Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I just thought to open a new CH so it would be fresh & clean for the morning. G'nite wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. I am heading to bed as well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning.

Nice to see Bill pop in.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning---it is a nice day. Cool & pretty outside.

Last night I watered everything, and repotted up some small succulents that I bought. One is a small Haworthia, the rest I do not know the names of really. I should look them up one of these days.

Welp, I am going to visit my sister this morning...I am so looking forward to that.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Have a great time with your sister, Carol.
Good morning. Ted and I are delivering his classroom donations today. It will be hot and nasty. But nice to get my spaces back where it is piled up.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Saw my nephew's new house today. It did have people living in it previous to my nephew & his pregnant wife, but they are only the second set of people to live there. They are moving in this weekend. It is a VERY nice house. 4 bed rooms, 3 full baths, both upstairs & downstairs are finished...deck upstairs, concrete porch downstairs.

Just really really nice---sad part is there is about 2 to 2-1/2 acres of grass to cut.

Going to bed soon...G'nite wavy

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It sounds a nice house but not something I'd want to take on. I have a hard enough time keeping 2 bathrooms clean.
Sweet dreams. I am trying hard to keep decent hours. It is back to school next week.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Today is gassing up the van and getting a few groceries. Not sure what else is going to get done. Maybe nail clipping and things.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I agree about the large house. I always think that IF one had such a large houes, surely one could afford a cleaning woman, right ??? My niece does, but my daughters do not. I am hoping that my nephew gets one for his wife. She will have plenty to keep up with with her new baby.

I need to begin going to bed earlier also, Tina. I have to get used to getting up 3 days a week at 5:30, so I can drive to Emily's to babysit.

I have no idea what I am going to do today.

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

Morning,

Why is it when I can sleep late I am up early.... hubby is still sleeping up there... oh well at least it's quiet...LOL!

It is a bright sunny day today ... drying out finally.. we had more rain the last couple weeks than in the last year or so I think... really want to wash my windows.. having ground level windows makes for a lot of dirty ones when it rains... do have to grocery shop too though, always something to do...

When I got up I realized I had forgotten to run my dishwasher... so started that.. it was very full ... will have to hand wash the breakfast dishes... I usually make that my last stop on the way upstairs .. must have just walked on by it last night- .........

Well off to get breakfast started maybe the smell of coffee will wake up hubby....

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Nana--I had 4 hours sleep & I feel fine--

I have some hand dish washing to do as well...I didnt do mine last night either..(I wait untl right before I go to sleep too.) lol

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
All of my dish washing is by hand. I kind of enjoy it. The only time I would like a dishwasher would be if I was clearing my shelves for deep cleaning. A place to refresh the dishes from the rear of the cabinets and store them until they can be replaced.
I am getting ready to head out. I remembered that I need to drive through the bank too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. We have a light rain/mist going on. That makes me happy. (Of course, I drove through a car wash this morning.) It is cooler but sticky. I would like to see more water than we have too. But any is a blessing, really.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hello everyone. Famous Seattle weird weather day today. We had rain, hail, lightning, thunder, sunshine, and upper 80's for the high. Spent the day with a good friend helping her look at cars. She ended up with one she really likes and can afford. I'm happy for her. Acing trouble getting to sleep so I'm going to watch something boring on netflix.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I hope you got some sleep, Cheryl.
I have fans trying to move the heavy air. And had to take meds for rainy day aches already. But the rain we have had has been light and there are no fires nearby. I will take it.
Getting ready for school tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
We took a TV set to Marie today--She seemed to be happy about it. And the good news is I was telling her something & she said You don't live here, so you do not know----But I do live here and I know...
The Nurse and her roommate both said they saw a big difference in her today, so I do so hope that she has come to accept the situation...

Just back from lunch. This afternoon I need to make a banana bread with some old bananas that I have, wash clothes & make some hummingbird nectar...
And--it has heated up outside once again--just like August should be in Illinois. rolz

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is good news, Carol. I hope she continues or improves even more.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
That is good news, Carol. I hope she continues or improves even more.

Thanks so much Tina

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Now I have real rain. I have been sitting with all of the appliances off/unplugged but there was a lull. But the lightning is back so I am off again.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Do you guys have wills? I think we need a will and I'm wondering if I can do it myself or if I really need to get a lawyer. It's plain and simple if we die separately and we if die together I'm not sure I really care what happens. I ran into a woman who I used to be friends with (the children were small) and found out her husband died in March at the age of 66 (which really has nothing to do with anything). She said it's been a mess because their will was very old and pertained to what to do with the children if they died together.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I do have a will but need to update it. A do-it-yourself often does not hold much water here. So I will go to a lawyer and update a full estate plan. John's will was all-encompassing and it all went smoothly after he passed away. (he was 66 also). So it will be modeled on his.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes I do not think a do-it-yourself will would hold much water here in IL either.
We went to a lawyer back in 1998 & had ours drawn up simple...

we both inherit from one another, & then if we both go the kids inherit equally. We got those & POA for Healthcare on each of us for like $200.00. But like I said it was back in 1998. But the kids were old enough, so I doubt if we redo them.

