Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#381161 Mar 23rd, 2014 at 05:49 AM
OP Offline
Hi

I hope this doesn't sound too funny, but I planted my first houseplant, some berries, and it has grown to be about 3+ feet. I planted it in a mop bucket….don’t ask….anyway.

Its now time for me to transfer it to outside, as the weather gets warmer.

My question is that since I had such great success the first time, I ready to play a few other things, but once they are ready to go outside, I want it to be an easier process. I’m a computer geek, so I know little to nothing about houseplants. Do they sell something, like a mesh or a biodegradable container that will allow me to remove the plant from its HOME container and easily plant it outside into the dirt?

I’m sure such a thing exists, I just don’t know what its called or where to get it. Any assistance or help with this new plant would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Chaz

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, chaz. If you are talking small plants then yes, there are many things available. From cardboard egg cartons or just newspaper little planters that people make. And peat pots that can be bought in stores.
If you are talking larger plants like your current 3ft one, they need a little more structure around the soil and root ball. You can make the transplanting easier by lining whatever pot you decide to use with something biodegradable like a gunny sack. When it is time to lift the plant from the pot, you lift the lining out and plant it as well.
I hope this helps. Good luck!

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,861
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image