"I Love Virginia!"
Shirley4 #376390 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 07:30 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Trey's first day of school was today; he was excited that he had no homework but then he remembered that it was Tuesday and not Monday so he had a little to do (write down the names of several classmates and the teacher; not too difficult for writing practice lol). He seemed like he had a pretty good day!

I got to go to my ex's sisters house and spend an hour and a half with my daughter, she likes to sleep on daddy, probably because I sit and rock her and talk softly to her; I'd put myself to sleep lol...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Shirley4 #376397 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 08:28 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you got some baby time in there, James.
Busy day today. School shopping, home to put away, cleaning some, out to shop for shoes for my older son and get Ted from school. Home, lunch nap. I will really like my bed tonight.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #376399 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 08:41 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Glad Trey had a good day at school & that you got some "cuddle time" in. Sooner than you know it, she will come to know her daddy...

Tina, I'm a tellin' you girl, you make me tired just reading all that you get accomplished in one day---

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Shirley4 #376411 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 10:03 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
talking about getting alot accomplished in one day,, try getting up at five, get 3 boys out the door by 6:20. take one to a before school program by 6:35. get to work driving 40 minutes in extremely heavy traffic, work 9hours, drive 40 minutes back in worse traffic , pick up the high schooler on the way home, then pick up the after school program 7 yr old, head home,, then get home work started,, answer questions, talk about school, talk about activities, cook dinner, still work on home work with 3 kids,, clean up after dinner, get baths, get clothes layed out, water plants, get doggy play time in, say good nights, say good nights again cuz someone is fighting sleep,, and begin again the next morning.
I wish I could just go shopping and drive to the store and fix things around the house, that would be a dream to me,those are lucky and blessed people that get to do that. I'm so tired of working I could scream!I don't understand how people that don't work have money,, yet make it financially, I wanna know the secret, so I don't have to work so hard to make a living to just survive cuz my old behind is worn out. shock I don't know how long I can keep this up Health isn't getting any better either, I just don't talk about it cuz what's the point. why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Shirley4 #376432 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Diane, I agree with you about people who can do that being blessed and thankfully I am now one of them. It's a whole different life let me tell you. I'm not as OCD as I was about getting things done because I don't HAVE to finish everything today but I don't have to be at work at 7 AM tomorrow. It's wonderful. I wish everyone could retire. I do stay busy because I'm not a sit around type of person but it's with a whole different attitude. After Christmas I'm going to volunteer one day a week at Urban Ministries in Charlotte, which will be a 40 minutes drive, but they helped Johnny's brother so much that I want to give back.

Bestofour #376433 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:39 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well, I do not know about being blessed to be able to stay home.

I had a great job that I loved (medical records tech) and the boy wanted me to stay home with the girls--well, I did--and guess what---no retirement of my own, not enough SSI to draw on my own (I am 2 years & 2 months short) & we have no extra savings --but I will say this:

I often wish I had had a job but not for the money. It is because I am so busy & have my time called upon because "I do not work"..... "after all so what else do I have to do ?"...yea right----...I think I would be far less busy if I did have a job...

But I get the not having to get up & go to work thing...completely...

________

Shirley4 #376439 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 01:06 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
IF I didn't have to work and could still pay the bills, and have plenty of food and gas, Noone would call upon my time cuz I wouldn't allow it, it would be my choice and my choice only.After working since I was 13 and steady since I was 17 that's over 40 years of continuous working, so when I can retire noone will dictate my time to me. That's not gonna happen I won't baby sit unless I want to, I won't taxi anyone unless I want to,and I'll be danged if I clean anyone elses home and someone will be cleaning mine! as I said above My old A$$ is tired as hell. I will be DONE doing things for others and someone better be catering to me or all hell is going to break loose. tapfoot I'll take my cane out and start swinging it on back sides haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Shirley4 #376441 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 01:30 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am truly blessed. I do enjoy what I can do for others though. That is a bright spot in my days.
About money, I have always cut my family's hair and my own. I have never used a credit card but once to pay to cremate my mother. Never paid a penny of interest. If I didn't have the money, we did without until I did. And I have rarely bought new anything except shoes and clothes. About a quarter to a third of income went into annuities before it saw our bank. I have worked hard most of my life and enjoyed what I have done. And I am thoroughly enjoying my retirement and my good health. Retirement can sure keep you busy. I keep myself mentally happy by trying to see the best in people and situations. And planning for situations I cannot control.
Sweet dreams all. I can finally go to bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
angelblossom #376442 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 01:47 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
IF I didn't have to work and could still pay the bills, and have plenty of food and gas, Noone would call upon my time cuz I wouldn't allow it, it would be my choice and my choice only.

