Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good afternoon....Here is a new one, all ready for us to fill.

Somehow I was 1 number off in the old one--oh well--

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good afternoon. Stumbled home from picking Teddy up from school and collapsed into a nap. A short one, but oh so good. I am good until bedtime comes around.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I'm trying to figure out why the event notice is set to veterans day; it's SUPPOSED to be a Daylight Savings notice...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
and thing was, it WAS a daylight savings notice, before this evening..(as I remember)..and a nice one at that!!!

________

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, so I disabled it for the time being; super confused on why it wasn't working correctly, still reading it and nothing...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I fixed it, that was a fun adventure... Seems the method I was using to check the date didn't like the day number to have a 0 before it (like one would generally write in coding for a single digit); everything should be working as anticipated now (not to make a note, lol).

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I'm way too early today. But that's ok. I have the week's worth of laundry to get done and I need to do a Home Depot run today. There is plenty to do on this weekend and getting ready for the rains next week. I hope everyone has a good Halloween.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning from IL.
I too have been up way too long. (almost an hour now)

James, bless you for all of your late night work. The forums are as they should be now--YAY !!!

Last night, Rod removed the 2nd VCR, that finally died & put in the last spare that I had for me. It was a pain to learn how to program.
I swear that TPTB on the electronic stuff try to see how complicated they can make items when they come up with the next model.
Sad thing is I set the clock manually. Now we will see if I have to figure out how to set it all over again tomorrow, or if it will reset itself.
James, did the time change, change before or after 2000 ?? (that is when this last VCR of mine was manufactured.)

IF it does not rain, I am going to a craft fair today. I always miss this one, so luckily I remembered to see when it was this year. I look at it as the official start to my Christmas Shopping for the year. (mind you I have already been buying things)

I wish everyone a great day.

________

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
The mall changed their hours for Halloween this year again; 2pm-4pm this year, last year was 4pm-6pm, then the year prior and all through history it was 5p-7p. Next thing you know it'll be 10am lol.

Carol, the last time they updated DST info was after 2000; I think within the last 10 years. What I always find fun is that some states don't follow DST, not just farmers or Amish. Makes the stuff we're updating for the new version of the bulletin board software "interesting" lol.

-edit-
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Start and end dates vary with location and year. Since 1996 European Summer Time has been observed from the last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October; previously the rules were not uniform across the European Union.[39] Starting in 2007, most of the United States and Canada observe DST from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November, almost two-thirds of the year.[42] The 2007 US change was part of the Energy Policy Act of 2005; previously, from 1987 through 2006, the start and end dates were the first Sunday in April and the last Sunday in October, and Congress retains the right to go back to the previous dates now that an energy-consumption study has been done.[43]

I guess 2007.

Last edited by Gremelin; Oct 31st, 2015 at 04:21 AM.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks, James. That seems a lot of trouble for me to ask you to go thru when all I am trying to do is get out or changing the time on my VCR tomorrow....LOL (sorry) But I guess we can hope that I do not have to. It was a real challenge to do, I can tell you that....I cannot imagine the trouble I will have when I want to actually "WATCH" whatever it is that I recorded.

I did not go to the Craft fair today. I am going to try to go tomorrow. That will be hard as it closes at 3pm (I think)

Today when I went to the Grocery, ALL the check out clerks had on Halloween costumes. It was so very cute !!

I hope you all have a Happy Halloween, James.

And A Happy Halloween to everyone else as well. wavy

Last edited by JunieGirl; Oct 31st, 2015 at 05:40 AM.

________

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Yes, Happy Halloween to you all as well; we did the mall and it was chaos, we're about to do the neighborhood in a huge rainstorm... lol

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad I am beyond having kidlets to take out. Happy Halloween to all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I waited about as long as I could but I am needing to go to bed soon. Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I wish I was still taking out small ones.

Rod even mentioned how he wished more kids were coming to the house because he knew how much I enjoyed it.
(not Halloween necessarily but seeing the kids dressed & them enjoying it.)

The kids (well the girls mainly, but yes, some boys too) that came here were very nice & thanked me & wished me to have a nice night.
I was very impressed.

One sad note was that my nephew called my cell so they could bring their costumed 9-1/2 month old little girl by to see us. Well, my phone decided to not ring so they said call back & then they were not answering their phones...so no little babies for me tonight.

I WILL say that both my daughters sent me photos of the boys as PM's on FB, so I at least got to see them in their costumes.

Happy Halloween everyone !! My mantle is now all decorated for Thanksgiving.

Luke & Micah are coming by tomorrow after church. shewinks

G'nite & sweet Dreams to you all !!!

________

Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Aww, if you guys where closer I'd have brought Trey by... An app I use for the neighborhood (nextdoor.com) a lot of people said that they wanted the trick or treaters, and it was super rainy out so not many people where going door to door, so I made sure that we visited those folks where we could.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I feel wonky with the time change. At least I have the day to adjust.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, we lost power the day before and all our services went haywire. Yesterday between getting caught up from the day before...taking the grands out while DH was here to give out treats and other things I did not get a chance to drop in.

We had 26 kids visit this year and grandgirl had fun...too much fun in fact. At 3 a.m. this morning we were all up for hours while there was a major clean up from 'too much candy syndrome'....I am still washing bedding and everything else that seen the 'puke fest'.

I am glad everyone had a good day.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh ick, Sunny. I am sorry. I've never had a kid who had too much candy but I'm sure it's not pleasant for anyone involved. I hope she recovers.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yuk, Sunny. So sorry for your GG. I hope today brought her feeling better.

Thanks James for the kind words. I so appreciate it very much. AND I am glad you took Trey where you could. I am sure he will remember you doing that for a LONG time to come.

