#360706 Oct 5th, 2012 at 09:36 AM
Jimmy V Offline OP
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Diane ask me to post this

Wow came home from work to find i was robbed all tvs laptops wii,all hand held games and all acessories amd games gone :( i feel so sad for the boys finally in their lives they had things they wanted and someone robbs us how sick is that? Even the dresses i got for brojas wedding is gone

2 boys r required to do home work on line not gonna happen now

Cops came and accessed what was stolen we figured around 4,500. No renters insurance either its just a loss now boys r bored with no tv

[Linked Image]
Meet Clyde my Male Sugar Glider. Clyde says Keep it organic.

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A. Pray for our Troops!

Jimmy's Blog
10k Posts
10k Posts
tears I wish I could help...

Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
OMG that is just so awful! I am so sorry for Diane and the boys. The one good thing is that no one was home or phsically hurt during this crime. My heart aches for them - I hope the police are able to recover their things and quickly.

Thanks for letting us know, Jimmy!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
I am so sorry... karma will get them... I do believe what goes around comes around...I hope they can recover your things and the boys too...so glad no one was home to be hurt but boy what kind of lowlife would do that... will pray for you to get everything back...

Nana

[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Yes I agre with Lynne--I sure hope the police can find who did this and are able to retun the boys electronics---at very least the lap tops. Such a crazy world we live in..

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
Patriot
10k Posts
Patriot
10k Posts
This is so sad. People are mean.

Jimmy V Offline OP
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
My son Harold has an old laptop he is loaning her not much but better then nothing.

[Linked Image]

Jimmy's Blog
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I hate this.
Like I told Diane awhile ago, most of the time when you are robbed like this it's by someone who has been in your house and knows what you have. My own cousin robbed me after my husband died in 1994...he knew I was staying at my mom's and he knew what I had in my house. It's usually someone close to you that robs you. I hope they catch whoever robbed Diane.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
So sad...it's not only the loss of items, it's the feelings of uneasiness that stay with you for a LONG time. tears

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I doubt my things will be recovered, I only had serial numbers for a few things,, I never have adults over here other than therapist and social workers,Jimmy, Breytons dad and their Bio Mom,, Sooooo I agree it had to be someone we knew because they went exactly where everything was including the games that went to all the hand held Playstation Vitas and Nin" DS's, Even the Wii and controllers and all the games, they had around 20 games for each hand held and the wii so that was around 60-80 games all together. and nothing else was disturbed. Jewelry wasn't even taken,just all electronics and cash, two dresses,and Julians money jar, Oh and took 1/2 the food out of the deep freezer. And they tooki Jimmy's camera he let me borrow !
I've had a headache from Hell since it was all discovered, the first night I didn't sleep and last night I finally went to sleep around 3 am and slept til 10. I'm just sick about this, Breyton took it the worse,, He got the Play station Vita via good behavior great grades and being such a big helper to me, and this is the second time his TV has been stolen,, I need to Move but with the Wedding and now this loss I can't do it right now,, maybe after the first of the year??

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Ya know Diane....perhaps if you are considering moving, you could also "move" Christmas until after you do move---I would hate for anything you might buy the boys new for Christmas to "go missing" again. zoink

Just an idea--something special could still be done to make the actual date of Christmas special---perhaps just a small package each to open..Church..a special meal..driving around looking at lights, etc--whatever would be special to them---(just me thinking outloud)

This is so very wrong on so may levels--what will you do about your outfits & shoes?? This just makes me sick--but how you handle it will be a learning experience for the boys.... kissie

________

Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
I have been thinking of this non-stop all weekend. I am so upset for you Diane, it's at the point of how much can a person take??

Has the landlord done anything yet??

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Diane
I am so sorry to read this.......YOu an the boys dont deserve that.. Must be someone who knows your schedule..............
An you worked so hard to get all that .
Prayers for you
dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
PS... My horse isn't here, this is my Nitemare..
Jimmy V Offline OP
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
I have been checking Craigs list and any other place I can think of that sells stuff online like Yahoo groups so far nothing

[Linked Image]

Jimmy's Blog
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Most times Jimmy, that stuff is used in trade at local drug dealers and held for a few months before sold again.

