Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#377163 Sep 23rd, 2013 at 02:53 AM
OP Offline
A neighbor has a beautiful yard full of jade plants. He gave me a beautiful cutting. He told me to plant it (house plant) and to make sure I kept it very moist. I have watering the plant when I see the soil is dry. It has now starting sprouting air roots. Am I watering too much, or not enough. Some leaves have fallen off, but not many. Should I water more often, or less often. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
a jade plant is to be kept damp (not soggy) until the plant has taken root. then you can just water as you would any jade plant, which is to say Water it when the soil is damp (not wet) to the touch. This should not be too often, BUT also when a jade loses leaves (usually the older leaves) it is often due to too little watering. Perhaps you are letting the soil dry out too much between waterings ?? Try watering your jade plant when the top inch of its soil is completely dry. (of course this is when you are sure your jade cuttings have grown their own roots.)

Also, since Jade plants add leaves and shoots during the summer they will need more water during this time.

I would like to see a picture of your plant- The "air roots" may well be new leaves or plantlets that a can grow when one is rooting a jade. Watch then closely, and see if they change...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image