Rate Thread
#362299 Dec 8th, 2012 at 02:21 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
OP Offline
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
3 ways but I'm sure there is more

coffee filters You can buy a pkg of 100 for 89 cents.
your fav liquid fab softer.
divide your fab softer into two pour containers dilute by adding water 1/2 and 1/2) pour 1 teaspoon into filter and rub in the filter & throw in dryer,, your fab softener will last twice as long.

get a package of white wash clothes @ dollar general or like place,

pour your liquid softener into a large bowl,just enough to completely saturate. Hang outside to completely dry. Store in a Ziploc bag, each cloth will get about 10 to 12 uses depending.
reuse cloths= soak cloths and allow to dry as needed.
use a spray bottle of 1/2 water 1/2 vinegar spray on coffee filter or spray directly in dryer, makes for soft clothes,,and NO your clothes won't smell like vinegar .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
That is a good way, I refuse to buy anymore dryer sheets, and the liquid in your clothes rots the stitching over time, and is full of icky ingredients. I have a friend who makes her own laundry detergent I am going to try it, it is easy cheap and it works great and you save a ton of money.
As soon as I get the exact recipe from her tomorrow I will post it. grin

[Linked Image]
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I have been making my own laundry detergent for a while. I love it and save a bundle. I'd be interested in your friend's recipe.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Digger
500 Posts
Digger
500 Posts
So sorry Tina, I totally forgot to answer this.
Here it is.
Dissolve in about a cup and a half of hot water, 3 tbsp. of Arm and hammer washing soda.( Found in most laundry isles.) 3 tbsp. of Borax Powder. 2 tablespoons of Original PLAIN Dawn Dishwashing liquid, not the anti bacterial or the many other varieties.
Fill clean gallon jug 3/4 full with COLD water then add dissolved mixture. Invert several times to mix. USe about 1 to 2 cups per large load.
The recipe can be doubled so the product will be more concentrated so as to use less in the loads. Let me know what you think, I> like it better that the other recipes I have tried. Easier and works great! clap

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image