[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
well I just finished watching the last of my fav shows season finale.. it's gonna be a long summer,, * waiting 4 months for my shows to come back on* boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning breakfast

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
WOW really?? Noone posted in the COffeehouse all day shock Everyone Must be busy But this is a first zoink

Was Cindy ever able to get back in the garden forum from yesterday???

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning,, breakfast wavy
Today and tomorrow are half days for the boys at school, then school is out. I have to go to Julians school and get his albuteral ,nebulizer , mask and tubes, today. They won't sent it home with him. If I don't go get it they will throw it away shock

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G'morning----Today I have to take my MIL to a Check-up appt. at one of her Drs. Then after I take her home, I will go to my sister's & clean for her.--- ut that is not work--it is a good time.

Diane, I can see that they would not necessarily give the meds to a 7 yr old boy--but couldn't they come and hand them to you when you picked Julian up, --that or mail them to you?? sorry you have to make a special trip...

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
G'morning----

Diane, I can see that they would not necessarily give the meds to a 7 yr old boy--but couldn't they come and hand them to you when you picked Julian up, --that or mail them to you?? sorry you have to make a special trip...

I take Julian to a day care @ 6:30 every morning as I have to be @ work at 7 in another city,,( day care opens @ 6:30). the day care THEN takes him to school and picks him up from school I then get Julian from the day care after I get off work. So I have to go to the school to get it,, they won't send with the daycare driver because it has to be a parent to receive it. So I really do get that they don't give it to a child, But it won't hurt to leave it there til the next fall either,, I just have to make a special trip to take it back next year as I did this year lOL.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Gracious Diane---I am so very sorry---

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Yeah I've got 10 more years til he graduates lol I just hope Julian grows out of his asthma as he gets older,, right now a simple inhaler doesn't help him, and a nebulizer is necessary. Hard to believe Tre will be a Jr in High school next fall,, he is going to study the drivers hand book this summer maybe in August I'll take him to get his learner's permit zoink Lord have Mercy on me,, lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Here the last day of school is always June 12th, so we've got another week to go (it doesn't snow here, otherwise those pesky "Emergency School Days" at the end of the school calendar would get used lol).

Trey and I are both rather excited to not have to be up at 6 every morning lol... I'm not sure why they made it so Grade School is the first school open every day; it used to be the High School so that the HSers could take care of their siblings and be able to work earlier afternoon jobs, but somewhere along the way they changed it.

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I think they changed because HS'ers don't like to get up early. They don't perform as well.
I have been busy, Ted is in summer school this month but it is only 3 hours and a half hour away from home. I feel like I am driving all of the time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, you ARE driving all the time.

The main reason medicine can't be left at school over the summer is because during the summer cabinets, desks, chairs, boards, - all sorts of things get moved around because classrooms are reconfigured, floors are waxed, walls are painted and if the medicine cabinet happens to be left in an outside area in the heat some of the medicine may be compromised, if the medicine cabinet is dropped or falls some of the medicine might be broken or damaged, if the cabinet door lock gets broken some of the medicine may fall out and be lost. In NC it is actually against the law to have medicine left in the school because our medication consents, signed by both the doctor and parent, are only good for one school year, so the last day of school that medicine is not for use by anyone at the school over the summer or for anyone who returns the next year UNLESS a new consent is brought into the school sometime over the summer or the first day of school. And it's against the law - Dispensing Medicine Without A Doctor's Order - for anyone to give medicine the first day of the new school year without a signed medication consent. It's also a way to make sure dead beat parents, and believe me there are a lot of them, take their kid to the doc if they need to go to get a new prescription or to make sure they get a new consent signed so the kid won't be at school without medicine. I'm not saying I've never hidden medicine or taken it home with me over the summer when I've had a lazy [BLEEP], non caring parent that I knew wouldn't bring the medicine back and didn't care if their child ever went to the doctor again or not; and I'm not saying I've never given an inhaler without a current consent or that I've never pulled my own inhaler out of my purse and used it on a child because theirs was empty and even after 8 calls a parent didn't bring a new one, and I'm not saying I've never called a doctors office and begged a nurse for a new signed med consent even though that child was due for an appointment only to have an understanding nurse beg and understanding doctor and get a consent faxed (which is another rule that is often not followed - consents are supposed to be originals rather than faxed). A lot of parents are just plain sorry people.

And, another reason, which I find really said, is if school employees, including teachers, who are working at the school in the summer find out there is medicine in the health room they will steal it if they can. True.

