Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sunflowers #369546 May 9th, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
It rained here yesterday--dry her so far--- why

I am so drained---anyone want to run away from home with me ???

I just wanna eat, sleep, read & sight-see for say a week or 2.

My youngest DD is going to move this weekend, so we will be helping her both days---can you say Happy Mother's Day ???--

Valarie will not be around---they will spend the weekend with her DH's mother---The only good news is, I am the designated "watcher & care-taker" of Luke.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
afgreyparrot #369550 May 10th, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
wavy Good morning.

It is beautiful and sunny and warm, yesterday and today.

This evening I'm walking down to the farmers market where there will be music and crafts and free strawberry ice cream etc. It is called Strawberry Festival. I'll run into my grandkids and their mother, and maybe my son if he calls me after work and I remind him about it. There's also a bluegrass group playing at the old train station nearby where he might prefer to go.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
afgreyparrot #369555 May 10th, 2013 at 01:48 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Rain is a blessing in comparison, Sunny.
Remember to take care of yourself in there, too, Carol.
That sounds like a lovely evening, Shirley.
We will have a warm weekend. I have a mess of chicken thighs baking in the oven right now because I know I won't want to heat up my house later. I don't think we have any plans for mother's day much. We will meet and eat and just hang around. I will plant the fruit trees I bought for myself. Life is good.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
afgreyparrot #369575 May 10th, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Evening all,

I have been doing a lot of back and forth this last week with the kids and kidlets.. had a lot of rain too... our yard is really green! roses are greening up and have a couple tulips blooming- my poor daffys just bent down from all the snow and never got up again... oh well maybe next yr..

Carrie surprised me today with a pedicure... and deluxe one with sugar scrub and hot rock massage and even paraffin wax--- my feet feel wonderful! and I had my nails done in purple for my Mom -- was her favorite color...

We are going a bbq on Sun with all the kids and even Carrie's mil .. her hubby has to work so we will all get together in my backyard... kids can run around to their hearts content.. should be in 70's by then... Carrie's car has something wrong with it and my son is going to try to fix it for her... she wants to buy a new one but not till Jan if he can get it fixed ...

Nicoli has to have an upper gi on Mon.. he has had so many bad episodes in the last 3 weeks of the nausea and pain... doc thinks he may have something called abdominal migrains ,it's very rare and unusual in boys but it does happen ... it's treatable so when they do the test we should know very quickly if thats it... the school said they can't promote him since he has missed way to much this yr... but hopefully he will do better if we can get him on the right meds..

Derek is doing a little better.. has some bad days but is handling them better. Carrie is hoping to get him covered by Medicaid soon so he can have the testing.. her insurance won't cover it and it's over 3000.. we all think he has Aspergers and if we have it diagnosed the school will help a lot more with his needs and he can have a lot more help to cope... so keep you fingers crossed that this happens...

Well off to clean up my kitchen, got to clean house tomorrow and make some tater salad for our bbq..

Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369582 May 10th, 2013 at 12:44 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Shirley I bet you had a great time, that's something I would enjoy too clap

WOW Nana you got treated like a Queen and well deserved for as much as you do kissie
Prayers for Nicoli, poor Fella,, I hope they can get treatment quickly and effectively .
Here at our schools(grade schools) they do all testing for Aspergers within the school system, provided the school principle requests it,and the child hasn't any former testing for it. I can't think of the name of the program but I understood it was nation wide.They thought Julian had a mild form of it and was tested but fell below the minimal symptoms, the testing took a while to do, plus psychologist and therapy, he is on meds but still has melt downs and bad days, just not as severe as they used to be. This had been a good year for him compared to last year. And we have been thru several different meds.
If you want I can find out the name of the program or have your daughter ask the Principle of the school, if CO has that program.It doesn't cost the parents anything regardless of income.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
afgreyparrot #369584 May 10th, 2013 at 01:28 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Our schools have to do testing at the request of the parent. No cost. It just takes them a while to get it done. It won't get done unless parents request it. I hope they can get a bead on both boys problems soon and get them the help they need.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #369585 May 10th, 2013 at 02:19 PM
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sorry I haven't been around. Not doing so well overall.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
afgreyparrot #369607 May 11th, 2013 at 03:25 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
So sorry Cheryl,, I know it's tough for you right now,, Just look ahead and envision where you want to be and make it happen,, that's what worked for me to keep me motivated and moving when I felt like I just couldn't do another day with the burdens I was carrying. Just look ahead, not down, not back, just ahead. kissie

I slept til noon today,,, after being sick all week I only worked 1 1/2 days , I guess I simply needed it, Boys were quiet,, thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369634 May 11th, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Evening all,

I have been puttering around today- made tater and pasta salads for tomorrow... rest kids are bringing.... Joe came home from work today and is vacumming the house for me .. my back just won't let me do anything else today... wishing I had some heavy duty painkillers right now but motrin will have to do for the moment... took a hot bath and that helped some and have a icyhot patch on it now too... hopefully that will all kick in and let me sleep... this getting old isn't for sissies!