I think it makes it nice for the kids, because they do not have to wonder "what you would do"

Both our parents had wills:

But in addition to the wills, my Dad & now my Mom made up lists of how they wanted their "things" to be handed out when they were gone, so there was no fighting over dad's things when he passed away.

My Mom & my MIL both gave away their good jewelry to all of us kids already, so there will be no fighting over that either--I intend to do the same a bit later down the road myself.

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Sheri
We just did the whole lawyer thing for new wills, ours is old too and is mostly what to do with the children... well those children have lots of their own children so it's time to redo... we are going to do a trust too.. living wills, medical power of attys... if we do a trust here there is no probate to go thru for whoever survives... why let the state get involved? we aren't done yet with it but it is getting there... had to find the house deed and insurance policy papers.. filed them all away 20 yrs ago , slowly getting them found and taken to lawyers office... will be nice to have it done... my stepdad died without a valid will and it was a mess for my Mom.. his sons from his previous marriage actually had to go to Az and sign papers to let her keep the mobile home and care and her own bank accts... so yes wills can help a lot...

Well it's been a long day .. got warm today but it's supposed to rain again tomorrow... ,a chance anyway... planning on cleaning carpets as we won't have boys all week.. so hope it doesn't rain... we had moved our bed and there were a couple stains behind the headboard where it had been... something red.. I used baking soda and vinegar and let it sit with old white towels on it- came out... Yay! will be another long day if I do whole house but perfect time to do it with boys at home , may actually get a lot of cleaning done....

Well off to my pillows... hopefully to sleep... didn't sleep very well last night .. got cold and couldn't get warm .. crazy for August... think maybe my body's temperature control is broken...
Sleep well all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Heading to bed...Sweet Dreams wavy

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Ready for my day to begin. We could get more raon but it is less likely than yesterday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning.

Today it is phone calls and then off to get the oil changed in my car.

I wish everyone a good day...

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,

Well it is a cleaning house day for us... if hubby ever gets up.. he must like retirement! sleeps in later every day it seems...LOL! Guess I will have to start coffee to wake him up again....

Looks like another warm day here with sunshine galore... good day for carpet cleaning though - will dry nicely with fans going .... have a good day all .. off to eat and get my meds and start moving stuff...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good afternoon all.

These storms are ridiculous...it cut off our cable, phone and internet for days.

We don't have a will but we need one, keep pushing for DH to make an appt...if anything happens to us I don't want what we have going to our DD. We need to put everything in trust for our grand daughter. Here without a will everything is split between the surviving spouse and children.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good morning. It appears my boss forgot his alarm again. We were supposed to open 15 minutes ago and no one but me is here. This has happened once before.

Yesterday my roommate and I were given notice that we have until the end of September to move out. So, I have to move yet again. We are going to remain roommates and are looking for a place together.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
A little irresponsible on the bosses part chermoni. Maybe moving will be a good thing. Hope so.

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is anther overcast day here. And a possibility of more rain later. I'll take any rain that falls.
Got Ted to school and stopped to shop. Home and paid the last of my bills. It is a good day already.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts

In again for a few... hubby is doing stairs for me- can't grip the smaller tool and press the button that lets the cleaner spray... only 18 stairs.... LOL! carpet looks a lot better.. and smells good too... now to take it back and wait for carpet to dry.. got every fan going on it.... won[t take long it's almost 90* today..

That is strange for a boss to be that irresponsible.. seems like some one higher up would notice him doing that more than once.... sorry you have to move again though...but glad you found a roommate you can live with... think that would be really hard for me to do...

Well off to get something else done... got bed stuff in dryer and washer... will be remaking beds soon..

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I got the oil in my car changed today.
Then I went shopping for my Niece for her birthday.
I bought her a locking pencil box, as she is beginning 1st grade this fall..
Bad news is the key was not in the box, I didn't find out until I got home.. rolz
Good news is there was a card in the see-thru box that said to e-mail the company to get a replacement key. So I did. But you know it will not be here by Saturday....Which is sad, as I bought her things for the inside of her pencil box, and a gift card for Wal-mart. (she loves to shop)..I was hoping to put everything inside the box. (It is a small see-thru suitcase looking kind of thing)
But oh well---such is life.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That is a lovely gift, Carol. The key, eventually, will be nice too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. Another day begins tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Well, I got a returned e-mail from that key site--said it did not exsist. So, I sent it again--but then I got an old chest key of mine, & yep, I was able to open the pencil box--so now even if we do not ever get another key, my "Great Niece" can use the pencil case. YAY !!

G'nite everyone sweet dreams.

Tomorrow is Tuesday...YAY !!!

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Tuesdays always make me happy, thinking about your ceramics class, Carol.
It is going to be another hot day but drier than the ast few. That means my coolers will be more efficient. Always something to be grateful for.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning...more thunderstorms on the way for us today.

Frogger
40k Posts
OP Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Thank You Tina, I am happy too.
I am lucky to have such good friends.

Today I will go to Ceramics, hifive and then instead of going to eat with my ceramic friends, I will go with my Sister and her 2 granddaughters to a tea Room. I think we are having a "Tea Party" !! YAY !!!

As they are 4 and 6 she will likely appreciate some help with them. shewinks

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds like a blast, Carol. I hope it is fun.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image