Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#363624 Jan 22nd, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
lol been awhile since I opened one of these.

Come on in, the coffee is hot and there are brownie cupcakes waiting.

Minus -36*F out there this morning...and getting colder. We are under a 'stay inside' warning. I'll not argue with that one.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
10k Posts
10k Posts
Minus -36*F out there this morning..

hmmm... it is +36° here

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Brrr, Sunny. That is all I have to say. I am glad you are heeding the warnings.
I woke to a nice 55* today but we are chilling down to night time 40's for the rest of the week. Maybe some rain if we are lucky.I have had a nice break from lighting my fire. Bur will need to take the chill off

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers
lol been awhile since I opened one of these.

Come on in, the coffee is hot and there are brownie cupcakes waiting.

Minus -36*F out there this morning...and getting colder. We are under a 'stay inside' warning. I'll not argue with that one.

SUNFLOWER! Where do you Live Siberia???? shock

[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
It's gonna get up in the 20's today! party

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
18*F here now--it is supposed to get "up to" 36. I'll believe that when I feel it.

I went out & re-stocked the bird feeders this morning---Poor birdies need all the help they can get. I wish water would not freeze immediately. Luckily there is a creek not too far away, hopefully the running water keeps the water not frozen.

I think I will clear out the kitchen today. Then I have to make my youngest DD a dessert. For Christmas she wanted "desserts for a year--she gets one type a month.
Up first the cornflake cookies.

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
10k Posts
10k Posts
I went out & re-stocked the bird feeders this morning---Poor birdies need all the help they can get. I wish water would not freeze immediately. Luckily there is a creek not too far away, hopefully the running water keeps the water not frozen.

Thank you for being so caring! kissie

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't specifically feed the birds. I grow things they love to eat though. And keep water going for them.
I have strawberries dehydrating, 2 1/2 pounds of them. Local berries that I bought, yum. It is funny, I have strawberry plants growing here and there but I leave those for the birds too. I am really enjoying this dehydrating stuff. I will be cooking and dehydrating beans next for nearly instant beans.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
You are making me feel lazy Tina... I have the boys and Senika today- well had Nicoli but he went to school late... they have decided he has acid reflux and he has zantac to take and a bunch of food to avoid... so we shall see... it's almost lunchtime now for them.. made pancakes for them this morning..now have a bunch to freeze for later...

Its supposed to get to 66* .. it's cloudy so it might make it but feels chilly to me anyway... crazy weather for us- actually was out yesterday with no jackets.. Joe wore shorts too... was 63* then and felt really nice.

Well off to figure out lunch... maybe soup.... have some extra potatos baked so may turn it into tater soup....

Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
That sounds good, Nana. Tater soup. I was thinking of turning some of my beans into bean soup.
Don't feel lazy. You work circles around me really. I just got this urge to put food by and have no freezer space left. And this won't go bad if the electricity goes out and I run out of gas for my generators. So money in the bank for me.
I just scored a bunch of firewood from a neighbor. I am thrilled.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Ugh I HATE this weather, This is the most unproductive I have been in a while.
Trying to understand how to read Crochet patterns.. it is not easy, I can crochet just the darn patterns. I have GOT to get back to the gym. I am getting fat again.. Rrrrrr.
Sunflowers, the nearest I can figure with Temps you must be in northern Canada..
YIKES! COLDDDDDD....... nervous

[Linked Image]
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
Hi all.... I know....long time no see. What can I say busy busy...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by suzydaze

HI !!! good to see you, Belinda. wavy

________

10k Posts
10k Posts
Welcome home, Belinda! wavy

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
suzydaze! wavy

Been out about 10 times today pouring hot water in the bird bath, in the stray dog's bucket, and the stray cats bowls to melt the ice. No other place for them to get a drink...no creeks, etc nearby.
Put a bunch of cornbread out when I fed the birds this morning and another stray dog arrived and ate it. So, I took her the rest of the cornbread I hadn't smashed up yet and some food, but the first stray dog ran it off before she could eat it. I've named the first stray "Rolie Polie Olie" because he has gotten so fat. I swear, he actually makes noises like a pig.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by suzydaze

Hi. Nice to see you. Are you back home?