well see, really we do not have enough money---THAT is the bad part..we did for the years we were raising the girls b/c his dad helped us as Rod worked for his dad & his dad felt bad that he could not afford to give us health insurance, (not enough people working for him so it was going to be mega expensive for my FIL) so he made up for it by helping us along the way.

and then Rod got a better job--& we were good--BUT then first Rod lost his job as they sold the plant & moved it down south so they could pay about 1/2 as much in wages. He got another job easily enough but then the economy went downhill fast--all the while I was looking for a job & while my resume got me interviews, no one would hire me, so I either interview poorly or I was too old..take your pick, but it does not really matter which it was, as no is no no matter why... rolz

as for my time---Rod's mom is all alone living in an assisted living facility---she has to be taken any place she wants/has to go as she will not go when the facility takes people and also the boys do not trust her to tell us the right story or to get it straight, so I am elected to take her & go along in say to the Drs offices. Rod is still working & his brother lives in Ohio--so I have no choice.--and my daughter, well, how can I say no to that cute little boy....Then there is my sister who is in a bad shape health wise & while she does not ask for much help, she needs it, so I offer---

and so it goes.........

________

JunieGirl #376443 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 02:02 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
[Linked Image]

sweet dreams

________

Shirley4 #376450 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 07:35 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
good morning,,
Tre has a tennis tournament today after school so it's gonna be a extra long day for him.
Work load has severely slowed down at work so it's gonna be a struggle to stay busy at work. We got a lot of new clients a few months back but they say patients aren't coming in due to dropping their dental insurance for need of paying bills instead, so it's like a domino effect on down the line of dentistry and labs. boohoo We had a meeting yesterday of what people we will need to ask to not come in one day a week as opposed to just laying them off. We are trying not to lay off people and just going to take it a day at a time until we have no choice.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Shirley4 #376451 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 07:38 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all...

..after reading all those posts, I am wondering if starting work this week was a good idea? lol Just teasing.

I have been on both sides, both have their pros and cons.

Diane, you need a break...the stress from taking on another family after all that you have been through is wearing you out. I know you love your boys, and you have to work for financial stability. I just wish you had family to pitch in to take some of the 'work load' off of you, it makes me so sad to think how tired you must be.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #376452 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 08:17 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers
Good morning all...

Diane, you need a break...the stress from taking on another family after all that you have been through is wearing you out. I know you love your boys, and you have to work for financial stability. I just wish you had family to pitch in to take some of the 'work load' off of you, it makes me so sad to think how tired you must be.

Thank you Sunny Finally someone that understands where I'm at on this kissie

I wish I had family here but I'm here alone in Tx doing it all by my self .Glad the boys are with me for sure,, but it is taxing on me lately.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #376453 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 08:29 PM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Dine ,
Get family to come to see you more often.
Or spend a holiday there.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Shirley4 #376454 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 09:33 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I think it may be less humid today. But it will be hotter. I am glad I have little that I need to do outdoors besides water and drive.
I hope all have a wonderful Wednesday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #376455 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Good morning. I get to have a phlebotomy today...yippeee! Always makes me feel better.

Dang, this coffee is good! breakfast

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Tina #376456 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning--please pass the cofee carafe, OK ??? coffee

Diane: I hope that Tre` does well in his tennis match today. I also hope that the weather is not too much for him.

Please watch out for yourself, if you aint good, aint no one going to be good...so really how you feel physically should come first. I agree I wish you had someone to help you on a regular basis. I know the boys are good kids, and that means a lot, but I so wish you could just stop & rest when it was needed. And yes, I know Jimmy is a good friend & helps you, but still.....perhaps as long as You don't lose your job, a slow down at work will help you to not be so harried. kissie

Sunny: I am glad that you found a job that you like. And with all that you do, the part itme of it is perfect. Good for you.
I hope the rest of your life is going well, and that your family is doing well.

Tina: glad that is it less humid. I think "we" can take more heat if the humidity is down. Still, take care. you have people that count on you as well. How is Teddy taking to the new school year, is he ok with it ??

Dodge: How is your foot doing? I hope all is well with you these days.

