Hello All, I've come seeking the advice of the plant gurus that appear to be wandering around this forum. I have a pretty big, mature calamondin orange that I've inherited and had for the last several years. Only recently, it seems to have developed scale (maybe I brought it in on a plant I 'rescued' from the grocery store? Ack.).
I am not versed in pests, really, but did my googling, and it seems like it must be "soft" scale, as I have honeydew on the leaves?
So, in response, on the recommendation of my local garden center, I got a power that mixes in to the soil, as well as a spray to soak the tree in... on the principle that those two things would treat the existing scale, as well as make the plant inhospitable for new scale. I've been treating every 4-5 days for the last 3 weeks or so, and while the visible scale may have lessened a little, it's still very much there (see pictures).
I'm completely unwilling to get rid of it, so I have to find a way to get rid of them. HELP. What am I missing here?

(As an aside, since I've owned the plant and put it in my greenhouse of a southern facing, hot apartment, it's grown different leaves - much bigger and with ridges, versus the little ones it came with.... what's this about? normal?)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]