Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#367995 Apr 13th, 2013 at 09:54 AM
av8r1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all,
New gardener here, so I have one of those annoying newbie questions which brings instant wrath from experts. A couple weeks ago I bought two Apache blackberries from Lowe's. I planted them next to a 4 foot high chain link fence. I mean right next to the fence, about 6 inches away. I was under the impression that these needed a trellis, and I figured the fence would work well. I find out that Apaches are erect and need no trellis. Do I need to dig up and relocate my blackberries, or will they be fine against the fence?

av8r1 #368021 Apr 13th, 2013 at 10:58 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Hello wavy Welcome

I wish I could help you with your blackberry question, but I have no Idea. Be patient there are those here that CAN help you.I'm sure they will be here soon and read this to advise you, in the mean time look around and join us in Banter hall, the coffeehouse is where we go to talk about many things and socialize, come on in breakfast grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
av8r1 #368028 Apr 14th, 2013 at 03:38 AM
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Are you sure you got blackberries and not blueberries? I got the Apache blueberries from lowes a couple of years ago. And yet they are a high bush blueberry.

If it is a blackberry the fence won't do it any harm. Of course getting to the other side of it to pick the blackberries may be problematic for you.

We love questions here. Even ones we hear all the time. We're not like some sights where they have their noses in the air.

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image