cat
Holy [BLEEP]! Did you know you can customize a TV? why

[Linked Image]

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
wavy , Bill...and--no, I didn't do it...whatever "it" is..... fidget

How do you customize a TV ??? And a better question would be why would you want to ??? why

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Good luck Bill with your tv shopping.. please don't tell my husband they can be customized... he wants a big flat screen really badly but we have to wait till this non stike waiting out the contract deal is over.... will require a new stand and the tv - not to mention upgrading the dtv... can't have a big hd tv and no hd receivers... LOL!

It's warming up here... first time I could have heater off part of day anyway... nice... ... spent part of day cleaning house today... then had boys.. Derek's teacher didn't come so we could stay here today... she got the flu- hope she feels better soon..

We had chicken marsala for dinner tonight .. it was pretty good... had it with noodles and green beans... made a nice change..

Well it's getting to be my bedtime... my eyes feel weird,, need to put drops in them .. since the cataract sugery they get really dry... have a good evening all- sleep well

Nana

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
My TV is customized,, I can use the internet while watching a movie on tv,, or stream Netfliks,Utube. Pandora, (Blue ray dvd player is the same way) and dvr program it from my cell phone,, etc,, Many Tv's and all Smart tv's on the market have a lot of options now ~just need internet connected to it, either wireless or directly in,, . it works out great for us! grin

I Love Samsung products especially TV's, I really REALLY want the Samsung Smart TV when you turn it on it recognizes your face and says Hello Diane what would you like to do,, and you just wave your hand in front of the TV where it has Icons, Channels, Netfliks, U tube, Photo's etc , until you select the one you want and it does it for you,, but those are $2,000 + may be a while before that would ever come home with me zoink Have Fun shopping Bill, there are great choices out there!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Nana's15

Well it's getting to be my bedtime... my eyes feel weird,, need to put drops in them .. since the cataract sugery they get really dry... have a good evening all- sleep wellNana

yea, when I first went back to get my eyes checked after the surgeries, the dr said your eyes are dry, you need to begin to use drops...well he said the same thing to my MIL and now you say it--I think that cataract surgery does something to your eyes that prevents your eyes from making natural lubricant ???

________

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Even without surgery, my eyes have become dryer as I've aged.
Sweet dreams all. I dehydrated 3 1/2 more pounds of ground beef today. We tried some out last weekend and my older son is hooked. I like that it frees up freezer space and won't end up freezer burned or go bad with no power. So when it is on sale it will be added to my larder. I am really enjoying this dehydrating stuff.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
g'nite---sleep tight....

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I have a Samsung 52" smart tv. It was over $2,000 but given to me by my uncle when my old tv broke and he helped carry it out. He measured the armoire when he was here and later that day Sears showed up with the TV. It has a bunch of usb ports, etc. I have absolutely no desire to learn how to use it, though. My laptop suits me just fine. So, it is only used to watch tv. The instruction manual is over an inch thick. touched

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I also have no interest in smart TV's. I have them for background noise and news, mostly. As they have died off, I have tossed them out to the recycle place. And I am down to 4 TV's now. As they die I probably won't replace them and will drop my satellite. I can get news on my computer.
I am happy with our weather for the next week and hope to get out and clean up and plant things. But I know a lot of the eastern folk are freezing now. So keep safe over there.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
What kind of drops are you all using for your dry eyes? Anyone else here use Restasis? Does it help? My prescription for Restasis is for 6 times a day...it doesn't really seem to help make tears but I keep it in the refrigerator and it feels SO good when I put it in my eyes! I also have plugs in my tear ducts to try to hold moisture in my eyes.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
Good morning. I also have no interest in smart TV's. I have them for background noise and news, mostly.

That's pretty much me...use it for background noise. When I do watch it I watch the old westerns on ISPN, and I watch Discovery Channel.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Frogger
40k Posts
Frogger
40k Posts
Good Morning....

