Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#369128 May 2nd, 2013 at 01:24 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
nooo

Last edited by afgreyparrot; May 7th, 2013 at 01:15 PM.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #369144 May 2nd, 2013 at 08:03 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
good Morning,, wavy

It's gonna be a long day,,
Tre has his yearly Tennis Banquet tonight at the University of Arlington. It starts at 6:30pm -10 pm,awards, scholarships,for Tennis players, and games, activities for everyone.
I hope my day at work isn't tiring,, seems lately when I get off work I'm exhausted, because I really want to enjoy this banquet without yawning too much,, zoink lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #369146 May 2nd, 2013 at 08:57 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I wish you a good day, so you are not over tired tonight, Diane---Heavens knows why I am up, because I sure do not... rolz

query: I have a direct link to TGH forums on my desktop. so when I came here this morning, all I see is the main forums, (& just barely the name "Banter Hall"--nothing below and nothing on the side bar was showing)--no shout box or anything----
I looked, & yep I was still logged in---so when I clicked on Banter Hall---it went there & now all is as it was supposed to be.

Does anyone have any idea what is up with that ??

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
afgreyparrot #369147 May 2nd, 2013 at 09:45 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I haven't a clue, Carol. It sounds a little like a cache cleaning may be needed.
Good morning. I am glad it is Friday as well. I will take Ted to school and stop for some juices and things to drink this weekend. I have yard and housework to do. So it will be a busy few days.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #369155 May 3rd, 2013 at 01:41 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I have no clue, either. That happens to me a lot of Facebook.

I'm about ready for a nap...got beans and ham cooking, I can turn those down to simmer. Started to open the windows awhile ago but there were wasps inside my bedroom window, so I guess no more opening the windows anymore this summer. boohoo I keep my Epi-Pen handy, but would rather not have to use it then have to go to the hospital. Napping sounds much better... snooz

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #369156 May 3rd, 2013 at 02:57 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Hi all...my snow is all gone grin

The weather has been beautiful all week, makes a person feel better that's for sure. Now if my knee would only heal so I could get outdoors and rake the ditch.

Tina, a sulker chimney is a three wall. We were told that a whole new set up is about $2000, not what we wanted to hear but our brick chimney must be torn down this summer. Everyone here has given up on the brick work and just get the three wall installed. I swear house repairs are wearing us out.

Be careful of those bugs Cindy.

Hope you all have a nice weekend planned.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Sunflowers #369158 May 3rd, 2013 at 05:06 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Crappy weather for the Kentucky Derby tomorrow....but I'm not going so it's not going to effect me.

Here's my kitties....they were sleeping so nice til I woke them up with the camera.
BAD mommy!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #369159 May 3rd, 2013 at 05:12 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
I got a call saying that my computer was under attack at that very moment. I have dial-up there are some things that aren't possible and one is an attack over the internet when I'm on the phone.

You might want to watch out for this phone call. Needless to say the voice on the other end of the line sounded Indian. Not to profile or anything.

[Linked Image]
tkhooper #369160 May 3rd, 2013 at 05:20 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I have heard of that scam, Hooper.
Glad you didn't fall for it!

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #369161 May 3rd, 2013 at 05:33 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I actually got a similar call a few days ago. No dial up but I didn't believe him and told them not to call again.
Sweet kitties, Cindy.
Sunny, is your chimney for a single story? Is that for tearing down the old brick as well? Is your pipe a six or eight inch setup? (Sorry, I'll leave the conversions to you). It is sad when you are told you have to mess with something that works and do something that is newer.
We are in for the day. It is Ted's 19th birthday. I even have cake which is rare. I have some gifts for him. But we do not do birthdays up big here. Ted doesn't care that much.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #369162 May 3rd, 2013 at 05:51 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
yes beautiful kitties, Cindy--
I did not get a phone call but if you look in Banter hall you will see I asked James about a pop-up box I got--looked legit & everything--but it did not act quite like my SIL said it would if there was a problem. (I have a new anti-virus program & was not familiar with it yet) so I ran a scan, asked james & my girls---My sister said it was a scam to sell me protection software----so I just deleted it & moved on-----

BTW: My scan came back clean.

raining & chilly here--- rolz egad

________

afgreyparrot #369171 May 3rd, 2013 at 12:03 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
we left the tennis banquet @ 9;30,, I just couldn't hang any more and got a terrible headache and had 5 minute coughs, every 1/2 hour,, so embarrassing,, blush badday Tre didn't get any awards this year but I'm proud of him just the same,, kissie I'm going to bed in a few minutes,, Good Night snooz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369191 May 3rd, 2013 at 11:05 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Morning I got to sleep in a bit this morning,, at least til 8 AM,, clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #369192 May 3rd, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
went to bed at 2. DH woke me at a bit after 8. At least he had a cup of coffee for me in his hand. bad news ?? he tied out Thor (Val's BIG Siberian Husky) so he could dig up my flowers (read hosta's & also the sedumn that Lynne sent me.

