Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#371215 Jun 10th, 2013 at 07:30 PM
OP Offline
Hello Members...
How are you all...
What are ways which help me in growing the black roses at home...
Is is easy to grow the black roses...

americandial #371233 Jun 11th, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Well, you don't just plant "black roses", generally you would start with a dark colored rose (such as a dark red rose) planted in partial shade and water it (try to water as close to the center as possible) with a "root dye" (1 tsp black food coloring per 5 cups of water) once every couple of weeks. After about a month the color should start appearing in the buds.

You'll have to decide if the color is dark enough after about a month, otherwise start applying your "root dye" every week or slightly increase the amount of food coloring.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #371239 Jun 11th, 2013 at 07:33 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
The only Black ( what growers refer to black)rose can only be grown in Halfeti, Turkey. Because of it's soils and climate on the river bank,is the only place where black rose grows in the world.It only give blossom twice a year only for fifteen days. And even still they are not a black BLACK color they are a very dark deep red/burgandy which is so dark they Appear to be black. ( Funny I found that info, BUT couldn't find any pictures from googling it to substantiate it lol
Any other roses that appear to be black has been manipulated with dyes as stated above. So In a nut shell no such thing as a TRUE Black rose. Why try to fool mother nature with dyes. zoink Just enjoy what mother nature gave us She had her reasons,, thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image