Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#371791 Jun 21st, 2013 at 08:02 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Time for a new Coffee House,,
I've seen those blue orchids, thinking Really? rolz And Blue Sunflowers even.. touched How many disappointed customers will they have once it blooms again in white or what ever the mother plant color was as Lynne said. lol

I can only see manipulating the color for say a Wedding or special event. But to fool the public for those that don't know any different is just wrong.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #371800 Jun 21st, 2013 at 08:36 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I think I will make this a Movie weekend,, I want to see the New Hanson and Gretal movie that's out. 'Gonna have to make a run to Best buy and see what else is newly released. We usually throw a king size blanket on the living room floor get a lot of pillows and pile up to watch 3 or 4 movies in a row.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371802 Jun 21st, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
That sounds like so much fun, Diane!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371803 Jun 21st, 2013 at 10:50 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
we like to do that once in a while Lynne. We like grapes and cut up strawberries, and I make finger sandwiches . They have decided they want chicken salad tomorrow. So after chores are done in the morning we'll make the sandwiches. and have a movie marathon for the afternoon. thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371804 Jun 21st, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Those fake colored flowers sure are pretty for a while though. You'd think whomever sells them would be required to post them as dyed for a short while or something so a person will know what they're getting.

Have you guys seen Identify Thief with Jason Bateman? I think he's a good actor and I think I can get the movie on HBO on demand but sometimes the funny parts are all shown in the preview and then the rest of the movie is horrible.

Bestofour #371819 Jun 21st, 2013 at 10:30 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning--Rise & shine on this wonderful sunny day !!!! coffee

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #371833 Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:38 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning,
I had the strangest dream last night.
I was walking down the sidewalk passing a church, and a man comes out Praising God humbly and seeming ever so grateful, and he almost ran into me. He apologized and then started talking and we walked down the street together.
Suddenly we were in a hospital setting , I think I was visiting a friend, and I had other people I knew there but we were in like a lobby area/family setting area?,, weird,, can't figure out that area. Any way this man was still with me. I went to another side of the room and I heard the man tell a female I knew," sorry but I'm seeing someone, I can't go out with you" and I thought HMMMMM,, well at least he is honest. She was bold to ask him and didn't even know him.
He was nice looking about my age, tanned, with a close shaven beard. I went down a hall to visit some one, when I got back to the family area, he was still there and handed me a paper that showed who he was .Some kind of mini synopsis of his adult life.:a standup Christian Comedian, divorced with 2 kids boy and girl he was raising. He had a paper cut for some reason so I'm lookin for something to stop his bleeding and cover it. When I get back he informs me that when My friend asked him to go out with her sometime he declined because I'm the one he was to see and go out with, He has noone in his life, and knew God sent him out of church at that precise time to meet ME. Then I woke UP boohoo

I'm going on a walk today, BY a Church,, NO wait I'll go on a walk Sunday By a Church lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371835 Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
Good Morning,

I'm going on a walk today, BY a Church,, NO wait I'll go on a walk Sunday By a Church lol

Odd dream, esp with all the blood.--But, I do agree, walking by a church sounds like a plan !!

________

angelblossom #371837 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
WOW Diane - what a vivid dream. Don't you just hate when those types of dreams end - that weird feeling?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
plants 'n pots #371839 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 01:14 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
WOW Diane - what a vivid dream. Don't you just hate when those types of dreams end - that weird feeling?

yes why wake then?? NO FAIR<,,,, I used to study my dreams write then down. They say that last dream one has is the most vivid, most detailed, and one needs to concentrate on it before getting up if they want to remember it in as much detail as possible. I know that man was handsome, that I know lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371840 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 02:27 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
We've got the chicken salad done and chillin,, gonna make the run to Best buy to get some more movies. then it's Movie Time on Wingrove Drive! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371844 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 05:08 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
okay Don't get the New Hansel and Gretal movie, IF you don't like blood and gore,, Me and Julian had to leave the room my stomach couldn't take it. The older boys like it of course. Next we are watching Jack the giant slayer. Then Robots( animated like toy story).

