5k Posts
open for bidniz

wavy

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #374327 Aug 1st, 2013 at 11:06 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Would be nice if James answered my question, where do I get the site from that blocks all the ads, and what if people don't use fire fox what can they use instead to block all the ads on face book???? zoink
Last time I used an ad blocker it totally messed up my computer. I want to be sure to get the right one as I said on the last post of the last coffee house.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #374329 Aug 1st, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Well, maybe I closed the coffeehouse too soon....sorry.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374330 Aug 1st, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well, we will hope that James reads back some & will see Diane's question....

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
afgreyparrot #374331 Aug 1st, 2013 at 03:05 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
It's called Social Fixer

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #374332 Aug 1st, 2013 at 07:27 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Gremelin
It's called Social Fixer

awesome! clap Thanks James, grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374333 Aug 1st, 2013 at 08:06 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Good morning coffee Been up since 4am. I'm thinking that the next time I see my doctor I might ask here about something to help me sleep. I've never wanted to take anything...but....

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
afgreyparrot #374334 Aug 1st, 2013 at 08:23 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
good morning,, wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374335 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 07:25 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
wavy dang Noone's been here all day? notme

maybe the gardening links on the side bar should be up dated to August, Sept, Oct?? :wink:

it was just a weird Friday over all today, Just a strange feeling I had all day zoink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374336 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 07:27 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hey Shirley,,
Ask your doc if melatonin might help... we found it helps my grandson sleep... the scrip stuff they gave him knocks him out for 15 hours.. but the melatonin just lets him sleep his 8-9 hours and his is fine when he gets up...

I finished the blanket today... my poor old machine is still chugging along... it was my Mom's and she got it in 1972 so it's been around a while...

It just started pouring rain.. and the sun is out too... weird weather... I have 2 of the boys here so will be making spaghetti for dinner.. with garlic toast... their fav and easy for me..

Well off to brown some turkey... have a good evening all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374337 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 08:06 AM
Man, you guys are cooking dinners, making quilts, fixing computers...way too much activity for me today. Whew! snooz

Good day at work, very productive, but I am tired.

Shirley, what ever you do, don't take Ambien, my sister does from time to time and I know others that do. You can go to sleep and get up in the middle of the night and do things you don't even know you did the next day. Crazy stuff.

You guys are great!

mj1957 #374338 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 08:16 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by mj1957

Shirley, what ever you do, don't take Ambien, my sister does from time to time and I know others that do. You can go to sleep and get up in the middle of the night and do things you don't even know you did the next day. Crazy stuff.

You guys are great!

shock A lady at work says her husband does that,, I'll tell her it's not just her husband other do it too on Ambien.

Glad you had a productive day thumbup Here's wishing us all a great Weekend! party

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374339 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 08:53 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
A lot of sleep medicine does that BTW, not just Ambien. My ex used to take Seroquil and it'd do similar, plus your legs get "jumpy" sometimes before the sleep aid kicks in lol...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
afgreyparrot #374341 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 09:15 AM
Yes, a group came to visit a few weeks ago and one of them took ambien at night. The kids said he would get up 2 and 3 times a night and fix plates of food and take a bite or two and then set them in the kitchen, in the microwave, on the cabinet, in the oven. I would wake up the next morning and find plates all over the place. Weird! touched

mj1957 #374349 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
They should take Ambien off the market. When the doctor gave it to me after my husbands death I would get up and cook, call people in the middle of the night, etc. My daughter came home about 1am once and I was at the stove putting cheese in an iron skillet that was so hot it had turned white. She said she could hear the smoke alarm before she even pulled in the driveway. Once she came home and I was asleep with my arm in the woodburning stove...got burned pretty bad. I didn't remember any of it. That stuff is evil.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374358 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I agree!

afgreyparrot #374359 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 11:01 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have never taken a sleeping pill. Nyquil knocks my socks off.
I had a busy and productive day. I worked outdoors this morning then cleaned up and took off for banks and a grocery store. I came home and paid my bills. I worked some more outside after all of that. I will be banking again tomorrow and going to a different store for more stuff. Life is busy when I am getting ready for back to school. But it is wonderful that Teddy gets a couple more years of school.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #374360 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Life is busy when I am getting ready for back to school. But it is wonderful that Teddy gets a couple more years of school.

