Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Diane inside my pickup this afternoon was 140f rolled windows down started it on turned on a/c took forever for it to cool off. egad @ Shirley I could have sworn we met when you came to visit Diane a few years back and the three of us went to a comedy club in Arlington why Guess the rest of my mind has left after all.. haha

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
awwwwwwwww she forgot Jimmy,, Guess she got hypnotized along with the others at the comedy show notme haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
awwwwwwwww she forgot Jimmy,, Guess she got hypnotized along with the others at the comedy show notme haha

I guess she did after all. shots haha

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
WOW that is some HIGH temperatures Diane & Jimmy. I sympathize with you both. We have hot here but generally not THAT hot.

We havge been lucky of late--we are actually having fall -like weather.

going to bed soon---so g'nite to you all---Sweet Dreams

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Guess I win the prize for meeting the most forum members...somewhere around 15.

It's rained here all day, which is fine with me. I was in 'the chair' most of the day. Can't wait to get my phlebotomy tomorrow...they didn't get much blood last time because it was too thick and clotting the needles. I always feel better after a good blood-letting. I had been off my aspirin (325mg daily) the last phlebotomy because of some tests I had to have done at the hospital last Monday (which turned into a disaster...thank God my mommy and daughter were there).

I have taken my sleepy pills...hope they kick in soon.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Took me so long to type that last post Junie posted and went to bed. I am soooo slow these days.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I hope the next blood letting goes well, Cindy. kissie

Sadly, I have not met any of the Forum Members, although I have talked to many on the phone & message several.

Perhaps one day I will get to do so...

it usually takes me a long time to post as well Cindy, so not to worry about how long it take you. And besides, I have not gone to bed yet---But soon, I need to go make Rod's lunch & then I will probably go to sleep. I surely need the rest....

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I type posts, then wander off and get distracted doing dishes or something. Then wander back and realize that I never hit submit.
Sweet dreams all. I never did nap today. But my hillside is getting cleaner every day. And it is getting watered.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good nite all,
I am glad I am not the only one that forgets to hit submit and wanders off to do stuff... happens more often than I care to admit...

We went today and got school supplies for the boys... $300.. and that doesn't include school fees.. Timba has a technology fee of $45.. this year...Carrie is going to have to get a second mortgage to get them thru high school at his rate... LOL!

Well I am hitting my pillows now... hope to actually sleep...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Normally I'm settling down and possibly even asleep by now but not tonight. I'm wide awake for no good reason at all. I never really did introduce myself to MJ. I'm Cheryl, I'm 34 years old, I'm a CNA currently working in home care and just got a job in an assisted living facility. I have three step kids, if I can still call them that. My husband and I are getting a divorce. Just separated two months ago. Twin girls who are almost 18 and I stay in regular contact with and a boy who is 14 but is too much of a daddy's boy, and at an awkward age, to keep in contact with me. Besides gardening I like to run, a lot. I like to do cross stitch, just recently learned how to knit, and I'm an avid reader. Probably more than you wanted to know about me but there it is.

I did get that job. Another low pay job but at least they provide benefits after 90 days. I just need to get the details of the benefits and make sure it's not just a disaster plan because I need insurance for my meds. Especially for the one that is nearly $500 for a months supply. That's the most important one too. Anyway, hope everyone has sweet dreams.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Congrats on getting your Job Cheryl,, Benefits seems to always take over the hours pay now days, we really don't have a choice. At least you have your foot in the door and and keep looking for other jobs with higher pay and benefits!

A few minutes ago I was reading here and the electricity flickered and then went out! shock I instantly thought OH NO,, I will have to stay home from work, I'm NOT leaving these boys here alone with no Elec , with triple digit heat! After about 3 minutes elec came back on. Whew!
Maybe the heat was just too much for the power grid here,?
Mary you said you still miss Tx , My Daughter in Ks wants me to move back there , I just can't! I can't take months of cold, I may complain about the heat, but cold for months on end I can't do it zoink . When I moved here it was for a job and milder winters, I'm so used to mild winters now, 6 wks compared to 3 or 4 months? I'll take the 6 wks of cold and triple digits of heat, lol Guess I'm a Tx girl now. :wink:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Jimmy!!! I am so sorry!!! Of course I remember meeting you and going to the comedy club!! I think I was brain dead when I typed that. I didn't mean to leave you out, not at all. Please forgive me?! lol kissie
I remember very well. That was a fun evening, and I remember how thoughtful you was showing me sights and letting me meet all of your various pets, while Diane was at work.
We had a good time.

