#386518 Feb 27th, 2015 at 09:27 PM
dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Any one know a lot about ebay selling?
I was told some lady goes to the $2.00 store buys stuff cheaply an sells them on ebay an make like $600. amonth. Is that possible?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #386521 Feb 27th, 2015 at 10:32 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
I buy on e-bay a lot. I will say that some people on there take advantage of people. The photo looks like what you are buying is very nice, but when you receive it, it is just junk.
when I find I have dealt with a person who sells like that I do not do any more business with that person.

I guess since the world is so big, it could be possible that people do make that kind of money, but you must remember, e-bay gets a cut of whatever you make as a seller. I do not know if it is a percentage or if it is a set amount, but e-bay does charge a fee, so if you say sell something for $10.00, you do not make a $10.00 profit.

Perhaps someone will come along that does sell on e-bay, and perhaps they will be able to give you a better answer.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
dodge #386523 Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:12 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I haven't heard good things about it also...I guess it's a buyer beware situation.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
dodge #386525 Feb 27th, 2015 at 11:19 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't buy from ebay. I have never been comfortable with it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #386531 Feb 28th, 2015 at 11:40 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
I buy on e-bay a lot. I will say that some people on there take advantage of people. The photo looks like what you are buying is very nice, but when you receive it, it is just junk.
when I find I have dealt with a person who sells like that I do not do any more business with that person.
I've had this happen, in part because they use stock images of brand new stuff and list things as lightly used; quite annoying.

Originally Posted by JunieGirl
I guess since the world is so big, it could be possible that people do make that kind of money, but you must remember, e-bay gets a cut of whatever you make as a seller. I do not know if it is a percentage or if it is a set amount, but e-bay does charge a fee, so if you say sell something for $10.00, you do not make a $10.00 profit.
Yeah, I've heard of some people making SOME money, but from the $2 store I dunno, maybe if you got a bunch of those solar things, they fly off of the shelves here, if you're not there DAY ONE you're not getting any.

I've personally sold on EBay, but their fees aren't that nice.

Originally Posted by Tina
I don't buy from ebay. I have never been comfortable with it.
If you pay through PayPal you don't really have to worry about anything, if you get ripped off they are really good at just refunding your purchase.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #386535 Feb 28th, 2015 at 12:57 PM
dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Thanks all, I never did ebay at all, but a long time ago I signed in there just to look.
Some how, a person sent me a bill for some kind of lights for a motorcycle??? I didn't even know how to bid, yet alone buy that.
I got off there quick.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #386536 Feb 28th, 2015 at 01:01 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
A man in our church was laid off from his job several years ago and now makes his living selling on Ebay. He buys at yard sales, second hand shops, Salvation Army stores and places like that, cleans things up, takes pictures, posts them on Ebay. Says he makes on the average $2,000.00 a month. He works at it every day - shopping, cleaning, ironing if needed, polishing - whatever it takes, posting on Ebay - packing up and shipping. He does up the price from what he originally paid but I've never known him to deliberately cheat anyone. His stuff is advertised as "used" or "second hand" if that's the case. I think he'd get in trouble with Ebay if customers complained. A person has to work it like a 40 hours a week job to make it work. He has to be on top of his account.

I do think sometimes the auctions are rigged with the seller making bids on their own merchandise in the hopes someone will bid higher.

Bestofour #386619 Mar 5th, 2015 at 03:23 AM
dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
He is lucky I say.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bestofour #386623 Mar 5th, 2015 at 05:57 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour

I do think sometimes the auctions are rigged with the seller making bids on their own merchandise in the hopes someone will bid higher.

Yes...I think often when a seller sends a person a "second chance" to get an auction that is what happened, and then no one else bid past the fake bid. My sister witnessed a friend of hers bidding on a auction for another friend just to bid up the price. As result, I decide before hand just how high I am willing to go when I bid on something, so I do not ever get carried away with "winning" something.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image