Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#367651 Apr 7th, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Bill Offline OP
10k Posts
OP Offline
10k Posts
Hey Bill wavy tell us about your John Deere. Don't just leave us hanging.

Actually, my complaint is with the local JD dealer, not with John Deere... Last Monday, I was told by the dealer that I could get my new Deere delivered by Saturday. Tuesday I sent pix of my old Deere so I could get a trade in value. Wednesday I called up to confirm the deal. The salesman I was talking to suddenly had to do something and told me he would call me right back... within 3 or 4 minutes! I waited for his call for the rest of the day, then I waited all of the next day... Friday I called back to see if the delivery had been scheduled, but the sales manager said that unfortunately they were out of stock for the D140 I wanted and they were waiting for a new delivery. (There were four D140s in stock on Monday!) I cancelled my order and cancelled my long standing account with John Deere.
I went to the Home Depot site and re-ordered my new mower from them. Going to HD saved me the $50 delivery charge that JD wanted and I am getting a free JD trailer for a bonus. grin

Do you still have those little bell shaped flowers, in purple and yellow, growing up near the front of your drive?

All that is left in the Entry Gardens are Rhododendrons, Azaleas, some Irises and weeds. I'm not sure what happened to everything else... why

Remember that my suitcase was getting too heavy with stuff like that I was bringing back, and when I got home you surprised me by shipping to me?! It is still among my plants

Sadly, comas and strokes took away a lot of my memory, but I'm sure glad that you have souvenirs and fond memories of your visit! kissie

Is the beautiful, magical, butterfly house still standing? Sometimes, when I'm thinking about being inside of there I start worrying about it eventually getting so old that it will start sagging and eventually just collapse in on itself

A heavy snow during the winter before last did collapse most of the roof of Hummingbird House, but the main structure is still standing strong and is awaiting a new roof.... one of these days...

Is the story of your building it still around in here somewhere?

All of Willy's adventures are still on TGH (I think...), but they are hard to find without using their search page...
Episode # 8.... A Scavenger Hunt

Bill #367654 Apr 7th, 2013 at 01:47 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
all the large rocks you sent I still have as well Bill, and the burl you gave me,, So many memories of Cedar Hill.
So sorry to hear the roof collapsed on the HB house boohoo but with the main structure still standing surely a new roof can be eventually done again. thumbup maybe not with the trees of your woods but I'm sure there is a way to improvise and the clematis and honey suckle will once again vine it's way over kissie
The larger plants I mean the Huge Plants in the entrance, I'm glad are still there, I bet this spring you'll see a lot of blooms anyway grin We sure miss you Bill,, it just isn't the same here without you.
So glad you got a better deal at HD, with your JD thumbup

Thanks for the update and the link for memories clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
We sure miss you Bill, it just isn't the same here without you.

yerp, I agree---couldn't you be the resident garden guru ???

it would be nice to have you around more.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I miss you, Bill..... tears

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Bill #367663 Apr 7th, 2013 at 05:24 AM
Giggles
20k Posts
Giggles
20k Posts
Thank you Bill for answering all my questions. Sorry you had so much trouble dealing with the John Deere dealer. Sometimes I really hate dealing with companys. That is so sad about the Hummingbird House. If Diane and I were there again I'll bet we could fix it!! grin I'm sorry you don't remember some things, but yes I have wonderful memories of when I was there.

I will get to those stories and copy them again. kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I Love Virginia!"

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,862
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image