Rate Thread
#384806 Nov 7th, 2014 at 03:52 PM
dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Is everyone having Turkey for thanksgiving?

Guess I will go eat some at my sisters house.. She is a widow also an likes my company.LOL

I just went with her to 12 therapys for the legs. Now done. Got a free lunch each time.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
WE are having Turkey at my youngest Daughter's house this year.
Then the next Saturday (29th) we are having a "Dudley" Thanksgiving". This is where all the members of my Dad's family will get together and we will have an Italian dish. This year it will be Lasagna & Salad.

This tradition began one year when my DD was going to be gone to Japan to see her then Boyfriend, to get engaged, and my Niece who was just newly married, was going to her in-laws for on Thanksgiving proper. We had it that year the weekend before. Now it is usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving. There are so many of us now that this works well.

This year my nephew is hosting it as he and his wife just moved into a new/different house.

Last edited by JunieGirl; Nov 9th, 2014 at 04:40 AM.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Ginger and her family are coming and we will be eating Thanksgiving lunch, dinner, whatever it's called around 2:00 at my mothers. Only 1 of my sisters along with her family will be there. The rest are going in other directions.

dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
HOW SWEET CAROL
Keeps you on your toes for sure.

I have 2 invites, but will probably go to my sis house , as son an family need to be at the inlaws, being folks travel far to come there. I prefer simplicity..

However the idea is the same.. Sis wont let me bring a dish, last year she had 25 separate dishes to eat.. She love to go over board..
So I go an help. Only about 8 or 12 of us. Fine with me.. Its in my Jeans.. LOL Blue jeans. clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yes it does.
I will wear something like Leggings as they will let me move more freely. and when a 2 yr. old is in the mix moving easily is best.
I have offered to make whatever Emily wants/needs me to make. So we shall see.
It is very nice of you to help your sister Barb.

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

We will be doing it at our house this year.. got my turkey for free.. with 100 dollars worth of groceries.. son's family will be here and oldest dd and her hubby... so only 10 of us- don't know if I know how to cook for only 10 LOL!

Been a long day today- cleaned bathrooms, kitchen, started second blanket... did some laundry.... now it's almost time for my pillows.... have to be at Carrie's early tomorrow... supposed to get cold and snow tomorrow... or at least be really cold... so not ready for this....

Have a good sleep all... night..
Nana

[Linked Image]
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I haven't really given much thought to it, both kiddo's will be at their respective mothers' homes for Thanksgiving (but I'll have them on Christmas); I imagine I'll cook way more food than necessary and end up watching a lot of movies at some point.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
personally I think Trading Thanksgiving for Christmas was a very good move. thumbup As far as cooking way too much food goes, just think of all the meals that will be already prepared.

a bit of advice if you do not already do it. Make Turkey soup out of the turkey carcus. Even if you think there is not enough meat.
1) trust me there always is plenty of meat that you do not notice. &
2) the flavor is wonderful.
Just pretend you are making chicken soup & use the turkey carcus instead. There may well even be a recipe down in our own recipe thread. If there is it is likely mine.

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

It is snowing... not a lot but it's coming down and it is cold!

We did school today and an experiment with a hard boiled egg in a cup of vinegar to demonstrate what pollution does to a eggs in nature.. it's not pretty..

Joe has his appt with the dermatologist tomorrow.. mine was last week- one more mole gone... haven't had results from biopsy yet... will ask them tomorrow if they got them.

Well going to go take a hot bath and try to stay awake for a while- didn't sleep very well last night so going to bed early tonit.... Have a good evening all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
dodge Offline OP
Hot Rod
20k Posts
OP Offline
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Thanks Carol,
Soup is so good nowadays .. Especially when its snowing.

None yet here. You can keep it Nana.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
personally I think Trading Thanksgiving for Christmas was a very good move. thumbup As far as cooking way too much food goes, just think of all the meals that will be already prepared.

Originally Posted by JunieGirl
a bit of advice if you do not already do it. Make Turkey soup out of the turkey carcus. Even if you think there is not enough meat.
1) trust me there always is plenty of meat that you do not notice. &
2) the flavor is wonderful.
Just pretend you are making chicken soup & use the turkey carcus instead. There may well even be a recipe down in our own recipe thread. If there is it is likely mine.
Yeah, I like to roast the carcus then boil the bones.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
WE all jumped on the Christmas band-wagon, but I was wondering about Thanksgivng preparations.
Well, those in Canada have already had their Turkey day, but we here in the USA still have to have it yet.

I guess we will just stay at home here by ourselves. I am thinking a turkey Breast & a small amount of dressing if I can manage it and mashed potaotes.

A cake for the DH & a pie for me.

________

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Ginger, Colt, and Christopher are coming here for Thanksgiving. Shelley will go to her in laws. We don't like turkey so I'll cook Johnny, Christopher, and myself a filet and Ginger lasagna. Colt will eat a hotdog or mac & cheese.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image