Diane would love to know the name of the program.. our school system isn't very good at volunteering information for sure... even though it would benefit them to get extra funding for Derek's help... Carrie is seriously considering having him do online school next year ... especially since the school would have to pay for it...

I went out for a while today and sat on my swing and enjoyed the birds singing and watched a silly squirrel go back and forth across the high part of the back yard .. he would go sit on the stump of a tree, then go back under my lilac that is leafing out and sit then dash out and up the tree , then he would come down and do it over again... nice to have a warm day after all the rainy ones... supposed to get to 75* tomorrow ... nice for our family bbq...
Well off to see whats on tv and then hit my pillows... tomorrow will be fun but makes for a long day...

Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369636 May 11th, 2013 at 01:18 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sounds like you are going to have a lovely day tomorrow, Nana. Take it easy and let the kids do it all. It is your day.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #369641 May 11th, 2013 at 09:49 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Just in to say Hi..I have been very busy.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone kissie

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
afgreyparrot #369643 May 11th, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Thanks Tina, I will try to to let them do it all but after all my girls are Mother's too, my son is hopefully going to work on Carrie's Durango and fix it... I only have to get the condiments ready for our bbq today and set up the tables outside...

And twin proof the house- put the laptops away... lock my office door... they are ususally good but if they are out of sight they will get into things they shouldn't...

Well off to get my breakfast and coffee... take the rest of the meds and get busy .... have a wonderful Mother's Day All..

Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369645 May 11th, 2013 at 11:47 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
good morning,, I really wanted to sleep in But got woke up with a text at 7 am,, boohoo boohoo whyyyyy on a Sunday,, 7 am really?? egad

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #369662 May 12th, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Hi all HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the moms.
I am posting this HERE because I am never sure if anyone goes to the plant section.
I am in Michigan, and we have had a nice spring, the past 2 weeks things are coming up nicely, it has been in the 70s. WEll yesterday it was hight of 42 today 43. LAst night it got to 38. Tonight they are threatening 28. OH MY~ NOO
I have some awesome Perennials that are just getting going, they are established more than 2 years, but still at the young tender stage of spring growth, Although all my trees are flowering. IT is supposed to get back to the 60s tomorrow. But it is tonight.
Are they going to make it? We got a lot of rain on Thursday so the ground is very wet which I hear is a good thing. Should I be out there wetting them down more tonight? I have read that is the answer, or just leave them alone?
prayers Well I guess I will just pray it is not bad and they are strong enough.
tears prayers

Last edited by Ditchy; May 12th, 2013 at 10:59 AM.

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369673 May 12th, 2013 at 07:56 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good morning,, starting another work week, thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369677 May 12th, 2013 at 08:08 PM
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Well I guess I do not come here often enough, Not a single reply.
Too afraid to go look at all the plants, the buds on the lilac are gone.

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369678 May 12th, 2013 at 09:02 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
And welcome back, Ditchy (Kim?) I hope your gardens make it through a freeze. I hope it doesn't freeze at all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #369680 May 12th, 2013 at 09:10 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
The weather is so mixed up everywhere.

Cooler today but a great day for clothes line drying.

afgreyparrot #369681 May 12th, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Ditchy - we, too, are under a freeze warning for tonight. Our high for today is only supposed to be around 57. We should be into the 70's now. I am also very fearful for all my established perennials that are growing quite nicely already, plus I have a rose bush and huge foxglove that I need to plant but will have to find room in the crowded garage for the next few nights. Will also have to bring in all the seedlings that I had started indoors but moved outside to harden off.

I keep asking... what is Mother Nature so upset about lately?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ditchy #369685 May 12th, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Ditchy
Well I guess I do not come here often enough, Not a single reply.
Too afraid to go look at all the plants, the buds on the lilac are gone.

Kim, people do not come around as often as in the past, do not take it personally---plus it was a holiday & as you remember, spring has everyone out side more and on the computer less.

I hope your Mother's day was a good one.

Sorry to hear about the cold weather-----that is so discouraging. Is there time for lilac buds to re-make ??? would that even happen (I know little about lilacs)

I think it will be a quiet day here...I was supposed to go with my friend plant buying---she wanted me to help pick her flowers for a pot, but I have not heard form her yet..so I may well jsut do a bit at home for me.

________

plants 'n pots #369686 May 12th, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good morning Lynne--I hope you get your foxglove & your rose indoors soon enough---and yes, I agree Mother nature is upset about something.

________

JunieGirl #369697 May 13th, 2013 at 09:14 AM
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Well as I am not a Mother and have no mother I do not celebrate.
BUT I have not been on here in a few weeks, I just used to see folks more,
But luckily the perennials bounced back. The lilac blossoms were not all the way out, and while the leaves bounced back, I doubt the flowers will bloom Lost all the new buds coming out on my Trumpet vine, But it may come back.
It got to 29. IT was warm today and it is not supposed to be that cold tonight, So I am crossing my fingers.
The maple leaves were JUST coming out and they were very new, They look pretty crappy but I hope they will bounce back, They are still wilty after a whole day.

