Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I have to go to the chair...I took my sleepy pill..... snooz

[Linked Image from agardenersforum.com]
[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

You're not really drunk until you're speaking fluent Ozzy Osbourne.
afgreyparrot #360487 Sep 26th, 2012 at 01:44 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Night night Cindy--sleep well---

________

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!! .....
afgreyparrot #360488 Sep 26th, 2012 at 02:00 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Sweet dreams all. It is time for me to head towards my pillow too.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
What every gardener loves the most, Begins and ends in rich compost. (Tina)
Tina #360490 Sep 26th, 2012 at 09:17 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
up early to go to exercise so I can be on my way to Emily's with her Dog Beowulf and a bunch of baby items--like a stroller and a car seat base. (If I am lucky, Hollie has another base so that I dont have to go buy one)

I have to get there in time for her to go to her Drs. appt---(Gee I wonder if I get to go along???) and no, THIS DD is not the type that you ask those questions to---so I will just have to wait & see...
have a great day everyone....

________

afgreyparrot #360492 Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
That pic is awesome Cindy.

Have fun Carol, hope you can tag along to spend some 'baby time'.

Finishing up some door painting here today..not much planned besides housework. Grandbaby arrives at supper grin

Tina, has the cool nights set in yet?

~~Tam~ You can bury all your troubles by digging in the dirt.
afgreyparrot #360493 Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:42 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Good morning. I think the word "cool" is relative to what you are used to and find most comfortable. Temps in the upper 60's are very good sleeping weather for me. But others may find it too warm.
I slept well last night and plan on a good day today. I need to stop at the store for the bananas I forgot yesterday.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #360494 Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:53 PM
10k Posts
10k Posts
It got down to 42° here last night. I need to get the furnace working soon!

afgreyparrot #360495 Sep 26th, 2012 at 11:58 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
After you get that done, come light my water heater pilot!
I need to call someone to do that soon, I guess. I have been heating water on my stove top for dishes and such. And I have showers available at the campground next door, very close to me. So it is not a drastic need, just a convenience.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Sunflowers #360496 Sep 27th, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Originally Posted by Sunflowers
That pic is awesome Cindy.

Have fun Carol, hope you can tag along to spend some 'baby time'.

OK--I could swear that my DD said to be there at 10:30, that her appt was at 11--and while I thought that barely gave her enough time to get to teh dr---who am I to say when she should leave--well, I just got a phone call from her wondering where I was--it seems she told me when her appt was (not) & she was leaving at 9:15----so IF I was gonna get to go, I am not going to get to now--But then her DH was home, so I assume I was not ever invited to go along. why

and if my cell phone was on I would have seen that they all went to breakfast at 7:30 a.m. & so they texted me to say where they were--- rolz

________

afgreyparrot #360497 Sep 27th, 2012 at 02:00 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You may need to take notes, Carol. But miscommunications happen all of the time. Relax. As life gets busier for them with baby, they may be begging you to come help out at your convenience.
I got Ted to school and spent more money than I needed to for just having bananas on my list. But there was a pretty good sale on bacon too. And there is to be a pork shortage for the next year. I already have a bunch of bacon and other pork frozen but still......

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #360498 Sep 27th, 2012 at 04:42 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Time to get your heating ready y'all thumbup

I agree with Tina..soon they'll be calling to remind you to get there as soon as possible grin

There is already a pork shortage here..we couldn't even get any piglets to raise the past two years. You call and put your name on a list and hope you get picked. Far from the days when people would drive around and sell them where they seen a barn in the yard. With the bad crops and high price of feed, a lot of pig farmers have given up. So sad.

Moose hunting season here, 3 days of freezing out in the woods in hopes of getting a 'swamp donkey'. (Which you had to be lucky enough to get your name drawn for in a lottery).

afgreyparrot #360502 Sep 27th, 2012 at 06:02 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Times are tough. Crops have been poor so feed is in high demand and scarce. Beef will be next. A lot more people are interested in hunting than in our normal years. The difference here is we don't freeze much and I have never seen a moose in person. Our deer are pretty small as deer go.
I have Ted home from school and am about ready to nap. The heat is up outdoors today too. Tomorrow we are supposed to be even more humid than today.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #360515 Sep 27th, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
About the kids---I can prove that I was right---Emily just dropped it & did not make any smart-aliky (sp) retort.

about the groceries---it is rediculous----Eggs alone went up $1.00 a dozen here---I am going to have to stop shopping at te h regular grocery stores & go to the discount places---
Rod is upsset about the cost of things & blames his job & insurance costs--but really it is the economy.

I so wish my life would lighten up some---but luckliy I have Luke to hold & smile about.

