Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
willyen Offline OP
OP Offline
About a month and a half ago I purchased a 3/4 foot tall fiddle leaf fig tree. It's actually two fiddles that are side by side in one pot. Both plants were happy and healthy when I brought them home. They sit inside in my apartment near two very large south-facing windows and get good light but not too much direct light. I've been rotating the pot every few weeks to ensure each side gets equal light and doesn't start to grow crooked.

Within the past month or so, one of the trees has thrived (the left side) while the other tree (right side) has incredibly droopy leaves that have begun to drop. The leaves on the right tree seem to be getting droopier by the day. A few photos of the tree and the dropped leaves are below.

Any idea why one of the trees seems to be totally healthy and the other is so droopy? I've been particularly careful not to overwater - giving it one healthy sized can of water once a week.

Any advice and help much appreciated! I really don't want to lose my one tree :(

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well right off the bat, especially since one is doing well & one is not, I would repot them so that they both have their own pot. If you go that route, clean off the dirt from the roots of the sick tree & look at it for infestation. when you are done studying it, spray off the roots with room temperature water to make sure the roots are clean & clear. Repot with new soil for both.

hopefully someone who has owned/does own Fig trees will come along with some more exacting advice.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Your pics are not showing...you need to use a picture site to copy and paste. I use photobucket.

I had the same thing happen with an umbrella plant. I just cut the ailing plant off at the base and crossed my fingers that it wasn't an infestation as Junie explained to you.

BTW: I have never owned a fig tree either.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
I have one online friend who doesn't have to use a copy paste site to put photos on a forum .Did you everhear of that one?
ever hear of rocket.com or rocket.net

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image