunny, I hope that your DH can get your tire fixed early enough tomorrow so you can get to the Drs. Otherwise it sounds as if he will have to take you...or give you his vehicle--LOL

________

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
5:56 pm CST

Salads eaten & Pizza in the oven. I really like Sunday nights....the most work I do is making salads & cutting up pepperoni on a frozen pizza.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sounds good, Carol. I cooked a bit today towards the week ahead.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Offline
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning. Repairman is coming today. Hopefully by tonight I can once again dry my clothes.
Today I have errands to do. I can be gone until around noon. Repairman said he would be here around 12:30.

I wish you all a great day.

________

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image