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
"had a lazy [BLEEP], non caring parent that I knew wouldn't bring the medicine back"

yep all it takes it one lazy bleep and it's all down hill..... haha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
those darned lazy bleeps...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Sheri I do have to have a signed consent every fall form the Pediatrician for 2 of the boys.
And I have to bring in New Tubing and Mask or mouth piece,,( think I'll go with a Mouth piece next year since he is getting older) every fall Still in a Sealed Package,, and Julian's nebulizer has a Filter I change out every 3 months ,, more often than that IF he uses it more than the norm.. makes sense about how things can get moved around and Lost and possibly stolen, at schools over the summer. thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Yes, a fresh signed consent is necessary in our schools yearly. I needed one for Jonni's epipen and even , one year, for Ted's nutrition drinks I send in his lunch boxes daily. I only needed that one for a single year. I was going to squawk if they continued that. I also use to purchase his drinkable yogurts on sale and freeze them, I had one aide that refused to give it to him if the expiration dates were past due. I didn't fight it. I just put it into a little thermos/sippy cup for him. What I send in my kids' lunch boxes is my business as long as I'm not sending alcoholic beverages, etc.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Tina, in my county if a student is bringing their lunch we don't care. However, if they are only bringing part of their lunch, say like a desert or a special drink, and then buying a lunch too, it's not allowed without a doctors note. No kidding. I don't know who makes these stupid rules. I guess it's because some students are responsible for getting themselves up, dressed and to school every day and they have parents that will sue the school when the student who is bringing Pepsi and a Snickers to go along with their school lunch every day ends up weighing 500 pounds in 3rd grade. These are the same kids who bring a gun to school. Mom or dad were either still asleep when that kid left for school, or were stoned, or hung over, or still out partying from the night before. I've jumped back onto my soap box. I think a lot of parents belong in hell.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I agree Sheri, some parents do belong hell,, Our kids can bring lunch But can't bring a lunch AND eat from the school cafeteria. They can however purchase juice or milk,, No Soda/pop is allowed, and will be taken from them. Bottled water, juice or milk, that's it. What's weird is that a parent can eat with the students and can bring in McDonald's fatty foods or any fast food, but again NO soda's.. really? Seems like a contradiction to me, the emphasis is healthy food but parents can bring in greasy fatty fast food to eat with their child, touched

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Ted could have paid lunch and eat his boxed lunch as well. I keep money on his books so he can eat whatever suits his fancy. But he rarely does eat from the cafeteria. He will drink occasional juices, etc. Soda's are allowed in his school because it is used as an incentive in spec ed. Food is often an issue and weight is not so much except for the occasional student. I send bottled water for Ted that he keeps on his desk all day to sip. I do know that sodas are banned in some schools but it is not a district wide thing.
Sweet dreams all. I am off to sink into my pillows.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Last day of school.. I'll be so glad to drive home after work and not get slowed down in school zones for the next 3 months grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Woke up and it's raining,, It's difficult to get up when it rains,, I wanna stay in bed boohoo

Has anyone seen Sunflowers lately?? haven't seen her post in a bit now boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom

Has anyone seen Sunflowers lately?? haven't seen her post in a bit now boohoo

Never mind,, I know why she hasn't been here in a couple of days,, boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Diane, I love to sleep when it is raining as well...and I so love to sleep in the mornings----(not that I ever get to sleep then)

I am SOO very tired, so I think I will call it a night---

Sweet Dreams ya'll....wavy

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning TGIF flwr and Happy Birthday to faerywatcher I finally found her on FB,, clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
oh you did ?? that is great...How is Wendy ??? She was one of the first people to call me & chat when I joined...

Happy Friday-----I am getting taken to lunch today by my sister. isn't that nice of her ??

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
She's fine Carol and doing well,, still selling on Etsy and has started a New company called Eyefull Productions with more jewelry and themed items all can be viewed on FB. I've missed her loads,, we used to talk all the time on the phone,, so excited to have found her again.
Hope your lunch was delicious ,, it's fun spending time with sisters,, I wish I could just call Glenda and say Hey lets meet for lunch,, kinda hard to do 6-700 miles away. boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Evening all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful day... I got to sleep in today... cleaned bathrooms and that did it for my housework today... my grandson (older one he is 21) called me last night and asked if he could come stay with us for a month or so if he can get a transfer up here from colo springs.. he can't live with his dad and the roommate he has now parents are making the roomate move out so he can't afford the apt he has now... they own it so he won't have to break a lease but he can't afford another one on his own... we are going to let him come stay with some set rules...
Has to help around house and yard...
Clean up after himself and do his own laundry
No overnight visitors... no parties while we aren't here.
No drinking...

What do you all think... he has been a prob child in the past but has cleaned up his act a lot in the last yr or so and is going to college and was on honor roll last semester and worked two jobs at same time... he thinks if he can transfer his job he can save up enough for a studio apt in a month or so...

Well guess I better go and get something to eat.. can't eat brats with hubby- he is grilling himself some so think I will make a salad and a sandwich for myself...
Oh yes summer has arrived .. we are to be in the 90's next week so cooler is going in tomorrow... they said it may even hit triple digits next week.

