#384147 Sep 27th, 2014 at 09:54 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope I got the right number.
Good morning. A fresh coffee house to begin a new week.
Fall has teased us with some cooler weather. I am wearing sweatshirts and enjoying it. But we are to get triple digits again next weekend. It is not time to pull out the long underwear yet.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #384149 Sep 28th, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

Good Morning !! wavy

yep, that is the right number !!

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Tina #384150 Sep 28th, 2014 at 06:44 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Well, we got our baths/showers in early today. It never even reached 70* and I don't want to light a fire. So wet stuff is best done with the house at its warmest with the dryer running a load of bedding. So basically Ted and I are ready for school tomorrow.
I have lots of dinner options. None of them sound very good to me right now. I will probably have cottage cheese and some crackers with vegetables. That is my lazy night go to most times.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384151 Sep 28th, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Have you ever tried cut up avocado in cottage cheese with coarse black pepper, Tina ?/ IMO that is the best. and to go with warm gazpacho. I am sad the specialty grocery I go to sometimes has stopped carrying it. rspb it was made by Campbells.

________

Tina #384156 Sep 28th, 2014 at 09:19 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
Carol, I used to love avocados. We have trees all around us. One time I ate too many avocados and got really sick. Since then, I have not been able to eat them much. That is too bad because they are so good for you. But I am surrounded by other healthy fruits and vegetables. So I am good.
I really prefer my cottage cheese plain.
I woke with either a cold or allergies kicking in. I may just stick to home today to see what is what.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384157 Sep 29th, 2014 at 01:26 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
sorry to hear that, but I am glad you brought up cottage cheese, it made me remember that I loved that combination. So thanks.

________

Tina #384162 Sep 29th, 2014 at 06:21 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I'm all caught up on the coffeehouse's...and hopefully never need to do the 'Goth theme' lol

We had a few nice days and I really kicked some Fall prep butt haha

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Tina #384164 Sep 29th, 2014 at 06:58 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Getting ahead is great, Sunny. And it is nice to see your shining smile in here to visit.
The goth was actually easy because I didn't have to do much. It was mostly Jonni's thing at that age. I did help paint one wall of the tree house black and we put red lightning bolts on it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384165 Sep 29th, 2014 at 08:26 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina

The goth was actually easy because I didn't have to do much. It was mostly Jonni's thing at that age. I did help paint one wall of the tree house black and we put red lightning bolts on it.

Yea, Emily thought all the walls of her bedroom should be black back in the day. I was going to let her, after all it would of just been paint, but her daddy said "ABSOLUTELY NOT", so I avoided that one, thank goodness.

The season opener of "Castle" is on tonight--I cannot wait. shewinks

________

JunieGirl #384167 Sep 29th, 2014 at 01:21 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
New Big Bang Theory and the season premiere of Castle watched.
I am soon off to bed. g'nite everyone. Sweet Dreams everyone wavy

________

Tina #384168 Sep 29th, 2014 at 09:39 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I am looking forward to Tuesday. The rest of the week id to gt warmer and warmer until we end up in triple digits again over the weekend. Not looking forward to that so much. It will probably be the last of the summer though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384169 Sep 30th, 2014 at 09:08 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well, I got to go to ceramics today and then I went to the Drs for my check-up. That was not a pleasant trip. But hey, I got to go to ceramics, right ???

we have had temps in the high 80's (like 87 to 89) it will end in the next few days they say.. egad

________

Tina #384170 Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you got to ceramics. I hope the doctor was just unpleasant and not actually bad?
Today reached 81* and tomorrow is supposed to be 10 degrees higher.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384171 Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
The DR was very nice. he usually is.
The problem is that I am on a Statin & my serum glucose was at 127.
125 & over is an indication of Diabetes. So I am officially a diabetic.
BUT as I am doing all that "THEY" would have me do already b/c of the heart attack, he sent me on my way told me to stay away from "added sugar" & to try to lose 10 pounds. why

89 here today, hopefully as nice tomorrow so I can get some yard work done before it gets colder.

My nephew is coming over tomorrow to bid his farewells, as in a few weeks he is going into some branch of the service or the other.
He father is livid as he just went & signed up without talking to his him. Mind you, he has been talking about doing this for years, is well over 21 and a college graduate. (U of I with a degree in linguistics and something else)
But still. his cousin's husband has a Colonel for a brother and my SIL has around 7 years in the Navy behind his belt, is a CPO in the Navy reserves & a federal employee and knows a few "right people" & either one could have directed him, but oh well, it is done.

Valarie says that really in his field the military is the way for him to go and also since he has a degree, no one much thinks he will be turned into a foot soldier. We can hope this is so.

I am tired, so I am soon to bed. G'nite everyone.