Cindy, my Opthmalogist recommends an OTC drop called Systane Ultra... "Lubricant eye drops". MY MIL likes them very much--she puts them in several times a day--well at least 2...morning & night.

I use 2 different brand of generic drops, as the Systane is costly (well in my mind)---both the generic are artificial tears as well.. I just use them as needed.
I do imagine the brand name work better.

and no they do not make actual tears as I see it, but they lubricate the eyes. So, it does feel better and it works better (the moving parts)...any medical persons here may be able to give you some better advice...

________

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I use the Systane Ultra, Optiva, (both expensive) and at night Refresh PM (ointment). It's a teeny tiny little tube and is $16!!!
My last visit to the opthamologist (Friday) she told me to make sure to use all this stuff plus the Restasis 6 times a day or else I would end up doing the same thing again that tore my cornea. I sure don't want that to happen again. nervous
Optiva (you get it at the dr, no prescription) is great but it's $50 for a 30 day supply! No way I can afford that. I got it once, loved it, but can't afford it again.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
We recently got a new TV and seriously I have trouble even turning the thing on. I hit the Power button - nothing - I hit the System button - nothing. I just keep pushing both of them until the TV comes on. I have no idea which one of them works or if I have to hit both of them in sequence or what. I have a manual but I can't understand it.

I think that owl got in Bill's tequila.

Bill Offline OP
10k Posts
OP Offline
10k Posts
The guy who runs our server was doing some random checks today at the datacenter and our drive light fail warning was red meaning imminent server failure so they migrated everything to a new hard drive, rather than waiting for the 'oh [BLEEP]' moment to happen.
That is why you couldn't get onto the forum for a while this morning...
Thank you Drak! clap

Bill Offline OP
10k Posts
OP Offline
10k Posts
I think that owl got in Bill's tequila.

He does look very content, doesn't he? haha

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Bill; Jan 18th, 2013 at 03:12 AM. Reason: I added an owl
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Oh my. my laptop told me to reset my modem and I did and then I could get on alright... thought I broke GH ....LOL! That owl looks mighty content to me.... want some of what he had...

My hubby wants a smart tv so that is what we will get... eventually...

I have to clean up my office today- it's a mess... still have to get myself a new desk calender too... and one for my bill tracking... had a 2 yr one but it's full now... I see a trip to Office Max or Staples in the not to far away future... got to get on the tax stuff soon too.... have I said how much I don't like doing that.... LOL!

Well off to get started on the cleaning up... boys this afternoon so better get it done before I have snacks and stuff to do with them....

Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad I did not try to get on when it was being moved. That always gives me a panic moment.
Long day and it is not over yet. But a good day. I baked a pound cake and ate a mess of it. I went and got prescriptions filled. Long line to drop it off then another long line to pick it up an hour and a half later. I guess everyone is in a rush before the weekend.
A warm day too. Well, it was warm down in town. It is only 63* up here on my hillside.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Another day at the doctor...got the last of my stitches out, when I finally got home I made a chicken breast and some brussels sprouts then crashed in the chair sound asleep til it was time to get Lola in bed. snooz

Saw on the news where someone killed 4 eagles in Snohomish County (where Bill lives).
madd

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I saw the eagle story too. That really sucks. I do hope they catch them and give them the maximum.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
A young eagle flew into the front of my truck almost 20 years ago and I still haven't gotten over it. I felt so bad, even though it was not my fault. tears
I don;t see how anyone could shoot one.

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Jan 18th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Bill Offline OP
10k Posts
OP Offline
10k Posts
There is a $14,000 reward for the eagle killer(s) They just killed them for fun. Grrrrrrr!

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
All the talk about "smart tv's" has me dragging the owner manual out again. So far I understand that it picks up the internet from my router like this laptop. If I read 200 more pages I might find out what I can do with that bit of information.