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Bad day @ work,, still sick with a deep hard bronchial cough,, all but takes my breath away, still with the sore throat, and runny nose. By the time I got home coughing for 40 minutes on the road I could hardly breath. I came in took an aspirin, put a nitro patch on and took a breathing treatment, My God, I was going to the emergency room if all that didn't help,, well two hours later I can take a deep breath grin but still coughing, the other two boys are doing better, nose no longer runs, and their coughing has pretty much stopped, guess I took on their load boohoo I have to tell you it gave me a scare by the time I pulled up in the drive way nervous
Thanks for getting us two more years with ya Bill kissie

Belinda good to see you on board wavy grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
suzydaze! wavy

Been out about 10 times today pouring hot water in the bird bath, in the stray dog's bucket, and the stray cats bowls to melt the ice. No other place for them to get a drink...no creeks, etc nearby.
Put a bunch of cornbread out when I fed the birds this morning and another stray dog arrived and ate it. So, I took her the rest of the cornbread I hadn't smashed up yet and some food, but the first stray dog ran it off before she could eat it. I've named the first stray "Rolie Polie Olie" because he has gotten so fat. I swear, he actually makes noises like a pig.

Cindy they make inexpensive outdoor heated bird waterers. They work great.

[Linked Image]
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Hi everyone. I try to keep my bird feeder full. It's awfully popular, including the bigger birds (not crows, thank goodness). I've been taking care of my hummingbird feeder for the most part but haven't seen one. I've heard them but haven't seen them. Well, I forgot to bring it in a couple nights when it froze and there's a crack in the glass. So, I put the original glass feeder back out. DH saw a bird at it the next day. Guess they just didn't like the perching one and prefer the first one I bought. For those not on fb, I sprained my foot/ankle pretty badly on Saturday. It was my first run back since being sick. Major bummer. I've been fighting illness since I woke up with a head cold on christmas. That turned into a sinus infection, then I came down with the flu. I usually never get sick so getting something like the flu took me out. I'm feeling much much better now. The cough is pretty much gone and the sinuses are finally almost cleared up. I'm done with all of these curve balls that have been thrown my way, starting with DH getting sick in October. Something really good better be coming my way. The kids are good. The girls got their lifeguard certification. They started volunteering at the pool because the pool requires it before you can apply for a job there. They still have to take one more test but should be able to apply before that's done. I think it's a test to be a lifeguard nationally. They are still getting straight A's and have started running start this year. They just recently started their 2nd quarter at the community college, taking one class in the morning then going to their high school to finish off the day. Joey has become a giant. He's 13, wears a 13 shoe, and has recently reached six feet. He's broad and over 200 pounds without being chubby. Hubby is fully recovered, working regularly now. Still gets a bit sore from working but not too bad usually. I started seeing a therapist and I really like her a lot and feel that this is going to be a really good thing for me. I think that's about it in Cheryl land. Most of you have already gone to bed but I'll say goodnight anyhow. Good night!

Plant smiles, grow giggles, harvest love.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Thanks for the update, Cheryl. Is your ankle recovering at all?
It is time for some good stuff to head your way.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
It is. It's only been four days but the swelling has gone day. The bruising has stopped spreading, except for what's leaking into my toes, and some of the bruising looks like it's starting to fade a bit. It's extremely unstable without the boot right now, but that's normal for a bad sprain. Slowly trying to work on my range of motion when I'm sitting at home with it elevated. Started to see some improvement. I can wiggle my toes farther up and down and am starting to be able to turn it side to side. Barely, but still a bit better. I'm doing everything I can to try to get it to heal as fast as I can. I can't afford $25 for each PT visit so a PT friend of my mine sent me a routine of exercises that progress as my foot gets better. I've been applying for hospital jobs in secret. I'm really hoping that my payoff is a new job.

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
They say it got to 42 today--but it did NOT feel like it. Going to be way colder tomorrow then warmer again & rain & freezing rain into friday morning.
Weather is crazy mixed-up for sure.
Cheryl, I was not sleeping but am headed that way. I am on FB but thanks for the update on the hubby & the kids. I so hope that your foot gets better soon. kissie I think a LOT of us are sick of being sick. and yes, I too hope that good things come your way.

G'nite, sweet dreams & catch you all in the AM.

________

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
Whoa, I keep feeling like I am reading the wrong date, Nope, January 24th..
One person is talking about a HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER??? And the next is saying it is 42 where they are 4 hours from my state. Bizzaro land. LOL
IT is THREE again here this morning. nervous The one thing I wish is people would put what state they live in in there icon profile. It has always bugged me. uhuhh

[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
OP Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Ditchy

Sunflowers, the nearest I can figure with Temps you must be in northern Canada..