________

Tina #384172 Sep 30th, 2014 at 01:24 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It sounds like a good future for your nephew. At this point he just needs support and prayers.
Sweet dreams, Carol. My turn.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384173 Sep 30th, 2014 at 09:09 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I was up early today. So I got lots of the monthly paperwork begun. Happy first to all.
I am hoping to hear from Nana soon. It has been too long and she was not feeling well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384174 Sep 30th, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Hi Tina and all,

Nana here and accounted for... still fighting cough... but feel better... been keeping busy too, helping boys with school stuff and doing some fall cleaning up.. cleaned out my pantry closet... got Joe to clean out some of the basement clutter... that stuff seems to just multiply... but really do we need toys that our kids played with and the grands have outgrown too? finally convinced him to donate so kids who are the right age can enjoy them... ...

I will have boys again today... but bring them here... do workbook work with Nicoli and help Derek write an essay on Martin Luther King... and they are agreeing to put boys on 504 plans ... that will help a lot ..

Well off to get bills paid and my breakfast- then it will be time to go get boys and start teaching ... I should have my degree by now I think...LOL!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #384175 Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:37 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning. Hi everyone. Nana, I hope that you are feeling better each day. kissie

Rod & I got some paperwork done this AM. Just waiting to see my nephew now.

________

Tina #384176 Oct 1st, 2014 at 01:16 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It sounds like everyone is doing paperwork today. I went to 2 banks after taking Ted to school. And stopped by one office to discuss billing. I am so grateful that I can pay my bills though. There have been tougher times in my life.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384177 Oct 1st, 2014 at 02:22 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,,

We just finished Language Arts.. 15 min break before Science time... so far so good... he is still awake... always easier when he is really awake..

I am feeling some better - just wish cough would go away.. never got my paperwork done..it will get done this afternoon I hope... we have to do an experiment with pea seeds if we can find some ... wish they had told us earlier we needed them for this- don't know if the stores will have any...

Well off to do some science!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #384178 Oct 1st, 2014 at 04:50 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
If it can use something besides peas, Nana, then lentils may work.
I am home for the day and early. Ready for a nap.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384179 Oct 1st, 2014 at 05:04 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all...take care of yourself Carol. Stress can also raise sugar levels. They thought I had diabetes when I was in the hospital from the readings as well. The levels dropped when my stress levels dropped.

Tina, yes it's a great feeling to have the money to pay bills...I remember a time when it was such a hard 'go of it'.

Take it easy as well Nana..you are ever so busy.

I got my sheds cleaned and my potatoes dug. Windows are washed outside and supper is in the oven...a very productive day.

Tina #384180 Oct 1st, 2014 at 05:42 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Believe me I am taking it easy- was a small school day for us so got done quickly .. and good news is he is staying awake.... has his days and nights mixed up and it is so hard to get them both "right" again... so far so good today... trying to convince Derek to go to Sam's with us but he is not going for it so it will happen tomorrow most likely...
I thought of lentils or beans to use for the experiment... seems to be that must be what the preschool used for the bean plants the kids grew then.... I have some in the basement food storage so will give some to Carrie and hope they work...

I agree it is a good thing to be able to pay the bills ... not always been and easy thing for us too , still have to save up for what we want as opposed to need but as long and there is enough for both it is a good thing...

well it is getting g colder as I type now- Joe will go pick up Timothy, it is starting to rain- they said it might turn to snow tonit.. mtns are getting snow already.... I think winter has arrived... they snow machines are going to start this week for the ski runs too... that will make a lot of people happy.... crazy weather- ... 2 days ago it was in the 80's...

Well off to finally do my paperwork...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Tina #384181 Oct 1st, 2014 at 06:30 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Last weekend it was sweatshirt weather. This coming weekend, it is back to tripe digits. But I will try to enjoy it while I can because it will not last long.
I tried to nap. But it didn't take. So
I will just rest a bit more and then begin dinner stuff

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384182 Oct 1st, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Today was the last nice day, for some time, or so the weather people say.

about $$. We were far better off 8 years ago then now. Rod made twice as much then as now. But the company he worked for moved down south someplace & left about 500 men w/o a job. why
Do not get me wrong, I am thankful Rod found a job, as I could not get hired myself, but I do miss the days of not worrying.

I watched Luke today. His Mommy says she will be induced on Monday. But then that is her due date.

________

Tina #384183 Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Oh well good they will induce her on her due date- when I was late with my son the doc refused to do it... he was due Christmas day.. his birthday is Jan 13... was so very tired of being preggers by then..... hope all goes well , will be praying and waiting to see when you are grandma again....

I am sitting here with a heated throw over me and the heat on in here too... it is snowing in the mountains... but not even rain down here... not so far tonit anyway...