But, I just realized all I want to do with it is watch TV on it. lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
What the H E L L is wrong with people!!! madd touched

[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot

Saw on the news where someone killed 4 eagles in Snohomish County (where Bill lives).
madd

saw it on the news here too, tears

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I have my appt with my CPA this morning,, going to get my taxes done,, then I'm going clothes shopping for ME Finally!I've put myself off getting what the boys need first,for so long, I realized I only had 1 pair of jeans and it's getting cold here and capri's just don't cut it anymore zoink. Much as I hate shopping, yep I've done my research,I know who has what in my size lol so in and out shopping I go! I found a lot of Buy one get one 1/2 price, or 50% off sales. Last night I got two pairs of New Balance Shoes Buy one get one, so one for work, and one pair for what ever. thumbup today I want to get at least four different pairs of Blue jeans, and 4 or 5 shirts,and maybe some Smell good perfume,, Time to indulge in ME. I think it's been about 3 years since I've actually bought everyday clothes for my self,, I'm feeling good today lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Well, good for you, Diane! You sure deserve some new stuff! thumbup
I need clothes so bad, but can't handle the shopping part. I called Rachel a few days ago and asked her to buy me some clothes at the GAP/Old Navy outlet that she knows I will wear....pajama bottoms...lol

Originally Posted by Ditchy
What the H E L L is wrong with people!!! madd touched

Well...leave it up to Ditchy to find a way to say a bleeped word on here.... docs haha

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning....
We are warming up nicely here today... and it's sunny... I feel better when it is not so gloomy and cloudy... I got my office kind of picked up yesterday and made my printer work again... it started giving weird error messages so unplugged and reset all I could and now it works! Yay! have another one but didn't want to use it, this one is so much easier to use..

I have some chicken to cook up today.. thinking oven baked ... few more meals for my freezer... and dinner tonit too..

Well off to get my day started.. gotta get my office finished up today... have a good day all!

Nana

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
It is supposed to warm up in town today. We may have too much wind in my canyon to allow it to warm to t-shirt weather. The wind is drying my plants up like crazy too. Even with watering.
I am having meatloaf for my dinner. Not too sure what I will make to go with it yet.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
I called Rachel a few days ago and asked her to buy me some clothes at the GAP/Old Navy outlet that she knows I will wear....pajama bottoms

Ask her to pick up some for me also grin lol

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
They are so comfy...real thin cotton. But, at the outlet you don't have much of a choice in size or color. The ones I got there 2 years ago have Christmas trees on them. I only wear them at home, every single day...I have worn them out...they have holes in them.

I couldn't sleep last night so I have slept practically all day today. I hope I sleep tonight.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I hope you can sleep tonight as well, Cindy.
I tried to nap but didn't. So I should sleep good. I reheated meatloaf and fried up some taters and onions tonight and I am full.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
That meatloaf sounds good. I didn't have supper tonight. Made Lola a toasted p-nut butter sandwich. Bill got her hooked on those in Washington.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
Cindy, I remember those pajama bottoms. You're due new ones. Have you looked online?

Diane, I buy Johnny's jeans from Zappos for cheap and they come the next day.

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Bestofour

Diane, I buy Johnny's jeans from Zappos for cheap and they come the next day.

I get Tre's jeans from Zappo's,, those jeans fit him the best, thumbup

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
So that is an OK place to order from? I saw a purse on there earlier I would love to have...just afraid to order from companies I don't know about.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad I do not carry purses any more. I got very tired of being the family pack mule. If it won't fit comfortably in my pocket, I don't need it. Purses got awfully pricey over the years.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I carry a purse because I carry a gun... notme

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
PS...funny story....
The purse I carry now Brennan picked out one day when he was with Rachel shopping. He saw a certain purse and told Rachel "This is a perfect purse for CindyGranny! It has the long strap she puts across her to carry it, it has a place for her camera and phone and her gun will fit inside the middle part." So, Rach bought it for me.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
lol Good thinking Brennan.

My purse has gotten smaller over the years...the bigger it is, the more junk you throw in. I always buy cheap purses on clearance, that way I can make a change and donate the older one to the Foodbank.

Storming here today..6 to 8 inches supposedly.

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,810
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image