Yup, North eastern in fact....home of the cold, snow and more cold and snow lol

Nice to see it busy in here with all the chatting grin

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Originally Posted by chermoni
It is. It's only been four days but the swelling has gone day. The bruising has stopped spreading, except for what's leaking into my toes, and some of the bruising looks like it's starting to fade a bit. It's extremely unstable without the boot right now, but that's normal for a bad sprain. Slowly trying to work on my range of motion when I'm sitting at home with it elevated. Started to see some improvement. I can wiggle my toes farther up and down and am starting to be able to turn it side to side. Barely, but still a bit better. I'm doing everything I can to try to get it to heal as fast as I can. I can't afford $25 for each PT visit so a PT friend of my mine sent me a routine of exercises that progress as my foot gets better. I've been applying for hospital jobs in secret. I'm really hoping that my payoff is a new job.

Gosh you've been living my life except for the sprain. Hope that's not in my future.

When I broke my arm several years ago they wanted me to come for PT 3 times a week at $60.00 a visit. I worked on it myself and it turned out just fine.

Glad your husband is better. The other day I was trying to find an updated post about him. Was there ever a final decision on exactly what happened to set that off?

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I have rain outside. I have not looked to see how much rain yet. But any is a very good thing right now. It has been incredibly dry this month. But the temps are maintaining at reasonable.
And yes, I did my own PT on my ankle. It turned out fine.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
dodge, glad to see you on today.

Tina, it's cold but sunny here today. The freezing rain is supposed to start tomorrow. Hope it's not too bad.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Rain started back up here yesterday. That means no more freezing temps, yay! Ditchy, I live in Seattle. Anna's hummingbirds stay year round in western WA. As do robins and all sorts of birds. I think we are lucky that way. Bill lives a couple hours north of me.

Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Ballard Beaver!
5k Posts
Sheri, he was exposed to legionella bacteria, which caused a rapid onset pneumonia, otherwise known as legionnaires disease, which I'm sure you've heard of. Very bad stuff.

Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
nope, still in Texas, was so pretty here yesterday about 72 suppose to be just as nice today

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.
-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
thanks Bill, Cindy, junegirl, dodge, and Sheri....anyone I missed...thanks

I hope to be home by the time it thaws good and I can do yard work

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour
dodge, glad to see you on today.

Tina, it's cold but sunny here today. The freezing rain is supposed to start tomorrow. Hope it's not too bad.

Thanks Sheri,
I have to take ghelper as it comes I guess????????
Odd.

Of course I envy your weather
nice to see you again.

d

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Daisy
4k Posts
Daisy
4k Posts
75 here today I just got out of the pool :-)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

-Jennifer Unlimited-
Yard Update -April 2012
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Show off...........LOL
In your new bikini?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by angelblossom
Bad day @ work,, still sick with a deep hard bronchial cough,, all but takes my breath away, still with the sore throat, and runny nose. By the time I got home coughing for 40 minutes on the road I could hardly breath. I came in took an aspirin, put a nitro patch on and took a breathing treatment, My God, I was going to the emergency room if all that didn't help,, well two hours later I can take a deep breath grin but still coughing, the other two boys are doing better, nose no longer runs, and their coughing has pretty much stopped, guess I took on their load boohoo I have to tell you it gave me a scare by the time I pulled up in the drive way nervous
Thanks for getting us two more years with ya Bill kissie

Belinda good to see you on board wavy grin

tried to go to work today,, made it about 4 hours, i really do need to go to the ER, But I have to make arrangements for the boys first in case they keep me,, last time I felt this bad they kept me for a week. So I need someone to stay with the boys. this is what makes it tough living in Tx with no relatives here. ALL my friends work, I could ask their mom to stay here in case they keep me,, But it will go against my grain to do that, again if I have no choice, I just have no choice boohoo I just really need a whole bunch of clean deep breaths,, boohoo boohoo boohoo boohoo boohoo ANY one care enough to give me some??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
10k Posts
10k Posts
kissie

wavy Hi everyone!!

[Linked Image]
10k Posts
10k Posts
wavy Its probably going to take you a while to get caught back up again... LOL!

Originally Posted by Bill
wavy Its probably going to take you a while to get caught back up again... LOL!

Absolutely.....i'll be asking lots of questions as to who is who neenee

Things are good here, lots of changes, Kait did 3 years of College living away from home and graduated with a degree in Social Work and Psychology, she's now away at University for Social Work.
Natalie got married in Septmeber to her boyfriend of 4 years, it was a gorgeous wedding, outdoors.
Brad and i are still trucking along with our business, th eoast few years as some of you will remember, we had to buy out our expartner and that was hell, and a TON of money, but its pretty much done, thank god!!

[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hi Penny, flwr missed your here, Glad your girls made good..Glad the business is finally under control.
Bitter cold here now.. But spring cant be too far off.
Are you still planting >
Missed you .

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image