Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Patriot
10k Posts
OP Offline
Patriot
10k Posts
If what is being said about Scientology is true it's almost unbelievable that people will allow themselves to be treated so horribly.

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I haven't watched it yet but I heard it was interesting to see how a person can be brainwashed so quickly.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Patriot
10k Posts
OP Offline
Patriot
10k Posts
I can see how people buy into it at the first when they're told that YOUR life is what you make it. Whatever YOU do is what is going to determine what happens with YOUR life. Aside from disease, death, accidents, I believe that's true. People from the worst poverty or horrible abuse often pull themselves up and out and go on to have wonderful lives. A great deal of how things turn out does depend on us. I think that part is the hook and to me it makes sense but the rest of it is brainwashing to me. And people have let their children die because they don't believe in doctors or medicine. Horrible.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I have not watched it and now having heard what you are saying is just sad....

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Patriot
10k Posts
OP Offline
Patriot
10k Posts
You should watch it. It's interviews with people who have left Scientology, for one reason or another, and just wanted to go about their business but Scientology harasses them to unbelievable lengths. All of these people have said they didn't want anything from Scientology and had no plans to tell anyone what went on or to write a book UNTIL they were chased, slandered, lied about, and harassed to the end. One man was run off the road by a Scientology van and a passerby saw it and called 911. All he wanted was to be left alone. One lady was harassed at her doctors office until the office staff called the police and the Scientologist left. It's just crazy.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image