Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Gremelin #394703 Jan 10th, 2017 at 01:48 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am poking in.
I got my banking done. I washed dishes and got my trash down to the dumpster. And grocery shopped. Not that I needed to but I got some fun warming things. And salad stuff. I normally crave hot veggies in the winter but I've been craving a cold salad now and again.
I'm glad they are supposed to be here tomorrow to fix my line. It is still giving me trouble.
Now that I've rambled on, I'll be back in later.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #394704 Jan 10th, 2017 at 03:18 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am getting things done for what is supposed to be a bad storm in this area this Thursday evening to Sunday some time...Complete with ice.
I have grocery shopped made a bank run, & a Pharmacy run. I think we are good now until next week. I hope it all goes away by Monday morning. I have 3 Dr. appointments next week.

Glad you got your running done, Tina.

Sunny, stay safe----

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Gremelin #394705 Jan 10th, 2017 at 05:34 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
and I hope it is calm enough to allow for ceramics on Tuesday as well, Carol.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #394706 Jan 10th, 2017 at 07:49 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
and I hope it is calm enough to allow for ceramics on Tuesday as well, Carol.

Uh...Tina, go check you calendar... Thanks for the well wishes though, It was a great day...

I think tomorrow is just supposed to be rainy and then begin to get bad Thursday evening...we shall see if that happens or not...

I have been doing bookwork & I needed a break from it--Time to go back now--TTYAL

________

Gremelin #394707 Jan 10th, 2017 at 08:10 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
So at Sunny's it warmed up to -20 and everyone went to school. At Sheri's it was 27F and schools started 2 hours late :)

Tina how much rain have you had lately?

Johnny found out tonight that his part of his medicine, because of dear Barack's insurance mess, will be $438.00 a month. There is no longer a gap where he will get to a level where he won't have to pay as much and then get to where he doesn't have to pay anything like in years past. For this entire year he will have to pay $438.00 a month on what he takes now. If any meds are added he will have to pay more.

Bestofour #394713 Jan 10th, 2017 at 10:06 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour

Johnny found out tonight that his part of his medicine, because of dear Barack's insurance mess, will be $438.00 a month. There is no longer a gap where he will get to a level where he won't have to pay as much and then get to where he doesn't have to pay anything like in years past. For this entire year he will have to pay $438.00 a month on what he takes now. If any meds are added he will have to pay more.

Yep, I know--My brother LOVED getting insurance he could afford...with "Barack". Then 1 or 2 years down the road it changed on him &he could no longer afford it. Do not remember if it was because of the cost or if it was b/c of the charges after the fact like you are describing. Either way I am hoping that things are different/better by the time we go on Medicare & SSI.

I am scared to death...

BUT for now--G'nite & Sweet Dreams to you all. Keep warm & keep safe....

________

Gremelin #394714 Jan 10th, 2017 at 10:30 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
How funny. I forgot it was Tuesday when I posted that, Carol.
We have gotten some rains, Sheri. But not as much as northern California. Some of our burn areas have been hard hit but not me. So I'm good with it.
I hope everyone keeps warm tonight. Sweet dreams.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #394718 Jan 11th, 2017 at 05:41 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina

I wonder if someone young and agile could make a winter living clearing the roof of peoples houses there, Sunny?.

Honestly no...people wait too long then go in panic mode when they hear of rain or melting temps. My Uncle charges $50 a roof and has a hard time to find work...by the time most call him it is beyond his waist and he refuses to go. Then they complain of ice dams and roof leaks.

My mother learned the hard way one year....instead of maybe a $100 a month for roof clearing it cost her thousands for roof repair. Now she has him scheduled every two weeks.

We have 5 roofs here to shovel...and I keep on top of it steadily.

Sheri, that is a lot just for meds...I guess insurance does what they want.

Keep safe Junie.

Tina, I was just watching the news...what a mess in some parts of Cali. Keep safe as well.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Gremelin #394720 Jan 11th, 2017 at 09:16 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I couldn't get in through the heavy rains before.
Most of the worst you're seeing on the news is to the north of me. I've got it easy in comparison.
I have no plans today. Just puttering on house stuff. It's a very rainy day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Gremelin #394723 Jan 11th, 2017 at 09:50 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Johnny doesn't have Obamacare insurance but his private insurance has changed and it's being blamed on Obamacare because those that can pay are having to pay for those that can't pay or aren't paying what they should be paying. My insurance agent told me the same thing - that private insurance premiums will continue to increase to provide coverage for the subsides that go along with Obamacare. So private insurance is screwed and Obamacare is horrible. I told you about my friend who doesn't even qualify and Amy, who isn't offered insurance at work, was paying $50.00 Obamacare last year and is now having to pay $130.00 for the same Obamacare. Maybe we should all move to Canada when Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie McDonald go. Wonder if they really said that. Are they crazy enough to think anyone really cares where they live?

It's a rainy day here too Tina but I have already been to the gym (I'm trying to support Shelley in her efforts because she gained like 75 or more pounds when Colby was in the hospital) and to the library to pick up a book, and I'm getting my hair cut this afternoon. I'd rather take a nap.