I am off here in a few to take my MIL to the Drs. to get her weekly blood tests. Then she has some errands she needs to do...

OOPs !! Cindy popped in on me wavy have a good & safe trip today Cindy. and yep, the coffee IS good, I agree.

I wish you all a great .

________

Shirley4 #376457 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, it's extremely humid here. I just opened the back door, didn't even go outside, and my hair started frizzing.

Good luck today Cindy. I have really good veins so it's easy for me and hardly hurts.

Shirley4 #376459 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Sunny, I missed it. What kind of work are you doing?

JunieGirl, when I first retired everyone was scheduling my time for me and it was making me mad and driving me crazy. I had to stop it. I still baby sit, because like you, I love the grans and go to the games and visit my mother but I'm not doing all the extras unless I want too.

On another note, I have a friend who worked in insurance 20 or 30 years and was laid off when her company downsized. She went on many, many interviews with no luck. She lost her house and her car. Finally at one interview she started crying and asked the lady interviewing her, who looked close to her own age, what was the matter with her that no one would hire her. The lady said "off the record because I can get into trouble for telling you this but it's age discrimination." The lady went on to say that she was concerned for herself if her company decided to downsize because she is over 50 too. I guess there's no answer to that.

Bestofour #376460 Sep 3rd, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Sheri: Thanks for that re-inforecement of what I thought. I was beginning to doubt myself...and I saw 50 a "few" years ago.. The interviewers would say we are very impressed with your resume--then nope some young person would get the job...

Well, I would say "no" more often, but I really have no choice except for my sister, & I as I said, I she does not ask so much, I offer because I know she nees the help..

I had better get going--or I will be late---wavy

________

Shirley4 #376461 Sep 4th, 2013 at 05:10 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Some days I list some of the things I do because it helps me remember. Like, I write down every dollar I spend and keep receipts. I hate not remembering what I did or where the money went.
I will not list stuff today. It is too hot and I am tired. I probably won't nap but I will lay down and rest my bones. I have Ted home from school and the day's business taken care of. And dinner is cooking itself in the slowcooker.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #376462 Sep 4th, 2013 at 05:42 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
lists are a good thing, Tina. I do that too. I will say I should keep better track of the money I spend. I prefer using checks so then I KNOW where my money went, but it seems I use cash a lot---oh well...

My supper will be hamburgers, boiled potatoes, & "some" veggie with peach cobbler for dessert.--if there is dessert, Rod will not really care what he is eating for supper.. lol

________

JunieGirl #376463 Sep 4th, 2013 at 06:27 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
LOL
Sounds Manly..
Lets see your recipe.

b

Sis an I went out for dinner, Hotbeef sandwich, mashed tators , frys and squash.
Was good

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #376464 Sep 4th, 2013 at 07:17 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
LOL
Sounds Manly..
Lets see your recipe.

you want my peach crisp recipe, Barb ???

________

Shirley4 #376465 Sep 4th, 2013 at 07:22 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
I love dessert but Johnny doesn't eat sweets so I don't make them cuz I will it it all. I need a neighbor who will give me a serving of what they make. Will one of you PLEASE move next door to me.

Shirley4 #376466 Sep 4th, 2013 at 07:26 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
sometimes we woman just need to realize we are Strong, good women even when we don't feel like we are with all the choas going on in our life on some days.Today I was handed a piece of paper at work by a co worker, she said READ IT,, IT'S YOU Diane, ,, I thought ohhhh geeeeez what now egad
what she handed me was like someone reached in my thoughts and soul and knew exactly who I was,, I was shocked!!
My Co worker gave me a hug saying she could see I've been stressed out lately though daily I smile and joke around she could see it in my eyes. She said I needed a reminder,, shewinks This is what was on the paper,,

I don't know the woman that wrote this .. But She wrote about me! talking about her self! WOW!!!!! Yeah What SHE said! clap
"I am the new woman. I am not dependent on anyone for my happiness. Neither am I here to live up to anyone’s expectations nor to make any efforts to make other people happy at the cost of my own happiness. I will not allow anyone to take me for granted because I will never be a victim of deceit or manipulations ever again. I am free spirited and carefree and no one can break me even if I get emotionally worked up. I am not jealous of any one because I am very confident of my own capabilities. I will not allow anyone to define or change me because I am what I am and I have my own unique personality. I know how to fight back and survive on my own terms. If I am shattered I have the ability to come back even stronger because I am determined to survive no matter how random things are all around me. You can only win my heart with love and more love. No matter how crazy the world is and no matter how much chaos surrounds me, I am confident that I can handle my life beautifully with God at my side",,,,,,, written by Aarti Khurana

that set the stage for the rest of the day,, I felt better shoulders back,eyes forward and moving on,,,,,,

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
JunieGirl #376467 Sep 4th, 2013 at 07:42 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
LOL
Sounds Manly..
Lets see your recipe.

you want my peach crisp recipe, Barb ???