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371845 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 07:19 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
OK, so here is a question-----a long time ago, I Printed out all the stories fo the Willy Village & all of it's inhabitants. shewinks

can ANYONE tell me where I put the binder that I put them all in ?? hmmmmmmmm ?? tapfoot because I sure do not know----- why

________

angelblossom #371846 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 07:30 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
oh no Carol I'm sure you'll find it . I never find things when I look too hard for them. Relax and you will remember grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371848 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 07:37 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Thanks, Diane

________

angelblossom #371849 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 08:24 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Jack and the Giant slayer is good,, ,, nice movie afternoon.
nothing planned for this evening or tomorrow,, feels like a week end, loving that!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371851 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Diane, so glad that you enjoyed at least some of the movies--and that you are having a nice weekend---

________

angelblossom #371862 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:13 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Thanks Carol,, Hoping your weekend was an easy one too grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371864 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
well it was restful for the most part...All I did today was make supper & now I am doing some laundry.

Tomorrow I think I am going to defrost the chest freezer----(if there is another freezer ever bought by us, it will be a self defrosting one.)

Nite-Nite to everyone...Sweet Dreams !!!

________

angelblossom #371867 Jun 22nd, 2013 at 09:09 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
good morning,, I got up earlier than I wanted to,, But I did get good sleep last night so it's okay.

I'm going to get Tre' up in a bit. He needs to mow our lawn front and back, and mow a neighbor's lawn down the street. After 10 am it starting to get hot out, I'd rather he do it before 10 so he doesn't get too over heated.
Mosquitoes are horrible this year. Last night when I took pictures of the moon I couldn't have been out longer than maybe 6 minutes and I got several bites.City had sprayed in some areas , they really need to spray over this area.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371882 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning all,
I slept in today... but then got up and started my taters and eggs for potato salad.. kids are all showing up today for a belated Father's day BBQ.. since we went to mtns last weekend...
Grandson got all moved in this last week too.. he got his transfer so at least he has his job.. starts on Tues again..

The fire closest to us is almost out now... they said it will be out tomorrow ... so glad.. now hoping they get the South Fork one out.. that bitty town is supported by the tourism and the whole town was evac ...

Joe goes back to work tomorrow . then is off Tues... Carrie went back today... hoping the meds worked this time and her shingles won't come back again... 3 diff antibiotics this time should do it I worry about her a lot.. Our Joseph bought and engagement ring for his girlfriend and asked her parents approval and got it... he is going to go to Cali the week of the 4th to propose and visit Katia... they are only 19 but have a clear plan of what they want and are doing what they need to get it so praying they can make it... she is in the Air Force and in school right now.

Well off to get my eggs out to cool and eat breakfast.. time for sec round of my meds then it's off to races to get tables and chairs out on deck and ready the yard for kids!

Nana

[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371883 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 02:22 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
wooo hooo Nana you are one busy Lady. So glad you got to the Mntn and got some R and R you time.
Nice your grandson is settling in and gets into a routine this week.
I've never had shingles but I'm told it is an awful burn/itch feeling.Hope those antibiotics work for Carrie so she'll get relief.
Young people that have a good head on their shoulders, know what they want, know how to achieve goals and do it, are good candidates for marriage even at 19 marriage can be long term successfully.I also believe with the right encouragement, mentors, and hard work young people can be successful at anything they set their mind to. thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371888 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 04:48 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you made in back safely, Nana. When I saw the South Fork fire on the news, I thought of you and wondered if it was close.
Busy Sunday, here. I hired someone to help with some land clearing outdoors. We will see how he works out.
Then this afternoon, Ted and I have a birthday party to attend. Fun stuff. Last week of summer school begins tomorrow then we have all of July off.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #371890 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 05:10 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
nana: Glad that you had a nice time on your "get away" and that the fires are beginning to be got under control. I hope they are all out very soon...That is a terrible situation.

Diane---sorry you were up early but glad that you got a good night's sleep.

Tina--have fun at your Birthday party--and kudos on hirirng someone to do some of your work---I hope the person works out & gets a lot accomplished for you.

Story: last night I was looking for my "Willy Village Book" (I printed off all the stories & put them in sheet protectors & then in a binder) and while in my one large closets, I knocked down a gift I had sitting on a shelf---It was a candle in a glass jar--it hit my bare foot & hurt 2 of my toes...They swelled up & began to tuen lt purple & I was worried, but this afternoon they seem to be better. I used cold on them last noight & soaked them in warm water this morning---(that worked best I think)

Today, DH & I defrosted my chest freezer--he helped & I must say it took longer ot unpack the freezer than it did to defrost it. he used my leaf blower on the ice--it was magic!!! I was in tehe middle of making water/soap to wash my freezer baskets with & he came in & said he was done & I could wash out the freezer now---- shewinks

________

angelblossom #371891 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 05:17 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I just rolled out of bed; been a long weekend...

