Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#373212 Jul 15th, 2013 at 06:07 AM
OP Offline
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/jwgamefan/image_zpsb6405e92.jpg

Some of the members on the forum identified it for me!
I opened up the door one morning and discovered this plant in my door frame. Someone had pulled it up out of potting soil, placed the root part in a Wal-Mart bag, and sat it there for us to take in. We get this all the time from a couple of our neighbors.. no stingys here! lol. Anyway.. I was looking around at pictures online and these look really beautiful when they bloom. Anyone had any? Would like to know what I can do to really take care of this plant.

There's two stems to it. One of them is about 16inches tall and the other is about 4 inches tall.. nearly 20 leaves or so on the plant.. I have it in a 6 inch pot.. again.. interested in learning about how to take care of this plant!

JWDCDad88 #373217 Jul 15th, 2013 at 08:29 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
AWB's prefer indirect sunlight indoors and partially shaded location when grown outdoors. They will not tolerate direct sun, full shade or breezy locations.
Since they are tropical plants, angel wings thrive on humidity. Keep the soil moist, but not soggy, more like a damp sponge at all times. A light mist of water each day or taking a potted begonia into the bathroom with you at shower time to bask in the humidity will encourage blooming. thumbup
During the active growing season (spring through fall) keep the plant fed with a steady diet of water soluble plant food mixed at one-fourth the recommended rate. As the plant grows, don't be in a rush to re-pot it as begonias bloom their best when they are slightly root bound. hifive
In the winter keep them away from the heat vents,, Dry air can harm a plant and bring spider mites, boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
JWDCDad88 #374019 Jul 27th, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Here is a pic of mine, it is outside and I will probably repot at end of season and bring in..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Also my Non Stop Begonia, the big red flower

[Linked Image]

JWDCDad88 #374026 Jul 28th, 2013 at 05:01 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
wowziers Beautiful Mary! I always have a problem with the lined baskets How do you keep it moist do you water dailey?? ( probably cuz I live here and it's so hot and dry boohoo)

We also have a forum called Gardener's Chat, you can find it under the Banter hall subforum there is a thread there called Blooming Fine, we post our outdoor plant blooms there as well thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
JWDCDad88 #374028 Jul 28th, 2013 at 05:41 AM
Thanks Diane...I will go check out the Gardener's Chat! I don't get a lot of opportunity to show anyone my plants, not enough visitors around here!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image