#394105 Nov 3rd, 2016 at 02:51 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
OP Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I've been working for the last couple of weeks to expand on the image upload utility that I use to add pictures to the main site; I now have it so that anyone can upload images, doing away with the need to refer people to sign up at PhotoBucket just to share images on the forums.

The main part of the pictures system displays images that have been uploaded by site staff for various parts of the site (the link is on the navigation sidebar on the main site, under "Site Home"), at the bottom of the pictures system you'll see the links to View User Uploads (any time an image is uploaded, it is added to an index page of all entries), Upload a Picture, or View Your Uploads (if you're logged into the forums the system will log your user id; other options are storing your IP Address, or if you had an account on the main site it'd store your user id).

When you upload a picture it is compressed and resized (if it is larger than 1600px), and when you view an image it'll include coding to embed the image on the forums, or links to share the image. You can also upload an image directly from your cellular phone or tablet.

I'm still ultimately testing the system; an eventual goal is to have it create a thumbnail for each upload so that the View User Uploads page doesn't take a long period of time drawing the page or wasting bandwidth for mobile users.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
YAY for ease of use...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
OP Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I tried to make it fairly straight forward, lol.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Hate to be the dumbo here but I'll have to try it to see if I understand it.

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
OP Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I have also been working on an informational page for Uploading Images; let me know if there is something that seems complicated and I'll try to decomplicate it :).

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Thanks James.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Gremelin
I have also been working on an informational page for Uploading Images; let me know if there is something that seems complicated and I'll try to decomplicate it :).

yes simple would be great.....VERY simple please...The words not necessarily the procedure.

Last edited by JunieGirl; Nov 4th, 2016 at 06:21 AM.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,813
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image