Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#362857 Dec 29th, 2012 at 03:09 AM
OP Offline
Hello,
This is my first post, and I thank anyone who can help identify this bloom.
Last October, a friend from church and I exchanged plants but she didn't know the name of her offering. It is perennial, blooms late summer/fall. It isn't bare root, but has an inch-long bulbous base. I was surprised when one bloom appeared; another bud was nearly ready to open but didn't make it. The first bloom (7 petals) was deep scarlet; the second appeared to be peach or pink.
I've tried to copy/paste a photo but haven't succeeded yet.

rosesmarie #362859 Dec 29th, 2012 at 03:32 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I copied & pasted this guideline for you to read
If you look in the complete members forum you will see many helpful tips like this one that has been put up by members & the administrators.

The picture needs to be uploaded to a server. Most everyone here uses Photobucket.
http://www.photobucket.com
It's very easy. It takes just a minute to join Photobucket, and it's super easy to use...and FREE!

You upload your photo there, then there is a thumbnail of the picture, with 3 lines under it..."Url", "Tag", and "Img".
You just highlight the bottom line (Img) then right-click and copy it, then paste it right into your reply post.

At the top of the thumbnail photos there is an "edit" button, where you can resize your picture. The pictures posted here can't be over 640x480.

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
JunieGirl #362927 Dec 31st, 2012 at 03:56 AM
OP Offline
Hi Juniegirl,
Thanks for your help--I joined photobucket, uploaded photo, but didn't see the options you described that should appear (notably img). I tried to copy/paste--didn't work. BTW, there's reference to the "old" photobucket--maybe I should try that too.

rosesmarie #362928 Dec 31st, 2012 at 04:11 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Welcome, rosemarie. Photobucket keeps changing on me. When I hover over the picture on PB, a popup appears with the img option. Once you click on it, it is auto-saved for you to transfer here. Try something like that.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
rosesmarie #362930 Dec 31st, 2012 at 04:22 AM
OP Offline
I've tried and tried, and I'm not a cyberfool. In the short space of a day, apps and programs will no longer play nice--if anyone has a clue as to how to upload a photo to this forum, please advise. I'm on the search for a gardener's help site that will allow using the copy/paste function via windows.

rosesmarie #362935 Dec 31st, 2012 at 07:56 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by rosesmarie
Hi Juniegirl,
Thanks for your help--I joined photobucket, uploaded photo, but didn't see the options you described that should appear (notably img). I tried to copy/paste--didn't work. BTW, there's reference to the "old" photobucket--maybe I should try that too.

yep--try the "old" photobucket--and I use the free one. I know of what Tina speaks--I had that for a while--somehow I got rid of it--I do not remember how but it is jsut like it used to be--so I guess I have the "old" Photobucket.---
Why not give that a try ??

________

JunieGirl #362941 Dec 31st, 2012 at 03:17 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Hey: I just went to my photobucket & there was a new format--so I looked around, saw a place to click on so I could use the Old foprmat (upper right -hand corner) & when I did there was a message box that asked me why I chose to use the old one, so I plainly told them. Then "they" reverted my Photobucket back to a previous format, which I can easily use. :)

and now I am a happy camper !!!!

________

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image