Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Dave074 Offline OP
OP Offline
I planted many cuttings in three different jars filled with water two are of glass and one is plastic and all are transparent. I use drinking water and change it every two days. Two cuttings have started growing white branched roots. I put all three jars for about two hours in sun. Actually the sunlight comes after being filtered from wire net used to stop mosquitoes on doors. I didn't use any fertilizer till now.

I need suggestion is there any home made fertilizer which I can add in water and I plan to keep them planted in water all the time. I don't want to spend any money on fertilizer.

I read on some sites about adding boiled potato and tomato water to soil, but is it ok for water plants also.
Or they do not need fertilizer as some people told me.
And please don't suggest Miracle grow as it is not available here in India and I don't have any money to spend as I am an unemployed student (Preparing for job).

Don't sweat fertilizing the pothos until you are ready to pot it up.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
about fertilizing a Pothos.
Pothos aren"t heavy feeders, but since there are no nutrients in most potting soils, you could feed monthly to bi-monthly, with any balanced houseplant fertilizer.
I use a liquid fertilizer---I use both a 8-7-6 and a 10-15-10 that one can add to water when watering, and then use it at half strength.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,856
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image