Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#361540 Nov 8th, 2012 at 06:01 AM
OP Offline
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

OP Offline
average humidity 50%.... average temp 75 degrees... started in miracle grow potting soil that was sitting outside in a pot during the summer before use... used some miracle grow that u add to a quart of water RECENTLY... only 2 are jalapeno plants that were started outside and were brought indoors to revive... the rest are either cayenne or pepperonchini.... i decided to keep the lights low so the other plants would catch up... raised the lights cause i was scared the black streaks were a result of close flourescant lighting (T5 bulbs 5000k)... 12,000 lumens (6 bulbs)... hhave not switched to bloom bulbs yet... intake and exaust fans going... small fan blowing on plants for strength also... Afraid i have a disease.. a tomato plant seems to be doing fine inside the same grow tent... insecticidal soap when necessary underneath the leaves... notice the pepper plant is in fact leaning badly but leaves do look somewhat healthy to me

OP Offline
So apparently... i needed a triple action fungicide/insecticide/miticide that is eco friendly... This was caused by close proximity to the humidifier i was using to raise humidity due to low 20% humidity levels... looks like it would be a better idea to install some more ducting .... Info came from a close family friend who owns a nearby garden store. I have treated the plant and will post two new pics of my entire operation in a week with results. Hope it wasnt too late.

OP Offline
Honestly, still not doing to good... Learned that i should turn over the soil on top about an inch deep with a tool without disturbing the roots. Still trying to control this fungus growth which is doing just a bit better. Fungus was far enough along to do major damage! Turning the soil helps it breathe and is good to do a couple hours after watering which i like to do every 3-4 days. Its ok though because im growing in my indoor grow tent.... and my real season will start in february so i can prepare to start transplanting outside. I've learned a lot this time around and will definitely do better. Still got a nice pumpkin plant growing and 1 nice tomato plant and some basil. I'm sure some of these pepper plants will make it through. All these seeds were from 1999! Fresh seeds, Fresh soil to a fresh start in February with my new found knowledge on pest control and fungus control! Will post a pic once i see some positive progress.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,812
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image