Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Tk Happy to hear No tumor (last post of coffee house 2404) I too don't like to take meds. I have to take 6 in the AM and 2 @ night,, I feel better for it but get tired of taking them.
Hope and Pray your aspirin regiment is your answer kissie

we are supposed to get severe storms tonight,, we'll see,, why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
TK glad you had no tumors feel lucky you can take aspirin I can't take it for any reason . I also take meds. I hate to take seems like I am lucky as I only have to take 4 pills of morning and 3 @ night just to keep my BP under 200/100. Last week was down to 159/92.

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
Official Taste Tester
10k Posts
stay safe. I haven't looked at the weather report for this evening.

[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Hi all,

We are cold tonit but doing alright here.. still snowing a little... we have about 10 inches out there but so far not sticking to roads... been to warm lately... at least till last night...

I took another hot bath today to get moving ... took the 5 lbs of stew meat I got the other day and made my roaster pan full of beef veggie soup... got 4 pans full now cooling in fridge... it will go into the freezer tomorrow... most anyway.. going to make a loaf of bread and have it will the soup tomorrow... will need something warm.. tonight was leftover Mexican food from hubby's work.. he has 40 years and so do 2 other people and the co gave them each $200. to spend of food for the other people on their shift... so they had a bunch left over and he brought some home for us... was good and 2 nights in a row I didn't have to make dinner...

Well it's getting to be bed time for me... this cold just makes me ache and I need my warm blankets and my icyhot patch to put on my back.... nite all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good very early morning...coffee
4:58 am here...

MY Emily came over tonight (last night) while her DH had a VFW meeting.

Of course she brought Luke ( clap ) and as a bonus she brought me her floor steamer as I "really" need to clean my vinyl floors.
you see, They have these small indentions that hold dirt & no matter how hard one scrubs they do not come clean. The steamer gets to that dirt---I was so pleased it worked as I thought it might. bad thing is one has to dry the floor with an old towel when they are d one with the floor as the steamer leaves all kinds of water--but oh well...I figure that is a small price to pay for a clean floor, right ???

She left it here, so today I will finish my dining area and then do the bathrooms & laundry room as well...

I may need a nap first....rolz

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Good morning wavy

Sorry about the bad weather some of you are, and will be, having. Stay in and dry and warm. Hope it all gets over with before too much of it can reach Virginia. We've had such perfect weather here ever since the last snow dump. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cindy, did you make it to Lexington and back safe and sound?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
good morning,, WOW the temp really dropped last night ,, I didn't hear it storm but its raining pretty good right now,, Crazy weather we dropped 30 degrees over night zoink

Nana I hope your feeling better today grin

Carol,, I was wondering how well a job those steamers work,, good to know thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Hello.. this is the first I have been able to log on in days. do not get it.
We are having RAIN, huge flooding rains yesterday, and right now it is thunderstorming. I still say it is better than snow.
Cindy, thinking about you!!

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom

Carol, I was wondering how well a job those steamers work, good to know thumbup

yea, but know that it is messy. Like I said, you have to have a big towel to wipe up the water behind you. Also, you cannot use it as if it were a vacuum---you have to go slower than that. On paritcularily bad places & let the steamer sit for a moment or 2. May I suggest that you borrow one from someone or rent one first so you know just what it will do for you.

Then, I did see a plastic version at Wal-mart for $39.00..I thought that was a good price---My DD paid like $100.00 for hers. rolz

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I think today is mostly a regular school day without any major bumps in the road. So housework seems a good thing. I do not have many floors that are not carpeted so those steam machines would be a bit of a waste for me. I've looked at them.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
It's "spring Picture Day" at school today (they have two, one in October, one in April); guess who only got in his nice shirt because Dad demanded it for his birthday...

[Linked Image]

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
aw--so cute--I am glad he is all dressed for his picture day----what a memory for you all.

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
He looks like a sweetie.
Argh!, I got half way to doing my daughter's taxes and my computer froze. I will finish it up this afternoon. And not in ie, which is where I happened to be at the time.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Trey looks like,,"okay I'll wear this shirt and tie and look happy to do it cuz I love ya Pops" lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I got one of those "Shark" steam things...never used it (I don't like to use cleaning things...lol) I gave it to Rachel....she's OCD about "clean"...I'm not.