Finally got my paperwork done.. will do the shopping tomorrow and then Fri take my oldest out for her birthday meal,,, late but better than never, she is working a temp job at the moment - ever since she quit her job to take care of her hubby while he was doing chemo she can't find another job... and to top it off right now- her insurance company is refusing to pay for the dose of meds she needs ,, she is on an anti-depressant at the highest dose and they decided she doesn't need it as doc has prescribed and won't pay for it unless they can lower the milligrams per dose.. doc's office is appealing it for her but suggested she pay the difference to stay on the meds,,, you can't just stop taking antidepressents.. it's dangerous... hopefully they will accept the appeal and let her have her meds or doc can and will prescribe a new med that works that they will pay for.... insurance companies should not be allowed to do this at all... they are not docs and don't have medical histories ... just makes me very angry- if she can't get her meds I will pay difference- last time she was off her meds for very long she became suicidal, it's not an optional thing for her...

Well off to bed soon ... have a good evening all ... Nite

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #384184 Oct 1st, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am surprised they have no induced her already. She had a very hard time having her first child, & for a short period he had a problem. Luckily for them both it ended well. They said the beginning of August they would let her go early as long as she could hold on until the end of August...well this is a month later.. uhuhh

I hope your daughter gets her meds. That is just wrong. Insurance Companies are the worst. There is a reason why Drs. have to go thru so much schooling. I have not ever understood how a man sitting at a desk gets to decided how I am treated.

They would not let my DH get a scan he needed. Insurance companies make me mad to say the least.

G'nite everyone. Sweet Dreams

________

Tina #384185 Oct 1st, 2014 at 08:43 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Last night I just crashed out without coming in to say good night. It was a good night of sleeping though. So I feel rested today.
I hope everyone has a good day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384186 Oct 1st, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
WE got the tail end of a tornado watch from the west, which gave us some lightening, thunder and rain...The rain was pretty much all night, which lent to good sleeping for me. Sadly I woke up as it was too warm to sleep well. me thinks Rod turned off the A/C. I need to go check here in a few.

It is supposed to rain off & on all day today and then get cooler tonight. cry

________

Tina #384187 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 12:45 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
It is warm here today and to get much warmer tomorrow. We also have our first wind event of the season. It is not a bad one but it broke loose some of the tumbleweeds out in the wild. Driving home was dodging those and kind of fun when there is no traffic to speak of.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384188 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 01:13 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
The weather man mentioned your high temps this morning. So sorry for that, but then I guess it beats colder temps...but then you do not have severe winter weather do you.

Back to work for me--

________

Tina #384190 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 01:43 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
No, our winters are not severe. I get pretty cold but I'm acclimated to the zone. It is all relative. And I will take what I have over high humidity any day.
Got a lot of house-y things done this morning.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384191 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 03:05 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I am washing bed clothes for the 2 spare beds. Some other things have gotten done as well. Now I am back to working on my second grandson's quilt.

________

Tina #384192 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 07:36 AM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
I won't be doing laundry until the temps drop again. I make sure we have clothing and bedding changes to cover our heatwaves. If I needed I could take my laundry to the wash room of the resort next door and fork over quarters to get it done without heating my house. But I never have yet.
I stopped at a couple of stores before picking Ted up from school. I think we are set for the weekend. There is a Blake Shelton concert up at the park on Sunday. So we will stick home and be snug as a bug.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384195 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 12:45 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I got a message from my SIL. so I am going to watch Luke tomorrow. I hope the weather is better, I hate to travel in rain.

G'nite everyone. Sweet Dreams

________

Tina #384196 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 01:14 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Safe travels, Carol. Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384197 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 04:35 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well here it is 2:34 am in Lovely Illinois, and carol is wide awake, so I thought to do a "walk thru"....
Which would be fine IF I didn't have to drive tomorrow. Oh well, perhaps I will pull another 24 hr. day, like I have in the past. We can hope

________

Tina #384198 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 08:32 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all...pardon me for not checking in but DH is home on vacation so I have been using his help as much as I can to get things ready for Winter.

Tina #384199 Oct 2nd, 2014 at 09:07 PM
Tina Offline OP
California Queen
30k Posts
OP Offline
California Queen
30k Posts
Crack that whip, Sunny! I totally understand the need to get ready.
Good morning. Yay for Friday! It will be too hot to get much done here outdoors or in. The trick will be to stay hydrated and wait it out. So we are hunkering down.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #384200 Oct 3rd, 2014 at 07:54 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Lord yes, take advantage of the hubby being home when you can.
It is in the VERY LOW 60's today & colder weather is coming tonight I here...Surely I have mentioned how I hate winter, right ???

________

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image