Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#392199 Apr 22nd, 2016 at 04:12 AM
OP Offline
IM new too gardening, me and wife started this year for hobby. We planted 10 citris trees and tring to learn all we can. I tilled 6 foot areas and planted them all about 2 weeks ago. There about inch high out of the ground and the base cleared of everything there all mulched about 5 inchs of red bark. I osmicoate fertilized them since im new not sure how it slow release last 6 months. Tilled it in a cap full instructuin said that would be 2 square feet sounds about right. We live in zone 8a/b louisiana I think all these trees do well here.

With watering I basically stick my finger in ground feels dry then soak them they all have 4 inch basic around the root ball. Ive read alot on watering them all seems to be how tree responds so pretty much just have to learn what they need I guess.

Any advise would be much appreciated I.m learning all just scrolling the garding forums theres so much to learn.
Here the all areea most of them shinny and plush looking.
[Linked Image]

So here some pictures of the white dead looking leaves. You can see some shinny some have this white stuff..
This ones blood orange.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This trr ponderosa lemon ALL leaves look like this with white stuff
[Linked Image]

I have 0 experince with plants so this could be normal thing this white stuff some kinda dust pesticle soap water residue?

Last edited by maximus297759; Apr 22nd, 2016 at 04:58 AM.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome maximus.
It looks to be powdery mildew to me. A cure for that is to spray them with soda water. Just soda like a drink mixer. Or you can add about a tablespoon of baking soda to a quart of water and spray that on it.
I would also recommend leaving a couple inches between the mulch and the trunk of the trees. They shouldn't touch.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image