Picture day....always tried to fake sick on that day. If I did have to go I had a very grumpy look on my face...like that cat named "Tardar" (Grumpy Cat) on Facebook.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot

Picture day....always tried to fake sick on that day. If I did have to go I had a very grumpy look on my face...like that cat named "Tardar" (Grumpy Cat) on Facebook.

I never got my daughters all dressed up for Picture day,, they went in regular school clothes, I wanted their pictures to be all about the everyday of going to school,I'm doing the same for the boys; When my adult daughters looked back on their school pictures they said " HEY I remember that Rainbow Bright Shirt lol I loved that shirt MOM " grin or "OMG I Hated that hair cut when I was 10 boohoo I couldn't wait for my hair to grow back out",, I think School pics are for the kids later in life,, It's the little things like that I find they found fond memories in. OR not so fond of memories ( I did make a mistake in getting her hair cut that year notme)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I only had to wear "regulated" clothes when I was in boarding school. Blue sweater, white blouse, blue skirt.

How is everyone fairing with the bad weather? Here's what we are expecting...
The severe weather machine is getting cranked up and will start making some moves toward eastern Kentucky on Thursday.
Stong and severe storms will likely come together right over eastern Kentucky Thursday afternoon and evening.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Are you jiving' me Cindy? shock It is so perfect here.

Except my landlady is ruining it..
I had my door open all day finally enjoying spring!! But she came home at four and turned on the stupid air conditioner!!!! The unit sits right outside my door and is terribly loud. I had to shut my door and within 5 minutes I was freezing to death!!! madd I finally had to change out of my summer jammies and put my flannels back on!!! I'm so mad I could have a stompin', hair pullin' fit!!!!!! madd boohoo

I am moving as soon as I can!!!! Not from VA, from HERE!!! tapfoot

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
good morning,, wavy breakfast

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning..cute little guy you have James.

Juniegirl, I bought my mom a steamer years ago as a gift...she loves it. Say's it cleans so much better than a mop.

It is windy here today but the sun is out grin

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
G morning---and yes, Sunny--I think the steamer works well too. I was going into my laundry room this morning & I could see where I had stopped cleaning the kitchen floor between the 2 rooms.
and the thing is, the floor looked clean before, I just knew it was not---I will get it all sooner or later---& then the upkeep should not be hard... shewinks

bad storms here last night---but all we ended up with was severe winds, & a lot of rain & some lightening though so that is good. We were under a tornado warning for awhile & then a tornado watch until 3am --We here, where I live, are in good shape this morning but there are areas in the St. Louis, MO area that are not fareing so well....They have roofs tore off, trees uprooted, cars smashed, & are having to clean up a lot of debree...Glad we do not have to deal with that mess...

Getting tired---I may be going back to sleep before I begin my day.....

________

Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
Trey looks like,,"okay I'll wear this shirt and tie and look happy to do it cuz I love ya Pops" lol

Never saw any of my school photos as they hired this blind photographer every year

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Good Friday Morning,, SO glad this week went by fast clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Good morning all, sun is shining bright. Just the calm before the snow storm for tonight and tomorrow. And you know what???................they laid off all the snow plow operators today. touched

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning.
What are you supposed to do, Sunny? Wait for it to melt?

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers
Good morning all, sun is shining bright. Just the calm before the snow storm for tonight and tomorrow. And you know what???................they laid off all the snow plow operators today. touched

Sorry about the snow storm....and about the snow plow operators--they will soon find that people are "extremely" upset--& hopefully that situation will take care of itself..

sunny & bright here also, but there is a cold wind----I do hope it calms down, as I have to put Dante out in his pen today---
I did put lots of rugs down on the concrete floor & in his dog house for him though.....

I wish everyone a good day !!!

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Afternoon all,

I thought I had a day when I got to sleep in but Joe had the guy come and aerate the yards this morning... he was supposed to show up by 9... finally showed up at noon... so I could have slept in anyway...oh well.... got my laundry started... cleaned my kitchen up, even mopped the floor... now have to get the vacuum out and see what I can get done with it....