Finally getting around to replying to the old thread and the beginning of this thread:
@Dodge: Yeah, I have to take a whole array of pills for diabetes so I do 5 weeks worth of pills at a time, saves me time and gives me time to have to get new pills if I run out and can't replenish everything.

@Angel: I wonder what they use to dye them blue, could be entertaining to freak out my neighbors "OMG EVERYTHING IS BLUE!"

Hansel and Grettle looked OK, but I imagine it's about as preposterous as "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter", don't even bother with it, it was completely worthless... If it was its own movie and had nothing to do about Abe and they rewrote a bit of it then maybe it could have stood a chance...

I try to do a sit down movie with Trey every week, no electronics other than the TV on... I'm hoping that once the guys do my yard that I can come up with some "outdoor projector" screen and we can do our movie out there since I just bought my friends old projector.

Sounds like a great dream though; I once read that every dream is a message from our subconscious since it's the only time we can really pay attention to it since our conscious mind pushes it back while we're awake (guess what I studied in college).

@Junie: Do you know where the stories existed before? I may be able to find them for you...

Sorry to hear about your toesies! I know how you feel though; I had several small tumors on both of my feet and they had to take my two large toe nails and the nail bed and sew the bed shut... You wouldn't believe how much pain tolerance and impact resistance a toenail provides... I swear, if I dropped a feather on my big toe I'd probably go into a cursing fit...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #371893 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 05:29 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh james, my toes are nothing in coparason to your problems---"ouch" for sure !!!

And about the stories, thanks--but...Diane wrote them & she put a link to them in the "Tribute to Bill" thread---but if I don't have to reprint them then so much the better, right ???..There are a LOT of pages that would need printed off---

________

Gremelin #371894 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 06:23 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Gremelin

@Dodge: Yeah, I have to take a whole array of pills for diabetes so I do 5 weeks worth of pills at a time, saves me time and gives me time to have to get new pills if I run out and can't replenish everything.

@Angel: I wonder what they use to dye them blue, could be entertaining to freak out my neighbors "OMG EVERYTHING IS BLUE!"

I try to do a sit down movie with Trey every week, no electronics other than the TV on... I'm hoping that once the guys do my yard that I can come up with some "outdoor projector" screen and we can do our movie out there since I just bought my friends old projector.

Sounds like a great dream though; I once read that every dream is a message from our subconscious since it's the only time we can really pay attention to it since our conscious mind pushes it back while we're awake (guess what I studied in college).

James they use regular food dye to 'recolor' cut flowers 20-40 drops per 2 cups of water depending how vibrant you want the change to be,, I don't know if there is a way to manipulate them While they are growing though.Other than the smaller pots the orchids were in: probably sat the pots down in a container of Blue colored water to be absorbed thru the roots to stems to flower already bloomed. why

we like the together time watching movies,, we also play board games,, and there is an APP on itunes that is called Heads UP Funny funny game interacting with the Ipod that we play charade with,, Good times for bonding and having fun!
I'd hate for you Carol to have to re print all those stories,, But at least they are still there for you!,
James I have a problem with the search I can't find things after two years?? BTW isn't that dangerous taking a month's supply of your pills at once? nervous

I studied Dreams as well, very interesting what we can interpret and what is just random thoughts and how many we actually have every night and the one or two we actually remember. zoink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371895 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 06:40 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
I don't "take" them at once, i fill my pill containers at once and i have 5 weeks worth of them lol...

I'm not sure why the search will only let you search for two years; the maximum timeframe is set to five... The oldest post in the db is from March 23, 2007 6:03:24 AM

The human psyche always fascinated me, I kinda went into computers based off of suggestions from mentors, otherwise I'd either be an architect or a psychologist at this stage in life lol...

