Rate Thread
#388830 Jul 6th, 2015 at 12:54 PM
Wild Willow
500 Posts
OP Offline
Wild Willow
500 Posts
(I wasn't sure where to put this)

I bought several packs of Miracle Gro plant identifier stakes, plastic. I marked them with permanent marker. And it's gone. :( I had planted many re-order stuff from Michigan Bulb in containers to get it going.. and now I have no idea what is what. I've got stuff growing that I'm not sure if it's weeds or plants. Eesh! why

I did some googling, (I love Google) and found a neat list of ideas, but I thought I'd ask here too.. to see if any of you have any brilliant ideas for me. teach

Thanks all!!

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Pencil lasts the longest but few things last longer than a season. If you put a layer of clear coat it will last longer before it flakes off.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I use whatever is handy...I've used paint stir sticks, cut up cedar shingles and even tongue depressors. I like using wood and a permanent marker.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I use permanent marker on popsicle sticks. I have bought plant markers that come with their own pernament marker though.

What I also do is I have a "gardening book" (read a spiral bound notebook like kids use in school) For outdoor gardens, I draw a schematic and then I put circles with numbers in them on the drawing. then I label the numbers in a line u nder the drawing on the same page. I have one for every year.

Then I sometimes write if I liked how a certain plant did & put other little notes on this book.
For pots...I would write on each pot or put pieces of masking tape (or some other kind) and label each pot.

OR as it is inside, you could use the plant markers or popsicle sticks in each pot. the rain or bad weather will not mess with them since they are inside.

as far as where this should have gone---I might have put it in the gardening tools forum--but this is good too, so we will leave it.....people already know it is here after all.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
My mother takes the seed package, fills it with rocks then then ties it in a plastic back at the start of every row.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
At a plant shop I bought some really long skewer things that have wooden handles that I've used for 3 years now. I used permanent marker on the wood and it has stayed.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image