Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#371283 Jun 11th, 2013 at 10:42 PM
OP Offline
Hello people,
I have a lemon tree which has some problems and i can't figure it out what it is.
He is somewhere between 12-15 years old.
He never flowered.
I water once a week or once 2 weeks it depends how much does it take the soil to dry a bit.
I sometime use some nutrient "Citrus" (5-6-6)
Here are some pictures, hope you can tell me what's wrong.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best of wishes!

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Welcome Laurentiu ..
Do you ever take it outside in the spring and summer ? I remember a neighbor of mine saying they need 6-8 hours of sunlight, and a dry spell almost to the point of leaves wilting, then she would flush them with water until the water held and would stop draining.It worked for her but that is not to say it will for everyone,
Strange that after 12-15 years it has never bloomed at all. shock is it a Meyers Lemon tree??

Do you ever change the soil??? The better soil combination is
to make your own well-drained potting mixture. You can mix equal parts peat, and perlite or bark, you can add some sand to it but not much it could eventually affect your drainage. Or Go to your local nursery and get Citrus soil. When the lemon tree outgrows its pot every three to four years, it is best to use a fresh batch of potting mixture to replace the old medium. You can either move the tree to a larger pot or prune the roots and repot it in the same pot with new potting medium.
Lemon trees may tolerate somewhat poor soils,but they grow best in rich soils. The ideal soil pH for lemon trees is between 5.5 and 6.5. You can add lime to raise the soil pH or sulfur to lower it if you have a mixture that is too acidic or basic.You can also take a soil sample to your local nursery and have them analyze your soil for you.
They should receive fertilizer during their spring and summer growing season, but not during their dormant times in fall and winter. Begin fertilizing in March each year and stop by September. A slow-release citrus fertilizer works well for potted lemon trees. Fertilizers of different strengths will require different application amounts; apply the fertilizer in the amounts recommended by the manufacturer. If the lemon tree foliage has a rich green color, it is probably receiving enough fertilizer. Yellowing leaves are a sign of iron deficiency and overwatering.

Don't know if any of this helps you,, I wish you the best,, and hope someone else comes along and suggests what you can do.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image