#364792 Feb 19th, 2013 at 01:10 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
OP Offline
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Hey everyone, I figured that I'd take a few moments to (re)introduce myself to you all, especially those who may not have seen or gotten to know me in the past.

I'm James, I've been helping Bill from the background around these parts (and at TGH) for some time, generally with the back end server related stuff (I actually used to work for TGH's now former web host for some time as well).

I'm a 29 year old (till April 8th anyhow) Web Developer from Portland, Oregon; I work closely with a little script that you might notice is this bulletin board software (in fact, my ideas and a lot of my coding at the development community have turned into many of the features in the bulletin board's coding). I have one child, a son named Trey who's 7. My girlfriend Korina has 2 children, Tiera who's 7 (girl) and Xander who's 6 (boy). I actually went to school with my girlfriend some time ago, but we never really kindled anything until the kids (Trey and Tiera) started kindergarten (which was funny since it took nearly 3 years for us to admit we had a thing for each other).

I'm a novice gardener at best, I grow roses and calla lilies fairly well; it's the upkeep with severe arthritis, carpel tunnel, and a shoulder injury that keeps things semi limited.

I love cooking, especially where I can get the kids involved. I also enjoy listening to music (if you'd like a list of my top played music then feel free to clicky, watching tv (Arrow, Mike and Molly, How I met your Mother, Being Human, Once Upon a Time, Kitchen Nightmares / Hells Kitchen, Elementary, Person of Interest, The Big Bang Theory, etc), movies, etc. I also enjoy the occasional video game as well :P.

I've been working with web development for quite some time, at least 15+ years. I know how to code with a xHTML/CSS front end with a PHP/MySQL back end and strive for valid coding and I always code for accessibility (I have worked with disabled people a lot in my past and feel that there should be no limitations on the internet for people who may have an impairment).

My son and I have 4 Guinea Pigs; Bruce and Selina (Daddy and Mommy) and their daughters Nicole and Smokey (Nicole is black with a white mohawk, and Smokey is salt and pepper colors just like Bruce; Selina is kind of just brown and white all over).

I want to make you all comfortable with any changes that may happen here, such as the new advertising island under the first post in every thread; I'm not really planning on making many changes, but a few minor ones to help re-coop any additional costs required to run the site. I have given a little thought to coding a website to go along with the forums as a way of replacing TGH as a resource to you users. For this I'm bringing on one of my personal staff from my web development community //www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/users/17453/Striphe.html to help me along the way; I've known Steve since I was a kid, we've known each other for at least 14-15 years, he's a pretty well versed gardener, I'm sure he'll start sharing pictures of his harvests with you all once he gets his feet wet.

If there is anything that I can do for you all, feel more than free to ask. If there is anything you'd like to know about myself or my family, also feel more than free to ask... I have links to my personal family website, including my family tree, in my signature as well if you'd like to take the time to get to know me :).

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #364795 Feb 19th, 2013 at 02:15 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
James ,
Thanks for the lovely family story .How time flies when your having fun.We still remember your sons daddy photo on her, about 2 then.
Sounds like you are a well experience man.
Thanks for taking the time to write us.

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
dodge #364797 Feb 19th, 2013 at 02:43 AM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Hello, James! wavy

...still trying to get used to the new name... lol

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
lol
ME TOO ......GREMELIN,,,,,,,,,,WE GOT USED TO JAMES AN mR gIZMO.
hOWEVER WERE SUBJECT TO CHANGE...IMMEDIATELY.
touched

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Gremelin #364800 Feb 19th, 2013 at 04:55 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I like the new user name better than the old one. Welcome James.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #364803 Feb 19th, 2013 at 08:01 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
well I like Mr Gizmo & I like gremlin---and I like James--I guess Gremlin is more fitted to this site though, HUH ???

I am glad to have you here--thanks for taking care of us.

excellent write-up BTW:

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Gremelin #364809 Feb 19th, 2013 at 08:19 AM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
OP Offline
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
You're welcome hehe...

I've seen a lot of confusion at some sites when new owners don't introduce themselves; wanted to nip that in the bud from the get go...

And I adjusted my name here to Gremelin to fit closer with other online identities...

If you'd like to learn more about my family and I, you can do so at Corthell.net [corthell.net]!
Gremelin #364818 Feb 19th, 2013 at 08:26 AM
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Hi Gremelin. Thanks for the info.

Bestofour #364827 Feb 19th, 2013 at 08:56 AM
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Gremelin...........is like a Shoe..Fits , Wear it .

Gremelins do fit with our gnomes.. Were very enthused about that...YOu will need to show us some of your Landscapes there.. Need a gnome out in the yard too. Lots of us have them.
In memory of our Bill.
We have Whiskey bottles in our yard in memory of Cindy...LOL
dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Gremelin #364829 Feb 19th, 2013 at 09:15 AM
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Such a nice (re)introduction, James! So nice to have a little family info along with the tech info.

I keep forgetting that you have the exact same birthday as my son! A big year for both of you, though I wish I could keep mine younger, as it makes me feel old!

Looking forward to seeing you more often here. Thanks for all your hard work and help.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
dodge #364830 Feb 19th, 2013 at 09:15 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge

Gremelins do fit with our gnomes.. Were very enthused about that...YOu will need to show us some of your Landscapes there.. Need a gnome out in the yard too. Lots of us have them.
In memory of our Bill.

thumbup ***** Thanks for your story James,, So very happy you're still with us,, party

Originally Posted by dodge

We have Whiskey bottles in our yard in memory of Cindy...LOL
dodge

lol good one Dodge hifive shewinks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
LOL

luv
Hi ya angelblossom............

Glad to cheer you .

dodge angdev

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Gremelin #364912 Feb 19th, 2013 at 02:42 PM
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
OP Offline
Mr. James
The Gnome Wrangler
3k Posts
Hehe, thanks everyone :).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image