the word Mookies
is right, because the cookie is more like a muffin top Chocolate Chip Banana Mookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Make approximately 40 cookies
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2cup unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place butter, and sugars into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
4. Reduce speed to low. Add egg, applesauce, and vanilla and mix until combined.
5. Mix in banana. Add flour and mix until just combined.
6. Stir in oats and chocolate chips. Don’t fear, this dough is very moist.
7. Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop or 2 Tbs cookie scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets spacing about 2 inches apart. Using a fork, flatten the dough into a disk shape, they do not spread much.
8. Bake cookies until golden brown and just set, about 12 to 13 minutes.