It still 'irks' me that they left the jewelry and took the dresses....something very strange about that.

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
That is a very weird robbery.
The dresses ...The sounded like an inside job.. How would any one know of the dresses if thery were not there to see them? Sad...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
I hate this.
Like I told Diane awhile ago, most of the time when you are robbed like this it's by someone who has been in your house and knows what you have. It's usually someone close to you that robs you. .

I tend to agree with Cindy. Ya know, I find it odd too that they would KNOW to rifle thru a closet for Dresses---the other stuff can almost be explained away--once you find a lap top or a wii play station you kn ow to look around for the accessories but the dressews??? nope--why would you look at clothes---how may people have something in that area (clothing) would sell these days, even for drugs. It is almost as if they were after the clothes (spite ya know) & took the rest of the items just for good measure.

Oh mY Diane, this is so sad--but hey, at least you have the pictures (on here) to have printed out for the police...as proof if nothing else.

I hope you will be able to get something to wear to your DD's Wedding in time-- tears

________

A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by JunieGirl
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot
I hate this.
Like I told Diane awhile ago, most of the time when you are robbed like this it's by someone who has been in your house and knows what you have. It's usually someone close to you that robs you. .

I tend to agree with Cindy. Ya know, I find it odd too that they would KNOW to rifle thru a closet for Dresses---the other stuff can almost be explained away--once you find a lap top or a wii play station you kn ow to look around for the accessories but the dressews??? nope--why would you look at clothes---how may people have something in that area (clothing) would sell these days, even for drugs. It is almost as if they were after the clothes (spite ya know) & took the rest of the items just for good measure.

Oh mY Diane, this is so sad--but hey, at least you have the pictures (on here) to have printed out for the police...as proof if nothing else.

I hope you will be able to get something to wear to your DD's Wedding in time-- tears

I had the dresses draped over the arm of the couch because I had an appt to get some tweaking done to them I still wasn't satisfied with some little things. The couch is right next to the laptop desk, police felt they probably wrapped the laptops in them and possibly a smaller flat screen tv in one of them, as I also have a blanket missing off my bed probably used for the 53 inch flat screen. Nothing in my closet is missing. Jewelry is harder to sell on the street, but electronics go pretty quick ,, it's fast money. I also had pictures of me in them(dresses) and I had printed receipts from my computer and police have copies of all that as well, not that it would do any good, ??? boohoo

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
This all pains me so much, Diane. Have you made any headway in finding new dresses? I hope the landlord came to fix the door already??? How are the boys handling it all - poor guys have had to go through so much in their lives already - my heart goes out to them and you.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Diane you can talk in anything.LOL
Did they take the shoes? Hope not.

Dont they have a rent a garment place there?

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
I just had the Best Friday!!!!!! 2 weeks ago, My house was burglarized and I lost so many things mostly the boys things.
Today @ lunch ( I was staying in as I normally do) My Boss told me to go to my car, He had something for me,
,"Hmmmmmm Okay??
" I thought
When I got outside there was a large group of co workers, the Lab owner and my boss,, Standing Beside His Car,,, He told me to open My trunk.
He opened up his truck and a couple of co workers pulled out... a Brand new Flat screen, Lap Top, antivirus program, and a 3 in 1 copier, all still in the boxes shock
He said with the wedding, and Christmas right around the corner He knows how the two events can be financially crippling while still trying to replace the stolen items, he said,," This is for all your hard work, coming to work when your so ill day after day till you work thru to feeling better even if it's a week,, most people would simply call in or go home when I tell them to But you stay and plow through, because those boys need you to work to support them and you're doing this alone and never ask for help.Yet you always have jokes, make us laugh, and you're cheerful even through your worse of times"
Yep I was in tears of gratitude, Humbled by their compassion and generosity. :ding: and then presented me with a 2 100$ bills and said go try to find something the boys had taken and replace it. I went to the pawn shop bought 2 psp's and lots of games and movies that go in the Psp's.
I said it before I have to say it again,, I work with the best Group of people EVER! grin angel
AND NOW,, I have Renters Insurance! thumbup shewinks

