Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#363059 Jan 5th, 2013 at 02:43 AM
OP Offline
I got about week ago a zz plant. I repotted it in mericle grow organic mix and watered it, then after doing internet research went out and brought some cactus mix and changed the substrate so it wouldn't rot. It has responded with new growth and some yellowing leaves, fortunately the yellowing leaves are not that bad. My questions are as follows?

Its Jan I was told by another forum not to do anything for about a month to it. I was wondering when and how much should I water the zz. IT looks great for what its been through.

Last edited by meatyallstar; Jan 5th, 2013 at 02:44 AM.
meatyallstar #369884 May 16th, 2013 at 02:48 PM
ZZs are usually very easy to care for. In fact, they do well in just about any situation, but not a lot of direct sun. Did you add perlite to the potting soil? I know its cactus soil, but still.. some of them are still too "rich," and I always add perlite. I water mine about once a month except when its super hot, then maybe twice a month. Make sure the pot is not too large for the plant. It should only be a little bigger than the root ball. If the soil is dry down to your second knuckle, it should probably be watered. Water thoroughly and then let dry out again. ZZ plants respond well to very little care, and I think they are very attractive, although they do not flower.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image