Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#385858 Jan 15th, 2015 at 03:25 PM
kurtis Offline OP
OP Offline
Good evening,
My son and I are new to growing plants and have come quickly addicted. We have been doing lots of reading on each plant we get and caring for them the best to our abilities. Becoming a member to a forum such as this just seems perfect. I'm sure this will quickly become or go to place for advice and knowledge. At the moment I can think of many questions to ask however there is one I need to address right away. Of our 5 houseplants all are doing great except our false aralia. All the leaves are gone and there is just stem left. I don't feel we have one watered or not watered enough and the plant was not in direct sunlight. Not sure what to do to try and save this little guy. Was thinking about cutting it all back but not sure if this is right or wrong or how far to take the clippings. I can send a picture of the plant to someone if needed as I don't see anywhere to add a picture to this post. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

kurtis #385859 Jan 15th, 2015 at 09:04 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi and welcome. flwr

It is easy to get addicted to gardening...we have all been bitten by the bug. Here is a link that might help you with your False Aralia

www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/361796/False+Aralia.html

We post pics by using a host site. I personally use photobucket.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
Sunflowers #385862 Jan 16th, 2015 at 12:02 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
welcome to the site.

WE will all help you to the best of our abilities.
Sunflowers gave you a good link, and possibly someone else will come by who has some good advice as well. I myself used to grow False Aralia, but they always died on me....so I will be watching this thread closely.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
kurtis #385878 Jan 16th, 2015 at 11:43 PM
10k Posts
10k Posts
Leaf drop on False Aralias is almost always the result of insufficient humidity. Regular misting will help, as well as keeping the pot on a tray of moist pebbles. If the root system is healthy, your plant may comeback to life if you cut it back hard. False Aralias can be propagated with softwood cuttings taken from healthy tips.

kurtis #385887 Jan 17th, 2015 at 09:35 AM
kurtis Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you for all the advice. I have cut it back drastically and also have increased the setting on my humidifier to 47%. Hopefully it comes back to good health.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image