Jon is going to come by after school is out today to get some comp thing he needs for his moms new comp .. so he can transfer the files from her old one to the new one... he is sure I have it whatever it is since my hubby never gets rid of anything...LOL!

Derek is doing so well this last week.. he is sleeping at night and waking up his sunny happy self... it is so good.. he even wants to go to school on Mon all day... they have it planned out so hopefully he can handle it alright... he is doing so well we don't want a set back.. doc says he is ready... his coping skills are really helping him..

It is fairly warm today too.. have my doors open ... nice! the snow is staying in the mtns for now so that is really nice- we need it up there for the water this summer.. way down in our water totals... they put rationing in place the first of April.. 2 days a week... hardly enough to keep plants alive here in our hot summer...

Well another load is done ... vacuum is calling my name too... have a good evening all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Nana,, I Hate it when people don't show up on a schedule as they said they would , that includes friends and family. A courtesy call from them would at least show consideration, I probably would have mentioned that to a business for sure.
Glad Derek is feeling good enough for school grin

Hoping you get to sleep in tomorrow, and your day won't be the usual busy day, You need to bottle up some of that energy that keeps you moving, cooking and cleaning all day and send me some thumbup

I was so looking forward to tonight, to just chill and watch my fav TV shows only to discover they are all reruns,, UGH,, I don't re-read books, or watch reruns . Nothing even on the internet interesting tonight,, rolz . Boys are all doing their own thing,, I guess I could just go to sleep why

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I did mention it to him that he was later than he said- blamed it on the yards being really wet... well that's the best time to aerate the yard... helps the ground loosen up and Joe will spread seed and fertilizer next week when he is off to thicken up our grass while we are hopfully getting the rain...he didn't seem to care....
I am hoping for a sleep in kind of day too.. got a lot to do but can get it done eventually... I look fwd to my tv shows too but they were all reruns for me too... so I watched stuff I had recorded.... love the dvr... and if that is all watched my dd gave me her password for Netflix so I can watch that... I do reread books though... right now I am rereading the Outlander series.. she has a new one coming out soon so wanted to reread to keep them in my head for the new one... only 7 of them and they are all big books...LOL! that will keep me busy for a while...
We are keeping our fingers crossed for Derek to have a wonderful day on Mon... it is very hard watching a child battle anxiety and depression.... and so wonderful when we see "our" Derek back.... Nicoli is feeling better too so far.. his new meds are working .. he has to go to school and catch up all his work and work with the homeschool teacher so he can go to 3rd grade next yr so hoping the meds keep working for him too... they just make him very tired ... poor kid has a hard time waking up in the mornings so school is good with him going in late as long as he goes every day and works on the makeup work at home..
Well I am heading to bed soon.. gotta to finish folding clothes .. only beds left to do and hopfully rain will hold off long enough for me to hang it out tomorrow..mts are getting snow... we are to get rain.....
Nana

[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hey everyone. Had an okay day. My neighbors are having a party so I had to park a block away. Oy. I have my first ever fasting glucose tomorrow. I'm betting it will be pretty low, probably in the 80's. That's my guess anyway but what do I know? Pretty much everything is the same here.

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Good morning from VA. wavy
Weather is perfect and wonderful here, so many flowers and all the flowering trees are in bloom. I love it here! grin breakfast

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by chermoni
Hey everyone. Had an okay day. My neighbors are having a party so I had to park a block away. Oy.

A block away, shock man I would be livid,, very inconsiderate parking in front of your house. Not long ago someone parked to the side of my driveway enough that I could NOT back out and leave, I went knocking on doors until I found who the car belonged to. It was 3 houses down, and Plenty of parking in front of the person they were visiting. I let them know how inconsiderate they were,, blocking someone from leaving. Seems Like the last two years I've developed a NO tolerance for Ignorant people and No tolerance for BS and I just get ballsey and let people know, >CUT IT OUT< , I really never was like that until I got the kids, I don't know if because I got them that I don't put up with craap anymore, or if it's cuz I'm getting older or what it is,, But I sure don't have a problem letting people know "what's UP" and that they were wrong and definitely don't deal well with inconsiderate people. tapfoot Maybe I'm just getting old notme

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning from Illinois.

High of 60 today----but it is sunny so that is a good thing....