Nana

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Nana, Stick to your rules,, Yes he has redeemed him self the last year and seems to be on the right path. But at the same time, he has to respect your home, your privacy, your health and well being. Any red flags and it should be addressed immediately. If red flags continue, he would have to find somewhere else. You are such a busy person, and have schedules you follow,and need to have YOU time and YOU and Joe time, without worry. Good Luck with this Sherri,, everyone deserves to be appreciated for changing for the better, Maybe his time has come to realize this past year, that to have a positive life you have to live a positive life . You're such a good Nana, kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Well Diane it takes a good Nana to know another and I know you are one! Thanks..
I think Matthew will do okay... when I talked to him on Skype he said he understood the rules and appreciates the faith we have in him to act accordingly... hopefully his General Mgr will find him a store to transfer to in the next couple weeks..

Joe and I are going up to Estes this next weekend to stay at our favorite B and B... so we will have some Us time too.... I have my list already of stuff to take, it's a small cabin with a kitchen so we take our food and wood for the campfire by the river, we really enjoy it up there,,, no phones, tv if we want and a lot of outdoors to enjoy and a hot tub right outside the bedroom door...

Well off to bed soon.. have some cooking to get done tomorrow... and the usual house stuff...
have a good night all... sleep well!
Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
Your vacation sounds lovely, Nana. Good luck with your grandson. Most kids need a helping hand at some point. I am glad yours there for yours.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #371074 Jun 7th, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Oh Nana have a wonderful time !!! enjoy it extra for all of us !!!

Today Rod is taking me to New Salem Park not too far from Springfield IL. (The childhood/early adult home) I prefer to "do" thing for my Birthday than to have a gift.

We were going somewhere tomorrow as well, but we are supposed to have severe weather again then so I think Dinner & a movie will be on tomorrows agenda.

GTG--DH on the rampage---Val's cat has thrown up in several places in the basement----

Everyone have a great day !!!!

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Val's kitty must have gotten hold of something bad,, to be soo sick,, Poor Kitty boohoo

Oh man I took a 5 hour nap this afternoon,, I never do that,, Boys said they kept checking on me,, and was gonna wake me up at 6 pm I woke up a few minutes before 6, lol I remember Tre taking my glasses off cuz I told him to not lay them down Lens down, notme
Earlier today I had a flat tire,, Once again Jimmy came to the rescue and brought his air compressor over and lifted that tire enough for me to get to discount tires, Thanks again Jimmy,, don't know what I'd do with out you. kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
WOIW< Diane, sounds like you needed some rest, so glad that you got it---Good for you!!!!

Wow a flat tire----so sorry--and yes glad that you had Jimmy there to help you. friends are always the best.

Nana--I meant to say earlier---I think children learn best from rules--& do not learn so much from parents, etc. that act like "good friends". I think that your ideas on letting your grandson stay with you are spot on--how can children learn if we do not teach--and to teach by example is one of the best forms of eduction.

Val said her kitty does that on purpose when she gets mad---I think that she either has/had hair balls or the wet food we were giving her for the last 3 days or so was not enough for her to eat----Today, Val finally had the time to go & buy "Tika" some dry food.

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Diane , glad you got some sleep you must have needed it ... sometimes we just crash... I know I do after a few nights of not sleeping well... I usually fall asleep watching tv...

Carol I am hoping this works out with my grandson.. his Dad is a real A******... he attacked him Christmas Day , so now he won't go back to see his little half brother unless he knows his dad isn't there... my daughters husband won't let him go there either because of the way he acted when he lived with them... he has grown up a lot since then so I think he will follow the rules here... he knows we will give second chances but won't put up with attitude...

Well hubby has the cooler in the window in preparation for the high 90's next week... I am freezing now ... LOL! so am going to head up to bed and close the door to get warm.. he is always warmer than me...

Have a good night all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Nana's15

Well hubby has the cooler in the window in preparation for the high 90's next week... I am freezing now ... LOL! so am going to head up to bed and close the door to get warm.. he is always warmer than me...

Have a good night all!
Nana

you know it is THE strangest thing....
in the winter I am so cold & need the heat up--but in the summer I am way too warm & need the A/C on & up high----that makes NO sense at all--but oh well

G'nite everyone--sweet dreams

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
It's raining pretty good this morning,, [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. No rain here but it is not as hot as it has been either. I will take it.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Gonna get in the kitchen and Bake a banana puddin cake, and a batch of sloppy joes for the boys to eat tomorrow while I'm at work,, we are expecting high temps this week, so I'd better do it now while it's still cool outside thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I agree with you, Diane--bake now while it is cool----then let them eat cold chicken & potato salad, etc. when it gets hot-----lunchmeat & chips for lunch is easy too---perhaps a bunch of cut up veggies to go along with---

In the winter I bake a lot of sweet breads, so when summer comes along, & can just get dessert out of the freezer....but then my DH LOVES his sweets

and when I do use the oven in summer, I cook 2 times as much & freeze half, for a later meal.

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Banana puddin cake is done, so is sloppy joes, meat loaf and Chicken salad for the first 3 days of the week,, then I start again. I'm Gonna make ham salad for sandwiches later in the week, and devil eggs, cut up broccoli and baby carrots with ranch dip for them to eat while I'm at work. Now that summer is here I have to do this every Sunday and Wednesday. I don't buy a lot of cookies and chips- stuff like that cuz the boys would fill up on it. zoink

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image