He said no one told him to then put Thor in the dog pen---I have to wonder if he wondered why the tie o ut was in the pen to begin with...

everyone have a nice day....
I will be so busy the next several days, I have no idea when you will see me next, but never worry I am fine---

________

afgreyparrot #369204 May 4th, 2013 at 01:27 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Off to go pay bills and run saturday errands,, rolz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369263 May 4th, 2013 at 01:03 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I think I'll go make me a cup of bigelows constant comment Tea with honey and lay down to watch tv til it watches me,, snooz

Good Night Friends,, and...
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369272 May 4th, 2013 at 11:13 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I think we may get a little rain sometime in the next 3 days. Every drop counts here in this dry, early fire season.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #369318 May 5th, 2013 at 12:34 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
It was a decent day with Jasmine visiting the boys here. At the last minute she called and said she needed me to pick her up at greyhound bus station in downtown Dallas, Not prepared to leave the house today I was somewhat irritated because she had already told me she had a ride from Dallas. rolz and I was in the middle of doing things here.

She brings Tre and Breyton new gifts and Julian a couple of Used coloring books for his BD,, shock WHAT??? Julian's eye welled up. He went to my craft closet to get crayons, I ran to my purse got a 10$ bill out and put in inside one of the used coloring books,, Julian looked so sad when he came back from the closet tears

I told him Lets look and see what we can color together okay? He reluctantly opened the C book while wiping his big blue eyes,, that I had slipped the 10 in ( Jasmines' in Tre's room watching him play XBOX)
Julian came upon the $10 and said " YES,, I get it ,,it was a joke Huh Grandma?" I said,, Wellllll I guess it was." Go tell Jasmine Thank you and come back and color a page with me okay? He told her thank you but didn't mention the $10, and he was okay after that.
That's a dang shame I still have to cover her mistakes. She will never know I put the $10 in there,, neither will he. BUT I did tell her as I walked her out,, that next time she comes around BD time for her kids to concentrate on the child who's BD it is in all fairness to that child. Save $$ and get that child something he will appreciate that came from you. She said Yeah I ran out of money after I spent on Breyton and Tre,, I asked why didn't you just get Julian something, the older two would have understood that totally. She just shrugged her shoulder,, Geeeeeez,, rolz
I think maybe she realizes the because I got Julian so young he looks at me as Mama now,, and she has disconnected herself from Julian based on that,, it's a shame cuz he was looking forward to seeing her,, however he did Address her as "jasmine' a couple of times,, she just rolled her eyes and corrected him.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
angelblossom #369319 May 5th, 2013 at 01:03 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Sad.... tears

But so glad they have YOU! kissie

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #369324 May 5th, 2013 at 07:51 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
So not feeling good, I've had a headache over 24 hours now,, and coughing to the point I cant catch my breath, I hate that,, but going to work never the less and see how things go,,

changed my mind,, I"m Not going to work,, this time I'm not going to push my self and end back up in the hospital, going to stay home and give my self breathing treatments every 4 hours

Last edited by angelblossom; May 5th, 2013 at 08:09 PM. Reason: changed mind

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369325 May 5th, 2013 at 09:05 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning.

Praying this passes quick Diane kissie Try rest up today. Also so sad to hear about what Jasmine did..some people just never learn.

Tina, it is for a single story..8 inch. That price is just for the chimney..no tear down or even installation. Just a 'pick up and do yourself' job.

Sorry about the damage to the plants Juniegirl...so maddening.

afgreyparrot #369327 May 5th, 2013 at 09:45 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
Yes, 8 inch is much more costly than the 6. And doing it yourself is relatively easy. But that still is a lot of cash to put out. I am sorry it needs to be done, Sunny.
I was up in the night and waking this morning was a struggle. But up, I am. I can nap later today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #369329 May 5th, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Diane - you remain my hero! Your quick thinking, even while you are not feeling well, saved that little boy's heart. I am in awe of what you come up with on the spur of the moment for your boys. Yes, YOUR boys!

I am so glad you decided to stay home today, and I hope the treatments get you back on track soon. You don't have to be superwoman everyday - you totally deserve a day to catch up on your health so you can continue to do right for yourself and the boys.