________

afgreyparrot #360517 Sep 27th, 2012 at 12:24 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
You do have Luke and that is wonderful.
I am a little bit of a nut on preparedness. One of the things is watching the economy, weather and crops. I've been stockpiling since early summer when the first crop failures were peeking out at us.
But you cannot really stockpile eggs well.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #360520 Sep 27th, 2012 at 12:31 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I so wish my life would lighten up some---but luckliy I have Luke to hold & smile about.

kissie

I am a little bit of a nut on preparedness.

I wish I was...I live from one day to the next...having no clue about anything that is relevant. I never watch the news...I have no clue what is going on in the world. I have not bought a local newspaper since I moved back here from Washington. I just stay in my own little world.

You know...I really thought one more cat would hardly be noticed. It seems like there are 20 cats here now. That kitten is wearing me out. I'm so glad I just had one kid.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #360524 Sep 27th, 2012 at 02:01 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
I wish I could buy food up ahead---I have 1, 24 by 24 pantry & a small book shelf that has a few empty places on it for extra staple food stuff---I used to keep extra staples in the basement, but Rod always throws a fit---I think he tells himself that by my doing that, that is why we are short on money sometimes---silly man--penny wise & dollar foolish...

Thank goodness I do have a chest freezer

(Cindy, sometimes it is good to be in one's own little world)

Night night everyone--sweet dreams-

________

afgreyparrot #360526 Sep 27th, 2012 at 02:03 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I don't buy newspapers. I do watch the news and the weather. The rest of my info comes from my computer.
Sweet dreams all.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #360527 Sep 27th, 2012 at 09:21 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Originally Posted by afgreyparrot

You know...I really thought one more cat would hardly be noticed. It seems like there are 20 cats here now. That kitten is wearing me out. I'm so glad I just had one kid.

lol Put up a sign on your door...No More Strays.

The economy gets worse, prices get higher and paychecks stay the same or get lower. My Aunts workplace just has to take a $2/hr pay cut. It was either that or they lose their jobs.

Freezing out this morning, around 30*..a hard killing frost as well. Cutting grass has officially ended as of this morning.

Sunflowers #360528 Sep 27th, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts

The economy gets worse, prices get higher and paychecks stay the same or get lower. My Aunts workplace just has to take a $2/hr pay cut. It was either that or they lose their jobs.

yep, Rod keeps complaiining about his job & what they pay---I keep telling hom he makes about $3.00 more an hour than other jobs for his skill-set in the area. It is just the economy , our ages (insurance keeps going up), & my health (the cost of the meds I am on) that is doing us in.

I have decided that after I have Christmas bought & paid for, I am handing him the checkbook & HE can manage the money---perhaps then he will understand.

Well, I am off to go to my sister's house---She & my niece are having a yard sale & I am going to help them--AND as an added bonus, I will have a great day with family....

________

afgreyparrot #360529 Sep 27th, 2012 at 11:35 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Have a fun and profitable yard sale, Carol.
Good morning. It is fall clean up time outdoors. There is stuff to trim and things to rake. That is pretty much my plans for the season along with keeping some of the crud out of my house.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #360530 Sep 28th, 2012 at 01:33 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
Morning,
I think I may be back to normal now- was so very tired after my vacation... we walked so much and tried to get in as much as we could every day... needed days to recover... but didn't get a lot of time- babysat for Carrie's niece a couple days.. chasing a 2 yr old... fun but didn't get much rest... LOL!
Got the boys after a half day today of school... going to go look for Halloween costumes for them.. gotta find them early or the good ones are gone... Carrie is sick she got a cold and stomach flu too. so staying away for the day..keeping boys here too.
Well gotta go clear out my office and see if I can balance the budget,,, see if there is any money left for groceries... I hear you about the prices of everything... I have been stockpiling groceries too lately- just buying extra canned and stuff I could freeze.. we don't eat bacon but have been buying extra porkchops to put away.. we eat mostly fish and turkey... lots of chicken... have lots of it put away too .It's the fresh stuff that costs more every week..
I used to freeze eggs too.. you can scramble them with a little water and bag them , one or two for cooking in receipes.. haven't done it for a long time though... I still use powdered milk for cooking .. grew up on it in Alaska but our kids don't like it for drinking..unless I mix it which I used to do and refill cartons... then what they don't know doesn't hurt them.. we may have to go back to depression style cooking... always cheaper to cook from scratch.. figure it will be healthier too.
Well off to see if money will go as far as I need it to....
Nana

[Linked Image]
afgreyparrot #360531 Sep 28th, 2012 at 01:52 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I am glad you are recovering from your vacation, Nana. I almost need a recovery vacation after those. Working out next month's budget is on my weekend agenda too.
Depression era cooking is good. So many people these days do not know how to do it, though. They grew up with too many processed foods. Almost add water and eat stuff. I was not a depression era baby but I grew up listening to stories and learning from them. I try to waste as little as possible. (Rule #1)

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #360532 Sep 28th, 2012 at 02:35 AM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
Rest is good Nana kissie BTW: Walmart had great costumes for cheap here, under $10.

