Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#280069 May 13th, 2009 at 10:15 AM
Lyyne Offline OP
OP Offline
I've been looking through the forums to help my aloe vera recover from root rot and found some excellent advice......It was said that a person should cut of the rot top and bottom and let it sit for a few days before replanting. Would this be in a cup of water? Or air dry it? Can you lay it flat if in fact air drying is the way to go?
I moved about a year and a half ago and my houseplants have not faired well! I've lost 1/2 of them including one I had had for over 15 years! :( I don't want to lose another.....Your help is kindly appreciated! Lynne

Lyyne #285624 Jun 13th, 2009 at 12:15 PM
1k Posts
1k Posts
Wish I could help you with this question, but I've never had a aloe vera plant. If it's anything like a jade which is also a succulent then air drying is the right way to go. Hopefully someone else will see your post and give you expert advice.

By the way welcome to our great forum. When your question doesn't get answered right away, don't be afraid to ask again, sometimes it take a while for someone to see this post who really knows what answer to give to you.

[Linked Image]

Kindness is a language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
Rosepetal #285630 Jun 13th, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
Jiffymouse
Unregistered
air dry. several days.

Lyyne #360884 Oct 14th, 2012 at 02:37 PM
I've air dried mine for 2 weeks. I've also heard that you need to cut it with a sharp, clean blade and putting a rooting hormone on it will help.

I still don't have any root growth and I'm rather upset about it.

Ive loved houseplants ever since I was a kid, my grandmother taught me. Majored in Floriculture in High School.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in March
Gardening in April
Gardening in May

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,875
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,007
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image