Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#370783 Jun 2nd, 2013 at 12:24 PM
OP Offline
I need help I have tiny white flying insects eating my potatoe plants. I'm new to growing potatoes. I went with growing them in barrels to save space. I have 4 half barrels on blocks next to my deck, I used bagged top soil and manure compost mixed 2 parts to 1. Three barrles doing great but the forth one is getting ate up by these bugs. Can someone tell me how to get rid of these little distructive creatures? Before I lose all my plants. Thanks

Weatherby01 #370786 Jun 2nd, 2013 at 02:59 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Online Cool
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Sounds like you may have Aphids.

There are a lot of home remedies to get rid of them, such as: Take 1 cup of vegetable oil (or mineral oil), 1 and 1/2 cups of water, and 2 teaspoons of dish soap and combine in a spray bottle; spray onto aphids and apply for several days.

There are also insecticides but I'd try my best to stay away from those, especially with food related items; I like trying to keep everything as organic as possible...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image