[Linked Image]
Ditchy #369698 May 13th, 2013 at 09:22 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I've had my heat on for days...which reminds me I need to change the furnace filter.
...guess I should go do that right now while I'm thinking about it.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #369710 May 13th, 2013 at 02:19 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
We had the A/C on for a few days then back to heat then one day of fans & open windows---& back to the heat---now the next 2 days are going to be 90 & around there. I am going to bed in winter jammies & I will wear shorts & a short-sleeved shirt tomorrow...Silly weather....

Good night everyone sweet dreams......

________

afgreyparrot #369711 May 13th, 2013 at 07:48 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
that's how our weather here has been Carol,From the 30's to the 80's to the 40's and 50's back to high 80's, all in a few days time,, no wonder we are all still or getting sick.

Good Morning Btw breakfast

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369713 May 13th, 2013 at 08:31 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It was hot here yesterday. And should be still warm today. We have had several wildfires around already. We should still get several more moderate weeks before summer really hits though.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #369717 May 13th, 2013 at 09:38 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Keep safe Tina.

So far we've only had one day where we didn't need to light the woodstove...the weather jumps back and forth but it stays damp.

I need to get my potato seed in the ground today...the weather isn't really the best but I need the amount of days to harvest. Gardening here is such a challenge.

Sunflowers #369720 May 13th, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I actually get to go to Ceramics today----so I think I will go plum crazy & go out to eat afterwards with the girls...

SHHHHH dont tell anyone, else someone will surely call me with something for me to do for them.

It is supposed to be up to 90 today----then come wednesday, thursday & friday we are to have storms. Then nice on saturday & back to rain on Sunday & Monday. I have a feeling once this rainy cycle stops we will go into drought mode.

Kim, so sorry that I forgot about you not being a MOM---I usually write that stuff down on my book, so I don't make such mistakes---So sorry.

catch you all later---g'bye.

________

afgreyparrot #369722 May 14th, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good Morning,

It's a beautiful day here today.. going to be 87 they say... so nice..... we spent yesterday morning at the hospital getting Nicoli's uppers GI done- hopefully they will call with results today too... sure hope they have answers..... he did well with it and came out with a smile on his face... said they told him the barium was strawberry but he whispered in my ear,,, Nana it was just pink and no strawberry at all....guess they think kids are dumb.... LOL! smart kid...

I have to go to Kohls today and take the shoes we bought him back and get some for me- he didn't like them.. and chose other ones... kids! oh well I need some new ones anyway...

We had a good day on Mother's day.. celebrated Timbas 12 birthday too... he is getting so big and mature... even the twins were better behaved than usual.. they put both of them on meds and helped them calm down... they even played baseball with the other boys and took turns.. pretty amazing for them... and sat and ate without wandering ... JR even tried watermelon .. and liked it.. he has a lot of food issues so getting him to try even a bite of something is a good thing... Dylan will eat a lot of things so he is a lot easier to feed...

Oh well better get myself moving... shoes won't walk themselves back to store.... LOL!

Have a wonderful day all!
Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369726 May 14th, 2013 at 02:29 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
got roses for mothers day.
[Linked Image] 2 dozen

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
afgreyparrot #369727 May 14th, 2013 at 02:33 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
ok I'm taking my sweaty butt to the pool...later y'all

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
afgreyparrot #369729 May 14th, 2013 at 03:43 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Lovely roses, Belinda.
It is busy days. I have a couple of fruit trees I want to plant soon. I meant to today but the morning got away from me. Maybe tomorrow.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #369730 May 14th, 2013 at 04:39 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
thanks Tina. Got back from the pool, suppose to rain this after noon.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
afgreyparrot #369766 May 14th, 2013 at 08:15 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning wavy ,, Beautiful roses Belinda grin

pay day today party first time in a long time No bills come out of this check, it's getting Banked,, All of it hifive grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369771 May 14th, 2013 at 09:17 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning.

What kind of fruit trees Tina?

afgreyparrot #369773 May 14th, 2013 at 09:40 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. It is so much cooler and nicer today. I am replacing an apricot and a plum tree. Both of which died on me a few years ago. I found that I need to repair a water line to the area that I want to plant them in first. Hopefully, that will be done today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #369782 May 15th, 2013 at 09:15 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
storms are coming,, tornado watches going on everywhere in this area of N. Tx,, Golf ball sized hail,, Here we go folks,, into the Tornado season,,Yikesss egad[Linked Image]

Last edited by angelblossom; May 15th, 2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Just put a tornado warning out confirmed !

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369783 May 15th, 2013 at 09:36 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Be safe Diane!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369788 May 15th, 2013 at 09:45 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Thanks Lynne,,well starting to rain now,, I have the boys around me,, and just using the battery of the lap top,, said tornado is moving 15 MPH,, headed towards Grandprairie where I used to live...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369790 May 15th, 2013 at 10:10 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
tarrant county officially under tornado warning,, That's my county nervous

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,856
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,006
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image