#372124 Jun 28th, 2013 at 06:35 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
OP Offline
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Earlier this week I enhanced the "Newest Visitors" and "Who's Online" islands to display more user data and display it for a longer period of time (as the "Who's Online" box would only show users who where on in the last twenty minutes).

As such these boxes have been relocated to the main page and index pages under the central content area. The central content area on some pages displays more data so, at times, these content boxes can appear in slightly different areas, but always at the bottom of the central content area.

I explained this in the shout box but it'll be scrolling off soon so I figured I'd post here as well.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
OP Offline
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I finally hunted down the setting and the Recently Visited box will now show up to 20 users (versus the 4 it was doing before); now that I know where the setting is I can adjust it as needed.

I also modified the island a bit more as well for cleanliness (the "key" wasn't needed since some members have custom name colors and the two admin's don't have the color specified anyway).

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Gremelin

I also modified the island a bit more as well for cleanliness (the "key" wasn't needed since some members have custom name colors and the two admin's don't have the color specified anyway).

Could you speak in laymens terms please?? There are a lot of oldsters here that don't have a clue what your saying egad lol What's the KEY??? and why don't the admin's have WHAT color specified,,what's the specified color?? and why wouldn't they since admin's can specify any color they want?? Figured noone else would ask so I did notme lol
* things people want to know but never ask*

WE'd like it better if you just said it to where we'd understand, as opposed to technical talk, It would impress us more, if you take our lack of tech' jargon into consideration. thumbup shewinks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
[quote=Gremelin]

WE'd like it better if you just said it to where we'd understand, as opposed to technical talk, It would impress us more, if you take our lack of tech' jargon into consideration. thumbup shewinks

yep--I agree---and after all the more of us that understand what all you have done for us, the better.

BTW: Thanks for fixing the "recently visited box" shewinks

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Originally Posted by angelblossom
[quote=Gremelin]

yep--I agree---and after all the more of us that understand what all you have done for us, the better.

for us or for what ever other reason,, somethings work "for us" members and some things don't - depends on what it is.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts

Could you speak in laymens terms please?? There are a lot of oldsters here that don't have a clue what your saying egad lol What's the KEY??? and why don't the admin's have WHAT color specified,,what's the specified color?? and why wouldn't they since admin's can specify any color they want?? Figured noone else would ask so I did notme lol

What Diane said! LOL Please explain these things so we can understand what you are trying to do for us, as we do appreciate it all, but sometimes do not "get" it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
OP Offline
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Well, admin's are "supposed" to be red, but I'm a blue but afgrey is red and several members have colors for their names (on posts, in the shoutbox, in the recently visited) so the "key" (or "legend") that shows (on the "recently visited" island) what the different colors are supposed to mean was incorrect since other colors are used and I figured it needed to go.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
okay NOW it makes sense thumbup clap..
Bill just tried to match our color of names with our picture with in the posts,,>> IF we wanted it. He gave us the options of what we wanted. Glad he did, it looks good this way. thumbup He individualized us so we didn't look all the same, and gave his regulars "pet names",, like mine is "a gnomes best friend" Lynne's is Purl one, because she knits, Carols is Frogger because she came to love frogs, just a special touch he wanted to do appreciating his regular members shewinks.
Thanks for 'splaning' it,, I appreciate it! grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image