Sunny do you climb a ladder, get on your roof, and sweep or blow off the snow? Is it your house, garage, and outbuildings? That's a lot of roofs.

Bestofour #394727 Jan 11th, 2017 at 11:00 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning.

I just finished making some rice pudding. MY grandmother used to make it all the time when I was little. I finally found a recipe like the one she used. It is basically a custard recipe with rice and raisins in it. You cook it in a water bath and then you stir it at 10 minutes, and every 15 minutes afterwards...I still remember her reaching in the oven & stirring hers. It made me happy to make it like she did and it will make me happier to eat it I am sure. BUT first, while it cools, I will make roasted cabbage "steaks" for my lunch...I cannot wait.

Sunny, you stay safe as well, we do not want you to fall off of your roof & get hurt.
Tina...so glad to hear that you are not getting the worse of the weather that California is getting. That is comforting.

Sheri: Our deductibles are horrendous..as are our payments.......
we pay like $400.00 a month for the 2 of us and then have very high deductibles (one for each of us) and High co-pays for Drs. Before all of this "Healthcare" stuff began, we had $1000 dollar deductales but then only $1500.00 for the 2 of us per year, so we were given a break small if we both used it in one year--not any longer, we just each have a deductible and the deductibles have tripled as have co-pays in the last 8 years..
WE would be far better off economically if Rod did not work (I do not mean retired) I am sure.
You are being a good Momma going to the gym...and you will get some benefit as well--a win-win.

oh well..I wish you all a good day

I

________

Gremelin #394729 Jan 11th, 2017 at 12:57 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Sheri, I have one house, one garden shed, one storage/wood shed and two machine sheds by the barn, DH does the machine sheds. I use a large snow scoop that is two ft by two feet and a push shovel. It took me over 5 hrs to do my share of the roofs yesterday.

Today it is raining, what a mess out there...it switches from warm rain to freezing rain. By tonight GG will be able to skate in the driveway.

Sunflowers #394730 Jan 11th, 2017 at 01:21 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Does your DH do the barn as well??? I guess you have the smaller roofs, but still, that is a LOT. DO be safe, Sunny.

I do hate winter. esp. when it cannot make up it's mind. I hope your "precipitation" turns into only rain, Sunny. All you need is GG falling on the ice when the roads are impassable.

I have stopped for a bit but Ihave a kitchen to clean up form when I made some rice pudding. As it goes, I will get it cleaned up in time for me to make supper...

rolz Speed is not my forte`

________

Gremelin #394732 Jan 11th, 2017 at 03:44 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
She said her barn has a metal roof that sheds snow naturally. It is just her house and other outbuildings. She was wanting metal on those too.
I am also not fast moving. It takes me awhile to complete any one project.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #394734 Jan 11th, 2017 at 09:02 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks Tina---I remember that now---

When I worked at a Nursing home, the girl working with me thought I was lazy & so she watched me work all one night---so when she saw how I worked & worked until I got my work done--she told me "You make me tired" (b/c I worked so slow so it took me forever) BUT she did help me when she could form then on.

I did not sit down much today but yet I accomplished nothing I had planned to do...I make myself tired too sometimes, I take so long to do things..... rolz why

I will say "g'nite" now incase I do not comeback in. Sweet Dreams

________

JunieGirl #394735 Jan 11th, 2017 at 10:04 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OMG !! "Here comes the rain"..........Thankfully it is 56*F right now.....

________

JunieGirl #394736 Jan 12th, 2017 at 05:51 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning,......I guess. I am up WAY too early. For an hour now. I woke up as Rod was going to work & I could not go back to sleep.

I have a lot to do today, as of will be staying home tomorrow. He will be able to get to work, but not necessarily not have a safe trip home. So, he has decided to take a vacation day tomorrow.

I am off to have my coffee now--- breakfast I hope you all are sleeping...

________

Gremelin #394737 Jan 12th, 2017 at 06:00 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I have an iffy connection so I'm not hanging around much. I hope everyone is well and has a great day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #394738 Jan 12th, 2017 at 07:09 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning, Tina. Sorry for your iffy connection. Have a good day & stay safe.

________

Gremelin #394741 Jan 12th, 2017 at 11:55 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Day before yesterday I went to Belk and bought a blouse that had the sleeves rolled up and buttoned. Last night I was going to wear it to church so I unrolled the sleeves and the right cuff does not have a button hole; there is a button but no hole. So this morning I exchanged the blouse - thankfully they had one in my size. Shelley gave me a massage for Christmas so I had that today and the woman complained about the problems and woes of being a massage therapist for the entire hour. She hates her job. It was not at all relaxing. Yesterday at recess a 2nd grader wouldn't leave Colt alone. Colt said he kept pulling on his shirt. According to Colt he asked "him nicely" to stop bothering him but he didn't. Then, according to Colt, he told him to stop bothering him but he didn't. Said 2nd grader is sporting a black eye and Colt is in trouble. Ginger said when she picked Colt up after school yesterday the teacher didn't seem to upset about the whole situation but I imagine the parents can press the situation if they feel the need. Since this boy is 2 years old and way bigger than Colt they may let it go. I haven't heard from Ginger today so I don't know what's happened.