Since I don't have a kid in school or a grandson to pick up from school anymore, I never know when school starts until I see the buses running. Yesterday after my hematology appt I went to my mom and dad's. My uncle was there, and was talking to my neice about school starting next week...and I said "Wow! That's early. Brennan's school doesn't start til sometime in August." My uncle (86 years old) took my hand and said "Honey, it IS August". blush

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374362 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 02:26 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is August.
The district here has played games with the school year and start/end dates, big time. Trying to find a way to make the whole thing cheaper or something. But it doesn't impact me all that much any more. I do enjoy taking Ted to and from school and I get reimbursed for my mileage. So when I stop to shop it is basically paid for. Not bad at all. And it means only an hour commute a day for Ted instead of about 3 hours on the bus. That was too much.
I am heading to bed. I meant to an hour ago.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #374364 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 03:17 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Both of my daughter's teach school. One begins (just teachers) next week, & the other the week after----That is WAY too early--I can rememner going one or 2 days before Labor Day, In my mind that was to gt settled in, & then school actually began the day we came back after Labor Day--this Mid-August stuff is way too early, to my notion.

g'nite everyone,. sweet dreams

________

afgreyparrot #374367 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 07:46 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Good morning everyone. wavy

And thanks, to all, about sleeping advice. I'll make sure I don't take Ambient yikes That stuff sounds deadly.

Last night there was a bluegrass band down at the farmers market. I walked down and hung out with my family for a couple of hours. It was fun. Had a good time.
Today I'm taking my son and grandkids to a movie and then dinner. That will be fun too.
Well, not my granddaughter, she's going to the city (Roanoke) with her great grandma to do some school clothes shopping.

But first, this morning, great grandma is going to come and take me to do my monthly grocery shopping. I hate grocery shopping!

I started reading a book last night about a married couple who like to play games in bed with handcuffs! rolz So, she's cuffed to the bed, the keys are across the room on the dresser, they're at an isolated cabin in the woods at a lake,........and the husband has a heart attack, falls off the bed, cracking his head on the floor, and dies!!! Now.....what in the heck is she going to do??? It's a Stephen King book, so you can imagine how it will go.
I can't wait to get back to it to find out....probably won't get to until tonight when I get in bed, though.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
afgreyparrot #374368 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 09:26 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
That sounds like your kind of book Shirley lol

So glad you had some good family time last night it really sounded like you had a fun time. grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #374379 Aug 2nd, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G'morning everyone---

Today I have bookwork to do for my MIL, then I wll have time to come home & get ready for a Bridal Shower. Then home to do laundry & some other stuff...It is always something isn't it ??? why

________

JunieGirl #374393 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Well...I missed Shirley again...she gets up too early for me...lol
I was up, but just sitting in the chair trying to be quiet until it was time to get Lola up. Couldn't sleep at all last night...bad sleep apnea that my doctor at UK told me was going to kill me if I did't get it addressed. Got an appointment for the 6th at the sleep disorder place. Between that and my dry mouth (auto-immune) I am up all night. Finally fell asleep night before last and then dumped a huge glass of ice water on me when I dozed off. Very rude awakening.

I am thinking about trying to take a nap in the chair. Lola is fed, the cats are fed, the dog is fed, the hummingbirds are fed.......

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374395 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 01:05 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well Cindy did you feed you? Hope so...

I slept in way late... hubby is off today and guess he decided I needed it.. he went outside to read.. yep.. he took over my book reader when we got the Ipad and I have been downloading Louis L'amour books for him.. he likes it cause it adjusts the font bigger so he can read easier..

I haven't got a lot planed for today.. maybe figuring out how to make the weighted blanket.. got the outside fleece but think I am going to use an old sheet for the inside pocket part .. think it will be easier to manipulate the beads into than straight into the fleece... then sew it all together like a sandwich..LOL!

I have my fingers crossed that the union and co have finally settled.. of course we have a big change in insurance but we expected that.. will just make it easier to retire since we have to pay either way after Jan1st... he will get a raise but not enough to offset the cost of insurance... and a lump sum backpay and resign bonus which will be nice too.. definitely going to go get as much done medically before Jan as I can..

Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374409 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 04:08 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Good afternoon everyone. Some of you know, but I cut my hair last night. Took about 5 inches off (it's still long, btw) and cut bangs. I was looking for a change. Not much to do today. Got the dishes in the dishwasher and I'm dog sitting. Later I have a couple of friends coming over and we're going to have dinner and play Dr. Who monopoly. I'm making chicken parmesan and my friend is bringing caesar salad. Looking forward to it since I don't do much. Starting to like single life and missing my marriage a little less and realize that it really is for the best that we're no longer together. I feel good and I'm even wearing makeup today.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
afgreyparrot #374411 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 04:18 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am so glad you are on the upswing, Cheryl. Hopefully the not-so-nice feelings will be further apart and fewer in general.
Nana, it is good to get all the medical that you can out of the way before retiring. I am looking forward to your retirement for you.
Today I banked, shopped, banked and came home to put all of my groceries away. I do think we are about as ready as we can be for school on Monday. I have all of my laundry complete unless someone is hiding towels in her room. This month my youngest daughter turns 23 and I'm thinking of a gift for her. An e-reader or tablet is in the works, I guess.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
chermoni #374412 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 04:23 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by chermoni
Good afternoon everyone. Some of you know, but I cut my hair last night. Took about 5 inches off (it's still long, btw) and cut bangs. I was looking for a change. Not much to do today. Got the dishes in the dishwasher and I'm dog sitting. Later I have a couple of friends coming over and we're going to have dinner and play Dr. Who monopoly. I'm making chicken parmesan and my friend is bringing caesar salad. Looking forward to it since I don't do much. Starting to like single life and missing my marriage a little less and realize that it really is for the best that we're no longer together. I feel good and I'm even wearing makeup today.

