Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#371344 Jun 13th, 2013 at 12:47 AM
OP Offline
I live in MA, USA. I was a floriculture major in high school and often worked with waxflower in arrangements. There are some cut flowers on my table right now and one of them is waxflower. It reminded me how much I love them so I did a little research but couldn't find quite what I was looking for.

I was wondering if waxflower can be grown either indoors or outdoors in zone 6 and where I'd be able to purchase one?

Ive loved houseplants ever since I was a kid, my grandmother taught me. Majored in Floriculture in High School.
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I was wondering if you were referring to the flowers of hoya plants, as they are also referred to as wax flowers, but a google search showed me the correct flower. I then did an extensive search for you, but the only things that came up were a couple of wholesale places that wanted MEGA money for them, or ebay with 2 sellers in Australia.

I wonder why these are so difficult to find?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Just looked for it on dogpile.com, and while I didn't find any for sale, I did find this information about it - it wouldn't be hardy outdoors in zone 6. I am also in zone 6 here in NY.

chamelaucium

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
OP Offline
I'm fine growing it indoors if I could find it! It doesn't make much sense that they sell it frequently as a cut flower here but not as a growing plant. I wonder if it would survive a trip from Australia... haha but I'm am quite low on cash so I probably shouldn't.

I really appreciate all of your searching!! Thank you

Ive loved houseplants ever since I was a kid, my grandmother taught me. Majored in Floriculture in High School.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,813
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image