Bestofour #394743 Jan 12th, 2017 at 02:12 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well, I am glad that Cold stuck up for himself, but in this world today, sadly, that is not allowed much. It seems to me the aggressor is the one protected these days. I do so hope that the parents of the aggressive boy do let it go, but if the child is like that, then I am thinking the parents are too. I do hope that I am wrong.

I am glad that you got your blouse exchanged, Sheri. And I am so sorry that your wonderful Christmas gift was spoiled. I am so sorry for you.

________

Gremelin #394744 Jan 12th, 2017 at 05:17 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good for Colt. I bet it was not a relaxing massege, Sheri.
I guess the telephone people got here but decided it was too rainy. They are going to be back about the 24Th. I am rabid.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Gremelin #394745 Jan 12th, 2017 at 08:42 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #394746 Jan 12th, 2017 at 10:00 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OK--I KNOW I came in here I posted after Tina's post that began "Good for Colt"...I wonder what I did so that it did not post...????

anyway. Sorry the telephone people thought to not help you today. BUT I have to ask why they think it is OK to wait so long to come back....

I am headed to bed now----2 loads of clothes are washed & dried, so if things freeze the basics are clean.

I'll see you all at some point tomorrow (I hope) if the power stays on.

________

Gremelin #394747 Jan 13th, 2017 at 05:39 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all.

Happy Friday the 13th.

Sheri, you should put in a complaint at the massage place.

I am glad that Colt stood up for himself...it is the only way to stop a bully.

I had a dr appt. yesterday afternoon that was cancelled, then the dr. called again to say he could take me after all. Long story short...I finally made it to the appt that had been cancelled twice already.

I also picked up the grandkids Valentine's gifts...I love clearance items lol

Gremelin #394748 Jan 13th, 2017 at 05:59 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I love clearance items too.
I like Fri the 13th. My mom and a couple others used to throw a Knot Head Party. It was fun times.
I hope everyone has a good one.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #394749 Jan 13th, 2017 at 08:01 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning.

Tina, what is a Knot Head party ???

Sunny..crazy----but hey, now you have the appt. taken care of and you bought Valentines day. YAY for you !!! I too appreciate the clearance isle.

Rod stayed home today...I am glad of that. It is supposed to be bad icy in a few hours & then stay that way until Sunday afternoon.

I wish everyone a safe day.

________

Gremelin #394750 Jan 13th, 2017 at 09:13 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I have not heard the term Knot head party either...now I am curious.

We are getting some crazy winds at the moment....keep safe everyone with your weather as well.

Gremelin #394751 Jan 13th, 2017 at 09:27 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It was a name given by our single mothers. You'd have to be a Knot Head to celebrate a Friday the 13th. For we kids it meant sodas and chips and for the adults something stronger. We none of us could afford it very often so it was reserved for a special date that didn't come around often. I loved it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #394752 Jan 13th, 2017 at 10:22 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks for explaining the party, Tina. It sounds like it was fun. Glad your mom did that for you.

Sunny we had crazy winds a few days ago--but with it we had weather in the low 70's. now it is 28*F. perfect to freeze the rain....Glad we are in for the weekend.

________

Gremelin #394753 Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:11 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Junie, how do you make rice pudding. We eat a lot of rice and I'm always wondering what to do with the left overs.

Tina, a knot head party is a fun idea. Sorry you're rabid :)

I am still working on cleaning up my little cast iron skillet. I've tried everything I know. Can cast iron get to a point of no return?

I need help with painting or covering a window pane that already has a design painted on it. The already on design does not cover the entire pain so if I hang it on the wall the wall will be visible. I want to put some type of backdrop so the wall won't be visible. I need a way that can cover the already on design but not mess it up. Hard to explain.

Gremelin #394754 Jan 13th, 2017 at 11:21 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I forgot to mention that nothing else has been said about Colt's actions. Back in the day kids had disagreements that sometimes ended with someone being punched and the kids got over it and remained friends. Current day parents get involved and want to sue everyone but I'm hoping these parents are not that type. Maybe they're asking their child how he got punched out by a 5 year old or maybe they realize their child is a bit of a bully.

Bestofour #394755 Jan 13th, 2017 at 01:22 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
about the window pane==why not put a lace design of some kind on the back--the current design should not be hidden this way but the empty place would be...

The rice pudding is essentially a custard with cooked rice added to it and baked in a water bath. I have several recipes but if you look around the internet you will find some. I do have a quickie rice pudding recipe that you make on the stove top that is good also.

IMO since the boy is older than Colt, I would like to think that the parents of said boy are letting it go. As well they should.

________

JunieGirl #394756 Jan 13th, 2017 at 09:40 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Goodnight..sleep tight. This one is closed. see you all tomorrow in CH 2522

________

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,871
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image