I have to clean out my work bench in the garage, so we can easily move it in a few weeks when we begin to paint...not to mention I need to get rid of some junk----

note:

Diane, I dont think it is that you are getting old---I think we are just beginning to see the results of how kids were not raised properly when they were younger---a lot of people anymore are jsut a "me" kinda people-----It is nice when I see someone like you raising kids "properly" I know your boys will never be so inconsiderate---

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Carol I've got to clean my garage too,, it's going to be a whole week end job,, I think I will wait til I have a 3 day weekend, Maybe Memorial weekend,,?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well in all honesty, I think we should wait until then too--BUT I think Rod is hoping to be up to the house by then, so we can get a lot painted--

I have probably said before, but our house has never been painted---it just has the under coat--and that coat cannot be washed, or else we would just not bother--we both hate painting---

Oh how I wish we had of been told ...to paint an empty house would have been so much easier...

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I feel ya Carol,, I don't like painting either,, It would be nice if you could gather People up 'Friends and family' and have a painting party,, maybe grill hotdogs and hamburgers or have pizza and salad so YOU don't have to paint,, you just feed people and give them a paintbrush/roller tell them to get busy :wink: lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Our streets are small and street parking is all we have. DH parks his van in the driveway so that's out. Most of our driveways are only one car and there are apartments and multiplexes mixed in with the houses. My place is a duplex and it was our duplex neighbor having the party. They've had a few parties and I feel that they should've out grown the college party stage by now. They can't be much younger than me, if not about the same age. The lovelies of living in a big city. Diane, you're not getting old, you're getting wise.

Carol, if we lived closer I'd love to help paint. I like painting but never get to do it.

Pharmacy and lab don't open until 9am so I'm killing time. Gotta pick up my crazy meds and get my fasting glucose done. I'm curious to see how low it is. I'm hungry and can't wait to get this over. What I'd really like right now is a cup of coffee.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I'll drink a cup of coffee for ya Cheryl breakfast kissie Hoping your test come out like you'd like it to be!
I live in a duplex too,, this whole block is duplexes and a narrow street,So I totally understand about your parking situation. The difference is we all have double drive ways.
The people across the street have a dual cab huge truck and park right across from my drive way and they have a carport in the back, why they don't use their car port I don't know. Now that I have the Van it's hard to maneuver the van backing out of my drive way and not hit their truck rolz Still not used to the length of this van lol I'm used to small economy cars. I still am undecided in what to do with my Daewoo,, It' was Dwights car,, It still runs good,, maybe I will keep it up on maintenance and tags and save it for Tre, Next year he can get his permit . At least he can learn to drive in it and when he grad' I'll get him a better economy car?? 2 more years and he graduates HS, Time is flying BY shock

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Cheryl, hope the test came out good for you... I always hate the fasting tests... always try to get first appt of the day when I have to do one...

We are pretty lucky with our parking- have double driveway and garage so 2 of our vehicles are covered all the time- hubby's old truck which is only 2 wheel drive stays on the street... he doesn't drive it very often... in summer he does cause it gets better mileage than Tahoe but not when it snows... or is icy... we had a neighbor on the next street over that had a big party and they came around with flyers 2 weeks before it and invited us to the party and said if there was any problems with the cars to let the know and ask if it was okay to park in front of our house.. if not they were printing maps out to tell the guests where it was okay with residents to park... that was really nice of them and we had no problems with them at all- they even had a live band but stopped at 10pm ... they were fairly young kids too so we found it really nice...
only time we ever had problems was when the kid next door decided to park in front of the mailboxes and being a new driver couldn't get it far enough out of our driveway area... we had him move it a couple of times and he finally go the hang of it... he had a huge SUV and just couldn't handle it. they got him a smaller one finally and he did fine after that.. he is blind in one eye so was surprised he even got a license... seems to do alright though...
Diane I would keep the car for Trey too... it doesn't take long for that yr to pass and he will need a car to learn on and drive... you will find having another driver in family comes in handy too.... and yes time does fly- they grow up so very fast.....
Well off to get this house cleaned.. sure wish I had a fairy godmother to do it for me...LOL!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
I got there shortly after they opened. She had to poke me twice. Got my coffee and had toast with blueberry jelly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image