Yes if it isn't too much to ask?? kissie
Hey put your seeds out today.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #376468 Sep 4th, 2013 at 07:46 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Diane ,
when your stressed an feeling low.. Take the boys an dogs out for a family walk.
It does wonders for me.. I always survive an feel less stressed.
Just do it .

b

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Shirley4 #376469 Sep 4th, 2013 at 08:59 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
It's too hot here to walk anywhere, 100+ temps till at least 9 pm.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #376470 Sep 4th, 2013 at 09:54 AM
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
talking about getting alot accomplished in one day,, try getting up at five, get 3 boys out the door by 6:20. take one to a before school program by 6:35. get to work driving 40 minutes in extremely heavy traffic, work 9hours, drive 40 minutes back in worse traffic , pick up the high schooler on the way home, then pick up the after school program 7 yr old, head home,, then get home work started,, answer questions, talk about school, talk about activities, cook dinner, still work on home work with 3 kids,, clean up after dinner, get baths, get clothes layed out, water plants, get doggy play time in, say good nights, say good nights again cuz someone is fighting sleep,, and begin again the next morning.
I wish I could just go shopping and drive to the store and fix things around the house, that would be a dream to me,those are lucky and blessed people that get to do that. I'm so tired of working I could scream!I don't understand how people that don't work have money,, yet make it financially, I wanna know the secret, so I don't have to work so hard to make a living to just survive cuz my old behind is worn out. shock I don't know how long I can keep this up Health isn't getting any better either, I just don't talk about it cuz what's the point. why

Diane I feel your problem though I would be ok retiring after raising 7 kids and a passel of grand kids now @71 work just to pay for my meds and my copay's.Hope it works out better for you

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
dodge #376471 Sep 4th, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

Yes if it isn't too much to ask?? kissie
Hey put your seeds out today.

What seeds should I put out today, barb ??

and I will go & copy the recipe down in "recipes" for you, OK ??? That way it will be there for you to refer to, if ya want.

I sorta worked it up myself from other recipes over time---

________

JunieGirl #376473 Sep 4th, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
LOL your so funny some times Carol.
clap
I should of said,I put your seeds in the mail today. I sent you the tye dye seeds you once asked me for ..
You an GRem...both.

LOL

barb flwr

Last edited by dodge; Sep 4th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #376475 Sep 4th, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Maybe your daughter is correct move to her place an get some rest.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #376476 Sep 4th, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I do so hope that you added planting instructions for me, Barb....& Thanks so much !!! prayers

I posted the peach crisp recipe for you...I figure it is just a quideline for you anyway, but it it there. I am sure you have made many a peach pie in your time.

There is just 1 serving of mine left now---I will leave it for my DH for tomorrow.

________

Bestofour #376479 Sep 4th, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
I love dessert but Johnny doesn't eat sweets so I don't make them cuz I will it it all. I need a neighbor who will give me a serving of what they make. Will one of you PLEASE move next door to me.

The weather would be far better where you live, that is certain. I have NO idea why anyone lives in Illinois--or anywhere in the midwest... teach

You should do what a friend of mine suggested I do. make a dessert for yourself, & freeze it in individual servings. Then you can just take out one serving at a time...

________

Shirley4 #376510 Sep 4th, 2013 at 01:44 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I think Sheri has a phreezer phobia.
Sweet dreams all. I am stumbling towards my bed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #376511 Sep 4th, 2013 at 01:53 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good night everyone--Sweet Dreams...

[Linked Image]

________

Shirley4 #376514 Sep 4th, 2013 at 07:29 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
OP Offline
Giggles
20k Posts
Good morning everyone breakfast

Barb and Carol: What are Tie Dye seeds? why It sounds like a very colorful flower and something I would like. notme grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Shirley4 #376515 Sep 4th, 2013 at 07:41 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good morning Shirley wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image