Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#37237 May 3rd, 2007 at 07:50 PM
OP Offline
I have been ordering from this small seed company for years. They are very cheap. This year I had problems. First the seed mix wasn't in plastic bags and so it became dust in shipping and I got less out of it. Second it seems like the plants in it aren't growing well. Third the seed master thing I ordered didn't work and broke immediately. Fourth I called to add to my potato order and they acted like I was asking for the world. Fifth and most important, my potatoes finally came today, along with my gladiolus! So it appears they wanted to send the potatoes (couple weeks late!) when they could just send the rest of my order with it. I don't want my potatoes to wait and the glads to come early next year. The potato farms here planted at least 2 weeks ago and glads can't go out for 2 weeks. It seems pretty chinsy. So would you complain or just give special instructions next year? I still like them enough to order again if these things are fixed.

Deep Purple
2k Posts
Deep Purple
2k Posts
i'd contact the corporate office directly and speak with someone in the office of the president/ceo. or someone who handles customer relations there.

even if you weren't a previous customer, you weren't treated with respect and you certainly didn't receive proper customer service. the fact that you ARE a previous customer just makes what happened even worse!

they need to know what's happened and i'll bet you'll be very satisfied with how they handle it up at the corporate level.

if they don't handle it properly (as in, at the least, giving you something for free and/or refunding the cost of the potatoes, since they're useless to you at now that they are late), then you'll know that the problem wasn't just with the employees you dealt with when ordering (they're usually minimum wage, young, inexperienced and not properly trained. sometimes they just plain don't care, too) but that the problem is coming from a corporate attitude that has filtered down to everyone. if that's the case, then you'll want to find another supplier.

Zone 6b

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image