Another one I forgot to mention was Cindy's daughter!!! Sorry!!

And another one I forgot to mention was Diane's sister!!! Sorry!!

I'm sorry, I'm getting old!! boohoo

Speaking of gray hair......mine is getting so much gray that I wish it would go complete snow white. I love white, white hair! Next Thurs I'm getting my hair cut off really short. I get so tired of always having to roll it up and it always looking a mess. The stylist said something about coloring it but I'm not going to do that anymore, unless she can make it white without it turning yellow or blue!

Mary, I'm glad someone gave you a quilt, they are very personal. I gave one of my sons and his wife a quilt that my grandmother had made and given to me. She made this way before I was born!! My daughter-in-law is very proud of it.
I have made each of my grandchildren a quilt besides helping my 13yr old granddaughter make one herself.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Congrats on the new job Cheryl.

Sure has been busy on here..nice to see the coffeehouses filling up so quickly again thumbup

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
Cheryl. I am so glad you got a job with some benefits. I hope the benefits work out for you.
Sunny, it is nice to see your contribution too. I really hope you get better and quickly.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Congrats on the new job Cheryl.. sad we have to go for benefits first but it is so important to have the insurance.... when my oldest was unemployed and no insurance she was without her meds for to long and was dangerously depressed... took her my doc and he gave her meds from the drug samples he got all the time.. did it for a yr till she had insurance again... you might ask your docs if they can do that... just a thought..

I love quilts too.. have one my great grandmother made... and one my mom made too... wish I had learned how to do it but didn't...

Well off to get busy...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Quilte:

I have one my MIL embroidered & the church quilted.
I have one my husband's Great Aunt made for him (she raised his dad)
I have a baby quilt that I embroidered the blocks of & my husband's Great Aunt put together & then quilted for my daughter.
Then I have a quilt that the same Great Aunt made from feed sack. THAT one is a keeper for sure.

I have a 60 inch Christmas tree skirt that I made & quilted.
I also made my 2 daughter's each one as well. one is pieced like mine, & the other is 1 whole piece of cloth. That one I have to quilt yet...I figure to do that after Christmas this year.

I am feeling much better today--not completley well but I can make myself do stuff today, which is good.

Getting warmer today & sunny--I think it is like 82 or 84 today---"I'll take that"

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Glad your feeling better Carol.
I have a quilt made by my great aunt.
Although it wasn't a quilt I made my first born granddaughter a full size blanket and pillow cases, as well as a baby blanket and toddler blanket, and toddler pillows, today she still uses the toddler pillows and now uses the full size blanket and she is 10 years old. So I guess my efforts paid off. On her full size blanket and Baby blanket I had her name and birth date embroidered on one side, which was heavy cotton material, then a thick fleece blanket sewed on the other side it turned out to be quite heavy blankets. I keep telling my self I'm going to make her sister a full size just haven't done it yet.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have a few family quilts. My grandmother made crazy quilts and I loved them all. Mostly because I recognized the fabric in them from her clothing and some of mine. I have some from my husband's great aunt to pass down to Jonni.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Oh Brother I saw on the News facebook is starting to place advertisements within our new feeds too,, enough already egad they are already on the side bar and will also stay on the side bar so why bog us down with all that crapp between our conversations ?
We see enough commercials on TV, bill boards, radio, pandora,youtube, games we play on the cell(unless we want to pay not to see them )
uhuhh

I'm so sick of ads rspb rolz every where I go even in the mail box,,, idea ,,Okay I can handle the ones in the mail, but everywhere else all the time is ridiculous.On the news it said we would be able to "hide some" and not show again, while other ads we can do Nothing about it. tapfoot

Wheeeeew I needed to vent about that,, kilroy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I use a Firefox/Chrome addon called "Social Fixer" and just disable them from showing... notme

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
how do I find that James?? to be sure I get the right one thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image