I agree Carol, give him the checkbook thumbup

Can I go rake with you Tina, I love raking...I find it so relaxing. Ya I know I'm strange...but I remember as a child, going to neighbors houses asking if I could rake their yards for free lol

Maybe we could start a topic on tips and recipes for stretching food budgets if Bill doesn't mind?

Sunflowers #360533 Sep 28th, 2012 at 03:03 AM
10k Posts
10k Posts
Maybe we could start a topic on tips and recipes for stretching food budgets if Bill doesn't mind?

I can create a new forum if you'd like.... or you can just start a topic and see how it goes from there. Let me know :wink:

afgreyparrot #360534 Sep 28th, 2012 at 03:40 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I was thinking that we didn't need a new forum because we have the kitchen one. But I have begun making my own laundry detergent and I would hate for anyone to eat that recipe. And the money savings is huge. I also love knowing what my grey water from my washer is taking out to feed my trees and plants. How about making your own baby or cleaning wipes? I love knowing what is in these things for myself and my family. We have fewer skin issues around here.
My problems with these tips for things is trying to remember where I saw it. And if mixtures are involved, how much is the ratio? Sometimes I have to read through a bunch of stuff to find it again. There are a million and one things to do with vinegar. Another million uses for baking soda. Hydrogen peroxide anyone?
I went out and cleaned out my covered patio. I also cleaned out the little uncovered patio and back porch, ramp and walkways. I have piles of things to take to the green dump. I will be doing that many more times as our slow fall slooowwly unleashes. My fall lasts well into winter because we do not have the frosts that turn our leaves quickly and make them drop. We have yet to begin our seasonal winds. But I am not in a hurry.
We are to push towards 100* today and humidity is up for us. Maybe somewhere around will get some rain. I washed my van yesterday in high hopes. thumbup I water 24/7 somewhere around here.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #360549 Sep 28th, 2012 at 01:29 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
So...did a new forum get started or do we use the "Helpful Hints" forum?
I want the recipe for homemade laundry detergent!

Last edited by afgreyparrot; Sep 28th, 2012 at 01:41 PM. Reason: And I promise I will not eat it.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #360553 Sep 28th, 2012 at 01:47 PM
10k Posts
10k Posts
So...did a new forum get started or do we use the "Helpful Hints" forum?
I want the recipe for homemade laundry detergent!

old I made a new forum!

Bill #360554 Sep 28th, 2012 at 01:49 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Wooohoooo! hifive
I can put on there that I can stretch my laundry detergent budget by wearing the same clothes for 3 days in a row...lol

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #360559 Sep 28th, 2012 at 02:34 PM
Frogger
40k Posts
Online Happy
Frogger
40k Posts
Wooohoooo! hifive
I can put on there that I can stretch my laundry detergent budget by wearing the same clothes for 3 days in a row...lol

probably not, Cindy--- why But I am interested in getitng Tina's recipe for laundry detergent---I will save a few containers & then we will see how that works here

________

afgreyparrot #360561 Sep 28th, 2012 at 02:56 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I posted it in the thread.
I am about ready to hit the hay. Ted and I just switched our laundry to the dryer. I smile when we do that. He is my laundry helper. I just wish he would fold to. He doesn't.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
JunieGirl #360562 Sep 28th, 2012 at 02:58 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
I got good news today. They are re-instating my Social Security and Medicaid!!!!
She said it would not take effect til a week or so in November...I have a surgery appointment Oct. 30 to have 3 "suspicious cancer" things removed (one on my chest and 2 on my back), so I will just postpone that appointment to make sure the medicaid will cover it. Have a huge lump on my breast (well, chest, rather...since I had my breasts removed already) that has been there for awhile but starting to hurt bad now and going to have an ultra-sound on Oct. 2, but I will have medicaid to cover that...the medicaid does not run out til Oct. 31. So, I am a happy camper tonight.

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

Tina #360563 Sep 28th, 2012 at 03:00 PM
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
OP Offline
Official Problem Child!
5k Posts
Originally Posted by Tina
I posted it in the thread.
I am about ready to hit the hay. Ted and I just switched our laundry to the dryer. I smile when we do that. He is my laundry helper. I just wish he would fold to. He doesn't.

Gonna go check it out!!!
I have a laundry helper, too...this damn kitten. I hope I never shut her in the dryer like I shut her in the fridge the other night. She jumps in every time the dryer is open.

Nighty night, Tina.....

