Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#373125 Jul 13th, 2013 at 09:59 AM
OP Offline
Hello. My name is Dave.
I love Jade plants and I have a few but things are not going too well.

I have a jade plant for the past 3 years and I trim it here and there when the tree goes in wrong directions. I then use the trimmed parts and plant them in pots. Well those guys are growing, growing up but the main stem is not strong enough and they end up going sideways and then down. What can I do to toughen up the plant to be more supportive.

Problem #2

I have these palm trees for a few years and all was going well. Well a month ago when the temps went up I took them outside again to the balcony. Both of them collapsed and became weak. There is new growth on top bu the rest of the leaves are just hanging down. I can not figure out if its lack of water or too much. I only water when the soil is dry, which is every 4-5 days.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Hi Dave,, welcome to the garden forum wavy

I've not had luck with jades so I will leave that for another member to answer.
The dragon tree on the last picture right side is a plant I've had for years.
I've never taken it out side, and it gets indirect light and plenty of room around it. It could be in shock for taking it out, just give it time and leave it where it is. It looks healthy mine is about the same size,, but they do need plenty of room around them and no direct sun for sure. It's leaves should start perking up soon but you have to remember it went from inside to out side, back to inside again, so now it has to double regroup. If they are doing well in a particular spot then that's where I would leave to keep it happy thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
OP Offline
Thank you for your response.
Both palm trees were outside on the same balcony last summer. I waited till the temps got back to 70's to take them both outside after the winter. I really want them to be happy. I have a feeling I might be over watering them, but a few times I watered them frequently and they liked it, for about a day or two.
During winter, they were inside our apartment and I would water them once every 2 weeks, they were happy with that and looked great. Since I took them outside and the temps are in 85-95F range, I water them every 3-4 days, as the soils dries up.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image