Last edited by Gremelin; Jun 23rd, 2013 at 06:45 AM.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
angelblossom #371903 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 08:12 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
James I must be doing it wrong, first box says Newer than,, and second one says older than,, I put 5 on the first,, 4 on the second (years on both) it comes up with only admin' can do search LOL,, Most time I find what I'm looking for by looking whose on line, and spiders or crawlers are looking at what I'm trying to find,, it's happened enough to now I scroll all the way down on whose on line lol

Oh I was gonna say yikes from the way you wrote it earlier it sounded like you were actually taking them (meds) all at once,, egad lol

The human psyche always fascinated me, I kinda went into computers based off of suggestions from mentors, otherwise I'd either be an architect or a psychologist at this stage in life lol...

me too grin But I went into the Dental Laboratories based on how very well and quickly I passed the dexterity test upon interview in 1985 haha and since then I've always wondered what was the psychological reason why people didn't care better for their teeth. zoink lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371905 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Only fill in one of them... I normally just do "older than 1 day"

angelblossom #371906 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 11:15 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
ohhhhhhhh okay that's the trick! thumbup Thanks so much grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371916 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 12:38 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I'm going to bed,, Good night ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371922 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 01:55 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Diane--I have yet to look in the basement & under my beds--after that I guess I need to look into printing them off again---I wonder if I could somehow send them somewhere to get printed.. why

________

JunieGirl #371923 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 08:07 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Diane--I have yet to look in the basement & under my beds--after that I guess I need to look into printing them off again---I wonder if I could somehow send them somewhere to get printed.. why

Caol I pm'd you about that :wink:

Good Morning,, I didn't sleep well last night I kept waking up off and on,, I've got to get moving and get to work,, everyone have a good day wavy

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #371924 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 08:27 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Got my PM, Diane.

Well, ladies & gents, I am off to get ready to go with my sister today. Why we have to leave 1 hr & 45 minutes before her appt I will never know though. I think it takes like 1 hr to get to this Drs office.---

I wish everyone a nice day-----Don't work to hard wavy

________

angelblossom #371925 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 10:10 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. Last week of summer session for Teddy's school. We will have all of July off. I'd rather he had all of June off and July in school. The weather is better for garden work then. July is too hot to spend much time outdoors.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
angelblossom #371926 Jun 23rd, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all...took me a bit to catch up on y'all.

I still haven't been feeling the best so please excuse my absence. I do try to check in though so I won't fall to far behind.

Thanks to whomever shared and sent us some heat although it is going to be followed by heavy thunder storms tonight and for the next few days.

Hope you are all enjoying your Summer.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #371929 Jun 24th, 2013 at 04:05 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers

Thanks to whomever shared and sent us some heat although it is going to be followed by heavy thunder storms tonight and for the next few days.

You are welcome. Thank you for sending some coolness my way. Today's high is about 61* with cloudy, foggy stuff happening. It is to be followed by triple digits for quite a few days so I am enjoying it for sure.
I hope you keep safe in your weather and continue recovering in general. You are very missed.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
angelblossom #371930 Jun 24th, 2013 at 07:13 AM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hey everyone. On my way back to Seattle. Loved my vacation. Is ok to put a link to my blog here so you can see my pics if you want? I'm very happy for wifi on the plane. I could only read so much of my book. Happy to be online in the air.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
angelblossom #371931 Jun 24th, 2013 at 07:23 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Afternoon all,

It's warm here and will gladly send some to you Sunny... there is another fire going , so far very small not to far from my house.. maybe 5 miles... not liking this at all... so far no smoke or wind so it's not to bad here... the Black Forest fire is contained, the Gorge fire is too, the Lemon Gulch one is still going but on it's way to being contained and the one in South Fork is still going strong... we need our monsoons now... but weather forcast is not very hopeful right now..

We had a nice family day yesterday, kids all played well together... Derek had a small meltdown but used his techniques to calm himself and then was just fine... Nicoli slept thru the day.. his days and nights are reversed again... he went for his checkup today and the good news is he doesn't have a disease to explain his problems so now he has to have an MRI to see if they can "see" and abdominal migraine.. Carrie will have to feed him chocolate to induce one and they put him in the machine... poor kid... but if they confirm it they can medicate him to not have it happen any more ....
Glad to see Cheryl is almost home again... love your pics... miss the beauty of the desert... but not the heat... and we are going in July! but we have a pool handy both places we are going so that will help a lot..

Well off to start some supper- which is getting out the leftovers from the bbq... I just realized I didn't eat lunch today.... so we are eating early cause I am hungry!
Have a good evening all
Nana

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image