[Linked Image]

~Cinja~

afgreyparrot #360566 Sep 28th, 2012 at 03:10 PM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I got good news today. They are re-instating my Social Security and Medicaid!!!!
She said it would not take effect til a week or so in November...I have a surgery appointment Oct. 30 to have 3 "suspicious cancer" things removed (one on my chest and 2 on my back), so I will just postpone that appointment to make sure the medicaid will cover it. Have a huge lump on my breast (well, chest, rather...since I had my breasts removed already) that has been there for awhile but starting to hurt bad now and going to have an ultra-sound on Oct. 2, but I will have medicaid to cover that...the medicaid does not run out til Oct. 31. So, I am a happy camper tonight.

I am so happy for you! Well, the reinstatement part. Not the lumps,,bumps and things rattling in the night.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
afgreyparrot #360571 Sep 28th, 2012 at 08:28 PM
Northern Star
30k Posts
Online Crazy
Northern Star
30k Posts
kissie Cindy..so relieved to hear the news..sorry about the upcoming appointments though.

Thanks Bill...Lets stretch our budgets everyone thumbup

Sunflowers #360572 Sep 28th, 2012 at 11:27 PM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
kissie Cindy..so relieved to hear the news..sorry about the upcoming appointments though.

Thanks Bill...Lets stretch our budgets everyone thumbup

I'm glad too Cindy it was reinstated clap
I've been stretching my budget for a long time IF only the gas prices would go down and stay down, we for the most part stay home on weekends so I will have gas for the work week. Looking forward to seeing all the ideas on further stretching of budgets.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
afgreyparrot #360578 Sep 29th, 2012 at 12:39 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
I went to sleep with a lighter heart and a smile last night because of your news, Cindy.
Today, and for the next few, we are to get triple digits. When I am finished with my morning coffee, I am going out with my loppers and trimming some shrubs and tree branches that have grown too close to my house. I want a little space between structures and burnable growth. If I can work before the heat sets in, I should be able to get quite a bit done and out of here. Fire season is upon us.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Tina #360579 Sep 29th, 2012 at 01:23 AM
Super Granny
4k Posts
Super Granny
4k Posts
thumbup
Yay for the powers at be that do the right thing Cindy... feel so much better knowing this will help you... now praying for good outcomes from the doc appts..

I have got to clean house today... go get my meds at pharmacy and make a decent dinner tonight.. we have been eating out of freezer since I got back.. so want something fresh tonit... porkchops and cooked cinnamon apples..

Looking fwd to all the helpful hints to stretch our budgets too.. will look at my many books to add to the posts there.. most I don't even think about doing I just do...LOL!

Nana

[Linked Image]
Nana's15 #360581 Sep 29th, 2012 at 01:45 AM
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
A Gnome's Best Friend
30k Posts
Originally Posted by Nana's15
thumbup
Yay for the powers at be that do the right thing Cindy... feel so much better knowing this will help you... now praying for good outcomes from the doc appts..

want something fresh tonit... porkchops and cooked cinnamon apples..

Looking fwd to all the helpful hints to stretch our budgets too.. will look at my many books to add to the posts there.. most I don't even think about doing I just do...LOL!

Nana

Yum Porkchops sound good I haven't had those in a while thumbup
Nana I figured you'd have a lot of hints to stretch the budget, I can't wait to read yours grin

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
"Grace without perfection is more to be desired than perfection without grace."
angelblossom #360590 Sep 29th, 2012 at 09:17 AM
10k Posts
10k Posts
kilroy I have been dreading the thought of working on the heater AGAIN, because I expected I would have to disassemble the whole stove.

When I was all set to begin I had a sudden brain fart... idea

Two batteries into the thermostat and I was done! bow

afgreyparrot #360591 Sep 29th, 2012 at 09:58 AM
California Queen
30k Posts
California Queen
30k Posts
Awesome, Bill!
Now are you going to come light the pilot on my water heater? I have not been stressing it because I have showers available close by. I can heat water on my stove for most other things. Taking showers on the ranch next door is really a savings for me. But not all of my guests would be happy with that. My older kids when they are visiting for instance. I guess I need to call the propane company. I have just been putting it off.

~Tina
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Drama Free Zone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Seasonal Ticker
Gardening Links
Gardening in February
Gardening in March
Gardening in April

Shop at Amazon and Support AGF
Are you shopping online? Click this link first and A Gardeners Forum will receive a commission for your referral at Amazon.com (shopping through this link to Amazon will not have any impact on your prices at Amazon).
Like Us on Facebook
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics14,312
Posts240,811
Average Daily Posts3
Members16,004
Most Online10,356
Nov 2nd, 2019
Top Posters(30 Days)
Random Gallery Image