My 3 yr old grandson went trick or treating with his 1 yr old brother. When people gave him candy, he made sure to mention that the people "should give him 2 of whatever so he could share with his brother." What I want to know is will Luke even get his candy, never mind the candy people gave him for his baby brother. lol teach

Tina, the time change did a number on me as well. I am hoping I get used to it soon.

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I don't like this time change. I hate it being dark at 5:00.

Your grandson is smart. I'll take 2.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
about my grandson, you would think so, but no, he was being honest.
The reason I know is, his Mom will not let him have much of his candy at all. He is not allowed to eat much sugar if any at all.

Otherwise I agree the boy was smart----I think he was actually feeling sorry for himself & his brother & thought since he was being taken out to trick or treat, he would get all the candy he got given. I sincerely do not think he will.

Going to bed soon..nite nite.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
When I was young and not yet a parent, I used to watch what other parents did around me. Some of my hippie friends did not give their kids any sweets. I remember one 3 year old getting a lollipop for the first time. He wasn't happy. He turned around and gave his mother the dirtiest look and said something about never having something so good before. And asked her why.
I decided that sweets would be one of the options my kids would have. I always kept a bowl of M&Ms or something on my coffee table and my kids didn't have to ask. And they rarely indulged because it was common. And usually in the evenings on their own.
Sweet dreams all. I hope you had a good time with your grandson's today, Carol.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH, I agree with you, Tina. 100%
My DD always says she is not being mean but that it is Luke's body--said he wakes in pain, if he eats sugar---well he may have-

--but when his other grandmother & I were watching him, I know for a fact that he ate a Little Debbie brownie. ALL of it.
he did not get wild like some children do on sugar. he did not stay up all night from the caffeine. and he at a LOT of meat(something else she says he will not do)
Luke's only hope is that his dad sneaks food when he is out--so I am thinking when the boys are older & will keep their mouth shut, he will make sure they get to eat treats.

and the other day Luke sneakily took a baby food packet from his brother & ate it. Now his brother was not eating it, and I am sure Luke was hungry, but still the boy was sneaky about it..and that worries me. And soon I will be 2000 miles away from him.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I agree Junie, there is nothing wrong with feeding your children healthier...it is admirable. But not allowing treats will make them 'sneak eaters'...I do hope your DD lessens the reins as they get older.

Tina, it does seem that leaving that bowl of candy out deters them from wanting treats all the time.

I have an appointment today so I will be running errands on the same trip.

Have a great day all.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am happy Monday rolled around again. I hope it is a day good for everyone. It is not raining yet. But on it's way.
Enjoy your errands, Sunny.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks for saying so Sunny. Have a good & safe trip today.

I am going to try to have a long talk with Luke about food in the next few days. I just hope he is old enough to remember it.

yes, Monday's are good. I myself have to finish getting ready for my in-laws coming to stay here tonight. They pop in & visit with Marie (his & Rod's mom). issue edicts & go on their merry way. Oh well, at least they are coming for a bit.

Another beautiful day here. Wish I had the time to go work outside.

________

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I just made a chocolate pie from scratch. It was horribly sweet & not very chocolatey. why

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am sorry, Carol. I hate when a recipe doesn't work out.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks, Tina, I do so wish that I knew what I did wrong. (If I did in fact do something wrong I mean) I will say it was better when it was very cold. Like 7 hours later.

I am headed to bed now, so sweet dreams to you all. nite nite.

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning...my appt was cancelled yesterday.

Today we are supposed to get freezing rain turning to snow. Just an inch or two but enough to make the roads slick. DH started back to work yesterday as well.

My chest is sore from all the coughing and such....this 'bug' will just not let up even with the use of two puffers.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am sorry you can't shake this cough, Sunny. And the weather is not helpful. But I am thrilled to hear your husband is back to work.
Happy Tuesday. It is a wet one here which is a blessing. I will take my kid to school if my road is not flooded. It was an interesting rain and going to be much shorter than called for originally.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning. And a happy Tuesday to you all as well.

Sorry your appt. was cancelled, Sunny. MORE sorry for the bad weather. BUT glad that your DH is back to work. From the sounds of it, not a day too soon. Glad that TPTB had some sense in that department.

It is foggy here, Tina. I would rather the rain for sure. I hope you get a bit more.

I hope to go top ceramics soon.

I wish everyone a good day. wavy

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Oh goody! Ceramics. I had thought about how sorry it was that you should miss it for the in-laws visit. I am glad you didn't.
I dashed off to pick up Teddy early due to rain. In town was sunny and puffy clouds. But up here it was black clouds and sprinkling. I'm waiting for the deluge.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I got to ceramics in enough time to find out everyone was leaving early. BUT I did get to paint a bit and go to lunch with them.

Thanks for thinking of me, Tina. I appreciate it very much.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you got a little ceramics in and lunch, Carol. Are your in-laws still hanging around?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
No they are not.
They got into town Monday morning, visited with Marie 2 times Monday.
Then woke up Tuesday, ate Breakfast with me, & went to see Marie & then left her in time to get lunch with my SIL's sister. Then they are on their way to Minnesota. SIL has family there.

Gee I am tired. This time change has done a number on me.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
The time change has done a number on me more than in years prior. I'm getting ready for bed soon. Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G'nite Tina................G'nite everyone.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It's cold today. I'm going to cook something to warm up the house. I just have to decide what. I also have to check out the yard damge from the rains when it gets light out.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning, I hope the damage was minimal Tina.

Rest up Junie.

Yesterday I had no water, we thought the capacitor blew so we put in another...nope, no water again. The plumber is here right now....apparently the submersible pump has blown.
Just what I needed to hear. That's a bill I'd rather not see right now as DH will get a one week pay in the next 5 weeks. (They work three weeks, get a one week pay then have to work another two weeks to get a pay again.)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image