Change is good Cheryl I saw your pic on FB looks good! grin Days will be easier as you're finding out,, I'm living by my FB status more and more "Single isn't just a status. It's a word that describes a person who is strong enough to enjoy life without having to depend on anybody else."
shewinks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #374424 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 07:45 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Tina, sounds like you are on the ball, good for you-----makes me realize I should be "up & at 'em" more.

Sherri---Extra sleep is a good thing, I am glad that you got some...

Cindy--I hope you get all of this taken care of--I do so worry about yoiu.

Cheryl----I must go & look at "the new you"...Sounds like you are dealing with this change quite well..good for you !!!

________

JunieGirl #374425 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 08:06 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Good grief, everyone on here is always doing something and working hard at one thing or another. I feel like a slug these days. I just got out of the chair....again. Been in it for over an hour with my eyes closed. Lola finally decided it was time for me to get up. rolz

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 08:07 AM. Reason: can't see,,had to edit

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374426 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 08:20 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Cindy, be sure not to feel bad---I have had my share of those days, I am sure we all have. kissie

When I got home from the Shower, I tried to sleep---but alas the dog & my DH were playing & it woke me up---so now, they are both asleep & I am wide awake---I feel like going in there with a drum & banging it, ya know ???

________

afgreyparrot #374429 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 08:41 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Cindy ... I am not always busy- goes in spurts... some days I just veg out and sit too... Its humid here today and supposed to rain soon... bad weather north of us- tornados and hail... may be headed our way... we did our grocery shopping earlier.. took me a long time to get ready- I am so sore with the humidity... but it got done so we shall eat for another few days I guess..LOL!

We had two sheriff vehicles sitting in front of our house earlier... didn't see where they came from when they left though... was kind of strange, been seeing one every day passing by too .. rarely see them and then 3 days in a row and staying for a while.... hope nothing happened in neighborhood ...

Carrie lives about 2 blocks from us and they had a bear sighted in their neighborhood a few days ago but it must have gone back up into the mtns cause no one could find it after the first person saw it- she had to go out with her dogs every time they went outside for a few days... you never know what a dog will do with a bear around... first time we have had one this close to us...
Cheryl your haircut looks good... and life does get easier .. glad you found another job too.

Well off to see what kind of sheet I can use to make Derek's blanket- must have one I can use

Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374430 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 08:45 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Rofl I love Pizza Hut; I forgot my account delivery note is "Draw me your favorite animal", The delivery boy drew me a giraffe! lol..

[Linked Image]

afgreyparrot #374432 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 09:03 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
lol well I guess when he delivers he really delivers

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #374433 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 09:06 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Usually they don't humor me lol

afgreyparrot #374434 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 09:07 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I just woke from a nap, Cindy. I schedule them into my days. Sometimes I sleep and sometimes I just rest. I had planned on making a spaghetti sauce today but maybe tomorrow. I have meatloaf in the freezer that I think will be dinner tonight.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #374441 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 09:32 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I have nothing else much to do except nap, so I don't have to schedule...but just as soon as I fall asleep someone will call or knock at the door or something. Had company yesterday (my cousin) as soon as I laid the chair back and fell asleep. Same thing today, different cousin.

I forgot my account delivery note is "Draw me your favorite animal"

I had no idea what that was for until I just saw your explanation on Facebook. That's funny!

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374442 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 09:34 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
PS...there was a very good reason I said I would never eat fried green tomatoes again. Ate them tonight...cousin brought green tomatoes. I will never eat fried green tomatoes again!

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #374457 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 11:35 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Do we get to hear that reason?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #374459 Aug 3rd, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Let's just say I am in terrible pain and have been in the bathroom about 15 times since I ate them. I am taking the rest of them to my dad tomorrow. I love fried green tomatoes so much! They've about kilt me the last few times I have eaten them. I never want to go through this again..lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image