It's a cloudy cool day here today. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, which is badly needed. They said on the weather last night that we are already 5 inches below normal in the reservoirs. I find that so hard to believe what with all the snow we had this past winter, and how late we had snow!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369334 May 5th, 2013 at 11:27 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
thanks Lynne,, those boys have had their hearts broken over and over again,, she once used to favor Julian now she is favoring the older two,, which means I have to adjust to it as well as the boys do,, Breyton even said,, I'll give Julian my gift,, I don't need it,, I told him to keep it,, Breyton was disgusted by the whole thing,, Tre on the other hand is a teenage so it's ALL about Him right now.
Yes I need to take care of me so I can continue caring for those kids,, it's doesn't matter if I'm sick or not,, i can't stand seeing a little kid get his feeling hurt, especially by someone that he was looking forward to seeing, It was just a reaction I didn't think about it I just did it.
well I've had my first breathing treatment gonna lay down for 4 hours and get up and do it again. Jimmy is going to pick Julian up after school and bring him home, so I don't have to get out. I'm sooooo grateful for Jimmy you don't even know!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369335 May 5th, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
I've said this repeatedly... Jimmy is such a sweetheart! You both are so lucky to have each other! Give that man a hug for me! ;-)

Have a good rest, Diane. I am going to start some seeds that I've had for many years just to see if any germinate. Could be interesting...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369377 May 7th, 2013 at 03:15 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Such a busy morning here. Making up for yesterday when I turned into a vegetable. I didn't do much at all yesterday besides cleaning a bathroom.
I am rocking today, though. Dinner is planned out and I will go to pick up Teddy from school in a few.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #369391 May 7th, 2013 at 08:15 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I went to work for 1/2 day,, Nose still running, headache off and on, still coughing, and now losing my voice. I managed to get all of today's work done, and all of tomorrows, good thing I always prep ahead by two days, My Boss told me at lunch time,, to go home, that I shouldn't have came tho he appreciates me showing up go on home and get to feeling better. Don't think I will go in tomorrow at all. I would like to sleep all day tomorrow and just rest. boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369395 May 7th, 2013 at 08:25 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Get better soon Diane kissie

The weather has been beautiful, warmer than July. Such a welcome treat.

Sunflowers #369401 May 7th, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Company is gone now---I am currently washing the bed clothes, getting it ready for my oldest DD to return to her bedroom upstairs. Then I have other cleaning to do.

later this afternoon or tonight, I have water lily planting to do. Lynne sent me a few tubers to grow this year in my half barrel.. shewinks

________

afgreyparrot #369403 May 7th, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
got to take my meds....found out yesterday I have gallstones rolz

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
afgreyparrot #369404 May 7th, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
so ready to go home, it gets so hard these last few weeks to get Ashley up and off to school. my body just does not want to get up old

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
afgreyparrot #369414 May 8th, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
look at this cool birdfeeder
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
afgreyparrot #369416 May 8th, 2013 at 12:46 AM
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
found this suction cup bird feeder hold at wally world for my hummer feeder...cool huh[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
afgreyparrot #369433 May 8th, 2013 at 05:45 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Very cool, Belinda.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #369471 May 8th, 2013 at 01:17 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Nice pictures, Belinda---

Nite-nite everyone--sweet dreams.

________

afgreyparrot #369475 May 8th, 2013 at 07:42 PM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
wavy Good morning

It has been raining for days!!! Everyone's grass is getting tall. I'll bet this evening all the neighbor's lawnmowers will be running!

I looked out the door and can see the sun just coming up and the sky is clear clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
Shirley4 #369495 May 8th, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
everyone's lawnmowers were running here last night--well all but ours--we had other things to do/ and if it were not for the dandelions, our grass is not that tall--but oh well---does not really matter as the rains have started again here as well.

I am going to go clean my sister's house today----well if I can get to feeling better----But I really think it is jsut t eh congestion form the cold and the heat----DH controls the thermostat & he works in rediculous heat all day, so this heat we are having so far is nothing.

I am hoping my sister is more reasonable, & it will be cool there...
left-overs for supper tonight grin

________

afgreyparrot #369502 May 9th, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
We've only had one nice day that we didn't need to light the woodstove so far...raining today.

My lawn is slowly growing in..with more dandelions than grass lol

Hope you feel better soon Junie...take it easy at your sis's house.

afgreyparrot #369542 May 9th, 2013 at 07:25 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
had good rain here yesterday,,
Good Morning everyone wavy breakfast

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #369543 May 9th, 2013 at 08:51 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning...still raining here also Diane. Not going to complain though, just an hour West of us is getting snow lol

Errands today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image