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Well, this made me cry.
You sure do work with a great bunch, Diane.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Oh Diane, I am so happy for you an the boys......God how good the workers are to you .
Proves there are angels out there .
Misty eyed here for you .....Have a great weekend Diane an boys.. Everyone knows your good to everyone.
god blessed you

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Diane just one more question.
What did your boys do when they seen all the wonderful stuff from work?
I can hear them screaming??LOL
WOnderful

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Thanks CIndy and DOdge,,, I have no doubt there are angels on Earth, God just happen to put a lot of them in one place, Natural-like Dental Lab, angel :ding: angel
I've never had a Dell computer but I finally got it set up and am using it now,,
I want to say Thanks To Jimmy for being my personal Angel, that loaned me his extra TV, and His laptop on Weekends so the boys could do their on line assignments for school,since I was robbed.
He has been an angel to me so much these last few years, kissie and asks nothing in return, He has such a big heart and would help anyone that needed it. kissie angel

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by dodge
Diane just one more question.
What did your boys do when they seen all the wonderful stuff from work?
I can hear them screaming??LOL
WOnderful

sqweeling like little girls,, lol they were,, saying Really/ Really??? party lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Aww how sweet that is.......
Your one wonderful lady an they know it now.

dodge

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
OH, Diane--I am so very happy for you and the boys--this is wonderful news. clap party

________

Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
What a wonderful bunch of people to work with .... and Jimmy too to help out like that but we knew that about him.... I bet the boys are happy about it too and so grateful .... angels on earth is right- the whole bunch of them... am glad you have renters insurance now... and go thru everthing and make a hard copy list of serial numbers and take pics of everything,we should all do that for just in case ... me too... LOL!
Nana

[Linked Image]
Jimmy V Offline OP
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
So happy for you Diane you work so hard to just have some scum bag steal it from you.. BTW your last post made me blush grin but thanks you always try to help everyone I am honored to be your friend and able to help you a little.

[Linked Image]

Jimmy's Blog
Purl One
30k Posts
Purl One
30k Posts
Diane - you certainly do work with wonderful human beings! thumbup I am not surprised that they would gift you like they did, as I am sure you often do nice things for them as well. You are an extremely devoted employee, and I'm sure it shows in your work there, as it does with taking care of your boys. grin

As for Jimmy - what can I say - he's the best friend a person could ever have!
Love ya Jimmy! kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
awwwwww thanks Lynne kissie

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Well deserved kissie

Jimmy V Offline OP
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
OP Offline
Critter Keeper
5k Posts
Originally Posted by plants 'n pots
Diane - you certainly do work with wonderful human beings! thumbup I am not surprised that they would gift you like they did, as I am sure you often do nice things for them as well. You are an extremely devoted employee, and I'm sure it shows in your work there, as it does with taking care of your boys. grin

As for Jimmy - what can I say - he's the best friend a person could ever have!
Love ya Jimmy! kissie

blush Oh garsh Lynne you too kind

[Linked Image]

Jimmy's Blog
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Julians Therapist came over with an Xbox 360 for the boys,, They were Thrilled to say the Least! They had their Wii stolen, and I hadn't replaced it yet,, They like having the XBox even more,, hifive I'm am truely blessed to have such compassionate, giving people in my life. :ding:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
I agree 1oo%
They what comes around goes around.....

Your living proof.. Diane you just had more pillars to climb than most of us.
Enjoy life.........Boys wont be little too long.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Hi Dodge I was worried about you and the storm,, I'm happy to see you one line kissie clap

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
thanks Diane

It was a scarey last nite.
Fortunately 4 people were talking to me an keeping my mind busy. I was jumpy.

OK tonite. Peaceful is the word. Thanks for caring, Higher power controls me.

;o)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Barb--it is good to see you here and well-- thumbup
thanks for letting us know.

________

Hot Rod
20k Posts
Hot Rod
20k Posts
Thank you , right about today it is good to b anywhere.....No hurricand.
Praying for the others ........

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image